Green Valley, AZ

Posted April 18, 2014
I was concerned about the academic environment my girls would endure when moving here in 2008. The teachers truly care about the students and that in itself makes up for the lack of state funding. The new buildings have transformed the school from an eyesore to a beautiful K-8 campus. The one and only negative review is not wholly true. Continental has made leaps and bounds since 2009 and all the pieces are now in place. Your child will get a quality education if your an involved parent - plain and simple.

Posted April 15, 2013
I couldn't ask for better teachers and staff. I feel the school only lacks in what they do not have funding for, i.e. new desks, sporting facilities. The new buildings for preschool and kinder are wonderful. I have heard from so many parents upon finding out my children go there is how much they love Continental and how glad they were that their children attended there. My children have grown so much and learned so much from the caring teachers and staff in such a short time. I think the administration has come a long way and is working hard to make it an all around great school.

Continental Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
The current administration at this school is absolutely horrid. They talk down to parents and teachers, they do not communicate, they do not support the parent teacher organization in the least (called the PTC). Parents avoid the administrators at all costs. The administration at this school has completely changed the school for the worst. They are so far behind on current teaching and education. They do nothing to provide the teachers with professional development and current training. It is very shameful what is happening at this school because of poor leadership and administration. A good administrator should motivate, inspire, and lead the students and teachers to greatness. Instead there is belittling, dishonesty, low standards and expectations, and many more problems. I am moving my children out of this school. I feel bad for the teachers who have to work is this type of environment. It is very sad, because the teachers work very hard.

Posted January 19, 2012
Continental has very caring teachers. They work hard. However, I would like to see more TEAMING on the grade levels. The teachers need to do more sharing of ideas and resources. The PTC works very hard, but I feel there is a lot of "fluff". The PTC needs to focus less on fun and more on helping the teachers with education. I would like to see some sort of academic focus. This school could use new desks, new books, and a take home reading library, for example. This school is decent, and my children love school. I feel the administrator does not focus enough on the children. It is a small school, and she should focus more on knowing all the students and parents. The website for this school needs some serious attention. This school gets a bad rap because they lack Public Relation skills. Apparently they are doing some of the same educational approaches as in the VAIL school district, but you would never know that because it is not on their website, and the administration does not communicate it very well. There are some excellent families at this school. I feel if the PTC focused more on academics and professional development for the teachers, this school could grow leaps and bounds.

Posted December 11, 2011
My kids have attended this school for the last 5 years. Although the administration changes often, the teachers are still there. They have really stuck together to continue to make this school awesome. It has a real sense of community. The kids don't seem to be hung up on cliches at all., everyone is accepted as they are.

Posted January 19, 2011
Great school with some AMAZING teachers! There is also a really great Parent Teacher Club PTC program with involved parents/teachers wo do A LOT for the school! I have 3 children at this school and HIGHLY reccomend it!

Posted June 12, 2010
I have had 3 children go through Continental from 1993-2008. During that time my perception of the teachers is that they are excellent. If a newly hired teacher comes on-board and is lacking in some areas, they either quickly rise to the levels of the others or they don't stay. The teachers have their fingers on the pulse of the kids, families, and community, and it is the teachers that make the school. During the time of my involvement with Continental, we'ev been through 5 administrators. The best were the youngest - they stayed to longest and worked to make the school wonderful. During the last 6 years, we've been through 3 administrators (2 years each) and they all have their foot on the retirement golf course and/or don't have the enthusiasm/energy to work with the staff to continue Continental's excellence. This summer we are again looking for a new administrator.

Continental Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2009
Continental School has grown from a small school to a larger school. I am happy that the new administration has the skills to handle increasing growth. While the State has not funded Arizona schools, this administration has set goals to keep kids first. Expectations of academic excellence and discipline are high. This school is a gem! I am glad our children go to this school.

Continental Elementary School 3

Posted December 02, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009
We recently moved from Oregon, and were wondering if our daughter would 'ever' enjoy going to school. After attending Continental for a year she has made leaps and bounds. Both of our daughters love going to school. The staff at Continental are wonderful. My only desire is that they don't grow to much, to fast.

Continental Elementary School
1991 E White House Canyon Rd, Green Valley, AZ  85614
Last modified Continental Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Continental Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top