Bad
Good

We have loved our two years at Gateway Pointe. Unfortunately, we are moving out of state, so we won't be back next year. The principal is great and the teachers are top-notch!

Gateway Pointe Elementary has teachers (for the most part) who are dedicated and involved. The school is a community school and hosts events in which the community is welcomed. We love the atmosphere and overall climate at Gateway Pointe!

The vice principal at the school is rude and condescending. The principal lets the VP run the school and the teachers are overall uninterested in their job. They do not communicate with the parents on anything that matters and there is no advanced placement or pspecials that are worth while. I do not recommend sending your children here. Poor education and will suspend over spilled milk as they don't want to over extend themselves into working at all.

My school is excellent with letting me know how my student is faring. This school has great teachers that help our children succeed.

My husband and I have moved around the US quite a bit for his work. I have two children that are currently in 6th grade at Gateway. In all their years of schooling and in the numerous schools they have been in they have always been successful, hardworking students. I'm not one of those parents that is here to tell you that my children are gifted and are not getting the attention they need. They are your everyday children that have strengths and weaknesses. They did A-B work consistently and were mathletes. Since being at Gateway they do D-F work. The teachers are content in letting them do so. They weigh their grades unfairly. 20% class work 80% test, If your child is not good at test taking, they don't stand a chance at this school. I have also found that the teachers FAIL to teach! My children come home with assignments and have not the first clue how to complete them. I found a charter school for my daughter and moved her over. In a matter of weeks, she is a straight A student! It saddens me that I dislike a school so badly that I can not wait for this academic year to be over so we can move on!

We love Gateway!!! I have three children that have attended this school. My oldest is now at Higely High. My younger two are in their third year at Gateway. My son as an IEP and he gets exception help and understanding with his disabilities. Mr. Hendricsen has been phenomenal, especially with helping me in personal and sensitive situations with my children over the last three years. . Lorriaine, the secretary, does not get enough credit for the job she does. Over all I am extremely happy with Gateway and Higley schools. I believe that parents should be involved more. I am disappointed in that such a large school has such a small PTO. It is the easiest and most fun way to get involved and let the kids know that beyond classes and homework..... that there is a whole world of excitement out there for everyone at Gateway!

Gateway does not have acceptable classroom instruction for kids with learning disabilities. If your child is boarder line, they recommend putting your child in a emotional behavior class. Some teachers do not care to have struggling students in their class.

This is one of the best schools I have been involved with and the community is outstanding. A+++++

Gateway is AWESOME i came to this school in the middle of 6th grade and i got alot of friends and the teachers were really nice! i went to that school up until the middle of 7th grade cause i moved. it is the best school ive been to and my brothers and I and my parents want us to go back. I LOVE GATEWAY! :)

This school is incredible! The teachers make sure each student succeeds. Parents who care about their kids progress will be happy to know Gateway wants success for each student. My kids have been attending for several years - from Kindi on up. We have received so much more from teachers than they were expected to do. This year, my daughter's 4th grade teacher set up personal tutoring for just my daughter after school in her classroom because she was struggling in math. My 2nd grader's teacher spends many after school hours coming up with extra help for those kids in class who aren't getting it. I love this school!!!

Last modified Gateway Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.