PK-8 & Ungraded
Higley, AZ

Posted September 07, 2012
My chilrdren really love this school. They have been here for five years and the changes have been truly amazing! The teachers are dedicated, the curriculum is challenging, and the administration is very willing to help. Parent involvement is encouraged and the PTO appreciates any and all help!

Posted December 01, 2011
We have only lived here 6 months but every interaction we have had with this school has been top notch! My 5th grader loves his teachers and has the best grades since kindergarten. Even when he needed to be disciplined we were involved right away. This is a great school in my book!

Posted August 11, 2011
Dedicated Leadership has allowed Higley Elementary to exceed anyones expectations. Higley is offering so many great programs to meet every childs' needs including the gifted programs, technology and extracurricular. We are glad to be here in Higley.

Posted June 09, 2010
Higley has improved drastically over the past couple of years. The new principal is very dedicated, and the teachers and staff are all kind and hardworking. The student population is diverse, and they all show excellent character. I've had 2 children enrolled there for the past 3 years, and they've never had a problem with bullying. They've also received great educations. Higley's test scores are improving every year, so the "Excelling" label is not out of reach. Having taught at schools in the Kyrene, Chandler, Gilbert, and Scottsdale districts. I can honestly say that HEMS is at least as good if not better than many of those others.

Posted June 25, 2009
I am a parent of a student in the Gilbert District and when my kids went to this school they got a much better education. I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side...

Higley Elementary School 0

Posted August 05, 2008
This school lacks in so many different areas it hard to know where to begin. I find that the teachers tend to yell at students and intimindate instead of teach. The staff are unorganized and uncaring. The classrooms are bland and boring-not a bright learning enviroment. My daughter has been there since kindergarten and I am desparately trying to get her to another school in the Gilbert district. Much better schools!

Higley Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2008
My children attended Higley Elementary from Kindergarten through the third grade. My daughter who is a bright student did well in each of her classrooms. My son, on the other hand, was tested as gifted in the first grade and all three years he became more and more frustrated and angry with the teachers and the school because he was not challenged. Higley School District has a gifted program (HATS) but does not exercise the program as they lead you to believe. My son is gifted in two of the areas tested and is borderline in the third. The principal said she would personally write his curriculum to satisfy his needs...her word had no follow through. His teacher did not want to teach him and his gifted teacher had very little time for him. I would not recommend this school to anyone with a gifted or excelling child.

Higley Elementary School 1

Posted July 02, 2008

Higley Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
After a very rocky start at HEMS with my daughter, I have to admit that this school has proven to me to be an exceptional place. The teachers are caring and more then willing to go the extra mile for students. In addition, the school nurse and counselor have been instrumental in helping as well.

Posted May 06, 2008
I have three kids in HEMS. This is our 2nd year there. I have mixed feelings about the school. There are definitely some great teachers there and some terrible teachers. It depends on who you get. I would like to see more parent/PTO involvement. I think it would make it a better place for the children. The school wide communication is lacking. And we have had two prinicples in two years and supposedly another one next year. On the positive side, my kids like school, are doing well and the curriculum is good. We are happy there.

Higley Elementary School
3391 E. Vest Ave., Higley, AZ  85236
Last modified Higley Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Higley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top