Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 13, 2015
I would like to thank my children for letting me know how much the school has changed this year. Getting rid of Mr Young was a BIG mistake. And I think most of the parents would agree.

Huachuca City School 2

Posted November 13, 2015
I have had complaints from my children that the teachers curse in the classroom and they they have even been call names like fag and other degrading names. When talking with the principal it is a losing battle trying to get him to believe the students. But yet the teachers can lie and get away with it. Now the teachers are wearing pins that say "WE ARE TAKING BACK SCHOOL" because some middle school students that are now in High School caused a lot of problems in previous years. I am all for the students following the rules but lets not accuse all the students for things in the past. Come into the school with a new principal no handbooks given out at the beginning of the school year with any information of what is going on. PLEASE let the parents know what is going on. BE FARE........

Huachuca City School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
This is the WORST School EVER! They had the buss driver teaching science last year... REALLY!?!?!

Huachuca City School 2

Posted December 06, 2011
Took my kids out because.they could not hear the teacher. The kids were loud, cussing and throwing spitwads with the teachers in the room. Sorry but this is not the learning enviroment I want my kids in.

Huachuca City School 5

Posted December 11, 2008
challenging teachers and curriculum. great small school!

Posted November 15, 2008
3 of my 4 children have been attending HCS since we moved here. They have all been doing well, and their teachers keep me abrest of everything. Since Tom Yarborough became Principal, the school has made some major changes, and the improvements are VERY encouraging. Many young, new, and enthusiastic teachers have been brought in, and they have now added back a wonderful Music program and P.E. program. It is a school that has so much potential, and needs the community support! It's getting better every year!

Posted August 29, 2007
Yes, there has been a positive change with the staff, and curriculum at our school and new PTA programs have been added to include more parent involvement. Give us a chance to correct past issues. It does take time, and parent involvement can help us to achieve those corrections more quickly. My son has been going here for almost 2 years, and my nephews went her as well.

Posted August 29, 2007
I have 3 children attending HCS, 2 in elementary and 1 in middle school. After coming from a private school background, my children were 'ahead' of the cirriculum offered last year and did very well. However, my 8th grader coasted and was not challenged, not even barely. Because of the implentation of the new academy, my student now has homework every night and has challenging classes. The teachers are great and are interested in preparing the kids for high school. Tom Yarborough, the principal, is a huge asset to this school. There is no doubt that without him and the new academy, my kids would be attending a different school this year. Adding PE back to the cirriculum was definitely needed and a huge plus.

Posted August 28, 2007
When reading the posts here, please note their age. Since the last post from June 2006, HCS has had many significant positive changes. We have changed administration (principal and district superintendent) and hired young, enthusiastic teachers. We have also developed a 7th/8th grade academy based on sound research practices. PE has been returned to HCS and we are looking at creative ways to reintroduce music and art. For extracurricular activities, HCS has most of the sports that other schools do, except football. Wrestling, cross country, and softball have been added to the sports available to middle grade students. To Sheryl Boggs who was upset with the former PTA-we have had a 100% turnover of personnel and gladly welcome new members and ideas. The number one indicator of student success is parent involvement. If you have been discouraged by HCS's struggles in the past, please reconsider, in light of our recent positive changes.

Posted June 10, 2006

100 School Drive, Huachuca City, AZ  85616
Last modified Huachuca City School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.