Kingman, AZ

Posted April 04, 2014
This is my sons school and they just had a lockdown. He said that the took care of him and acted like a professional and helped him a lot I think It a good school

Hualapai Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2014
My daughter loves this school. Her teacher is great! Some of the things she's learning I don't remember doing in kindergarten myself haha. So I know she's getting a proper education. If I have any questions, the teacher gets back to me right alway.I'm very proud of this school and I have not had one problem since my daughter started in August. All of the parents I've met so far are so nice and I've actually made a few friends standing outside waiting for school to be dismissed.

Hualapai Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2011
We moved to Kingman at the end of Oct. and pulled them out of the school at the end of Jan. My first grader had 3 teachers in that period of time. The classroom management was ridiculous--ex., no one in her class was ever allowed to use the bathroom without losing 10 min of their only recess, and the teacher lost my daughter on campus on her first day. The parent-teacher communication was severely lacking. My 2nd grader was having some fairly serious problems in the classroom and her teacher never mentioned it to me, even though I spoke to her daily when picking my daughter up (my daughter told me what was going on). I was discouraged from volunteering in the classroom, and the principal completely blew me off when I brought up my concerns. On top of this, the level of curriculum being taught is extremely far below what was being taught at our former school (also in AZ). This school made my children HATE school. We are homeschooling now for a lack of a better alternative. In my opinion, this school is a serious waste of tax dollars.

Posted October 19, 2010
Really good school- excellent staff. Any concern that I have had has been immediately addressed by the front office. My children love going to school there.

Hualapai Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2009
As you can see the reviews here are quite outdated. Thanks to AZ for huge education cutbacks!! The classrooms are far overcrowded, the curriculum is not challenging in the slightest. My children have attended this school for nearly a year and as a result, I have seen a lack of interest in learning and a decline in their abilities. I cannot imagine anyone being pleased with this school. If you have ever had your children in another school outside of AZ, or a school that had adequate staff and a proven successful curriculum, you would immediately realize the failures of Hualapai. If only Kingman had a private school alternative that was not religious based, my children would be there instead, no matter the cost.

Hualapai Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2007
My sons kindergarten teacher is great she has improved all of skilss more than I could imagine. He has learned so much from his Kindergarten year. The pride she takes in all her students amazes me.

Posted July 18, 2005
I moved up here from Phoenix in late 2000 and went into a major culture shock. This school is awesome. We stayed here until 2003 then moved back to Phoenix. My middle daughter started kindergarten down there and we decided to move back to Kingman in April of 2004. My kindergartener learned more in 6wks up here at this school then she did the whole school year in Phoenix. My youngest is going to start kindergarten this next school year and I am very pleased to know she is going to get a jumpstart on her education by going to this school. We love this school!

Posted February 19, 2005
My child is in kindergarten this year and I will say that I have been very impressed with the quality of the teachers. They are very committed to making sure that the students are ready for continuing their education. By starting with the rules and procedures they are expected to follow and by promoting independence in even the most timid of students. The school is on a four day rotation of 'specials' these include P.E., music, library, and computer lab. Which allows the children a chance to learn out side of the standard class room. There are also alot of feild trips at least for the kindergarten classes. It is the middle of febuary and already 4 feild trips 2 of which included more than one destination. Overall we love the school and look forward to our child spending the rest of his elementary school days there.

Posted August 04, 2004
I would Like to take the moment to Welcome Principal Scott Rhoades to Hualapai. My son has atteneded Hualapai School now for two years now going on the third year and it's been wonderful past two years looking forward to his third year attending. The teachers and school staffs have been very wonderfull, kind and helpfull. It was great knowing Miss. Fuss & Mr. Mueler good luck on your new job locations best of wishes too you both.

Posted June 04, 2004
My son just finished Kindergarten. His Teacher really improved his skills. Not only they (the kid's) meet the curiculum but rather extended the requirements. It gives me confident for the first Grade. Also during the year, they had a couple of field trips to interesting places what certain expanded the mind of the kids. Also not to forget is the close contact between Parents and Teacher as well to the Principal. Though this close relationship it helped us to target our kid skill where it needs improvement. This school also proves that the kid's come first. It is well organized, secure and my kid really enjoys to go there.

Hualapai Elementary School
350 Eastern Street, Kingman, AZ  86401
(928) 753-1919
Last modified Hualapai Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hualapai Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top