6-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Kingman, AZ

Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School 1

Posted April 18, 2012
My daughter has attended KAOL since kindergarten, and we have always been extremely happy, however the middle school has been a great disappointment. Volunteer hours have been difficult to attain because the teachers do not welcome parents into the classroom. The curriculum "teaches to the test" to an extreme extent. The communication from the school has been terrible. The teachers have used "educational movies" including Disney movies to instruct much more often than I appreciate. Perfect attendance is of course encouraged, but as a parent I feel that if the educators are not using their teaching time to instruct - i.e. activities rather than videos, I should have the option to take my child for some hands-on learning during that time period without it affecting her attendance rewards. All in all, unhappy with the middle school and looking into other options for next year.

Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School 1

Posted October 08, 2010
Mandatory Spanish language instruction. I pulled my son out and sent him to White Cliffs he's much happier and his grades improved. Liberal bent to all instruction at this school.

Posted August 24, 2009
I have 2 daughters in the primary school and a son in the high school and I LOVE it. These schools are by far the most attentive and concerned about the exceleration of their students.

Posted September 18, 2008
I love the environment here. I realize the kids still have 'pre-teen' and 'teen' attitudes, but it's just not as in your face. They still seem to have some respect for others.

Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School 4

Posted September 15, 2008

Posted November 26, 2005

Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School
3269 Harrison Street, Kingman, AZ  86409
Last modified Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingman Academy of Learning - Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top