Bad
Good

The "School Resource" officer but he wearing a KPD Uniform was talking to my underage child & I was not informed or told any thing about this. I was actually informed by my daughter while she was in his office crying her eyes out. And his attitude quickly changed as I walked into the room. Highly upset about this!!!!!

KMS seems to be a great school! They have transitioned from the Cambridge program to a STEM program, which I am grateful for. STEM is definitely the way to go. Abandoning the outdated and "rigorous" Cambridge program and implementing a more relevant program like STEM is much more beneficial for my children's futures. My kids have just started as new students this year, we have moved from out of state, and they are very comfortable with the environment. Keep up the good work Kingman Middle School.

This school is great! The administration is strict and consistent enforcing school rules and safety issues, and the teachers have definite control of what is happening in their classrooms. Scores always seem to be low, but we live in a very poor community, I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the students and their families, not the teachers. My son is in 7th grade now. He is in regular classes, not the Cambridge section of the school, but his teachers push him and communicate effectively with us at home. We moved into this schools boundary line from the other middle school, White Cliffs, after my two other daughters who are now in high school repeatedly came home upset over subs teaching and chaos in their hallways and lunch room. My wife and I are MUCH happier with the academics and behavior expectations at KMS.

We have been dealing with Black Mountain Elementary, Black Mountain Junior High, Kingman Middle School and the Kingman High School, oh and the bus system. There is absolutely nothing good to say! You also need to know what extra curriculum class your High School-ers may be attending, some of these class's may not suit your approval(they sure did not ours, as others we know)... Just skip the Kingman area all together, sure wish we would have!

My son had a very bad experience at this school,teachers have little control, alot of bullying,staff does nothing about this, they say they will stop it, but they really don't.Changing from class to class is a horror, lack of supervision in the halls and outside on the grounds. Please do not come here and put your child in this school, you will regret it........

KMS has some of the greatest people I know as staff working hard for the kids.

The schools needs alot of attention in many areas. Most of the teachers have alot of personal issues that carry into the classroom. Academically the students are far behind compared to other states. A concern for college readiness. There is not enough extra curricular activites for the students. If you are looking to move to Kingman and want a good education for your child/children don't stop here. Good luck getting your child into the Kingman Academy Charter School, a waiting list years long. (unless you have a special needs child). Many families move here and then move away due to the lack of education.

i love this school but a lot of drama

Last modified Kingman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.