Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We moved to this area 2 years ago and in those 2 years they have lost my child 4 times by putting her on the incorrect bus route. I provide a detailed schedule in calendar form that has the bus route # and stop for each day, yet they've still managed to put her on the wrong bus. In addition, the teacher my daughter currently has, has poor communication skills and has not outlined expectations regarding grading. I was shocked to receive her report card and find a C when she has always made straight A's. My daughter explained that if she doesn't have enough time to finish a worksheet it negatively affects her grade?! Still waiting to hear back on the email I desperately sent wanting an explanation. Out of all the schools in this city, this school is the best one academically but that's not saying much. We never had these problems in any of he schools from our old city. Counting down the days we can move back!

Amount of homework: Disagree

No worksheets are sent home. There is simply a paper that says what they are working on in the classroom (i.e.: multiplication, spelling)

Students are pushed to do their best. They are held to a higher standard than any others school in this town. Having said this, I am starting to see problems with the school district itself. It might be all of the Common Core requirements coming down from the State and Federal level, but the students are beginning to spend more time testing than learning. If this keeps up, I know of more than a few teachers that will look toward another profession. I may even have to look into online school. Let the teachers teach!

both my boys are in this school. great staff very friendly.they take education to the next level. 5 stars for sure

I was very concerned when moving to this area because several of the elementary schools did not test well. This school was one of the higher testers. I found the office staff nice. The teachers are very good. I know that they worked extensively on testing curriculum and were diligent about getting the students ready. The school is very nice. They have a great playground which I believe is separated for age appropriateness. The campus is very secure and they have recently installed security doors at the office. They also so a agricultural thing where the students learn about growing flowers and veggies. My daughter especially loved this as well as the dog - tinkerbell - that came in to read with students. She has never had a bad experience with another student which we have had at other schools.

'I have two children currently attending this school. It is a warm and caring community with wonderful parents and wonderful teachers. The quality of the instruction has been great and my kids have been challenged and pushed to do their best consistently. Parent groups like the PTA and Dad's Club do an amazing job of fundraising and building a sense of community. In addition, the school is a community where kindness and respect do not take a back seat to the curriculum. It is a wonderful place for my children to spend their days and I am pleased to be part of such a great community.'

My older children attended Manzanita, Was an excellent school then. years later my youngest child is attending and it still is an excellent school.

What a great school! The principal is very involved and a great administrator. The teachers work together as a team and there is good parent involvment. We have 2 years left in this school and I'm going to miss it!

Last modified Manzanita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.