9-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Kingman, AZ

Posted July 17, 2014
When it comes to academics this school is far and beyond the other two high schools.

Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
Sports program is good for the school size, however; my student moved to the local Public High School for a state competitive program and hopefully a better shot at scholarships. Crime rate is lower at this school if you don't take into consideration the drugs, which police tell me is a bigger problem at KAHS. Having said this, this campus is far from secure and the public park less than 30 yards away proves to be a problem. Students even use this unsecured area as a gym. Because of the nature of Arizona Law, the students can easily be kicked from the program, leaving only the top students left. Despite this, they continue to have problems. Also due to the Charter status, many employees do not have the required teachers credentials that a public school is required to have. The school district has started using the Cambridge program and is providing an alternative to the Academy program, but only time will tell. I am still not sure I like what is going on in the district. My youngest takes 2-3 tracking tests every week. At lease 2 hours of instruction is lost. Now that I think of it, I don't think I would give any school in this town higher than a 3 star.

Posted December 04, 2009
I graduated in 2007 and was prepared for my future completely. I'm a licensed Cosmetologist in Arizona and Florida. The teachers at Kingman Academy High school will always be role models to me, they helped me every step of the way into a successful future.

Posted October 04, 2009
I graduated in 2008 from this school and can tell you that I was completely prepared for college and was to no disadvantage. I was an AP student and participated in many of the activities the school had to offer both in sports and academics. The teachers are all very supportive and friendly and genuinely want to help students. Attending this small school allowed me know most of the people in my graduating class and in the school in general. The only drawback I can think of is that the science department could use some development- creating AP science classes and building labs to work in. Overall though, I will always carry my 'Tiger Pride' wherever I go.

Posted October 03, 2009
KAHS is a student oriented school. Wonderful and caring teachers. Students are very proud and quite excellent students.

Posted May 26, 2008
I've attended KAOL since seventh grade. I have never been more proud to say that I am a KAHS Tiger than ever before. I love this school. The teachers are great, the faculty is good, my other classmates were awesome and my favorite.... the school spirit is amazing. I am leaving for Minnesota in a week, and even though I'm a sophomore and will be at another school... my school pride will always stay with KAHS. I'll miss you guys. :(

Posted April 26, 2008

Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School 3

Posted March 24, 2008
The Kingman Academy is a really good school over all and is teaching me the nessesary things to know.The environment is great and the people that go there couldn't be any better exept some of the teachers. I respect that the teachers do what they need to do and as a student that means alot, even though at times it may not seem that way but it seems some of the time the teachers tend to pick on some of the kids and if a child gets their parent involved it seems thats when the teachers want to help the student and they put on an act infront of the parent to not make it seem the way the child says,and yet the teacher says they will help, but the next day things don't have change.

Posted April 25, 2007
This high school is one of the best in the state. The academic program is challenging and at AP level in just about all classes. Students have a safe environment to learn in, and the majority of the kids respect this environment and strive hard to maintain it. Teachers are caring, compassionate, and enjoy teaching. The school test scores reflect this dedication. The leadership (principal and staff) do not believe in titles - they all pitch in as a team to do whatever is necessary for the kids, (mopping floors, trash pickup, etc.). Athletics have now become stronger and more available, which has added to the kids' pride in their school and their passion to ensure that this high school remains one of the best in the state.

Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School 1

Posted April 24, 2007

Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School
3420 Burbank Ave., Kingman, AZ  86409
Last modified Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingman Academy Of Learning - High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top