Lake Havasu City, AZ

Posted September 14, 2014
My children go to this school and I think it is very underrated. They were there as well during the 2013-2014 school year and I had no problem with the homework. I have a 2nd grader and a 6th grader and their homework was adequate for their grade levels. During the 2013-2014 school year this school received an A from the state based on their academics. They placed 2nd in the district and the 5th grade math class got the highest math scores in the district. I don't think that is bad education. I'm a very involved parent and know the ins and outs of this school and several others in town, I think they are doing a great job! We LOVE our school!

Havasupai Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2014
These two reviews are the same two that have been here for the last two years. We were here from 2013-14 caring for an ill parent, and I agree that this school is not properly rated. It is very overrated!! Not underrated like the previous two reveiws. Do not enroll your child in this school, if you want them prepared for the future. Hindsight is 20/20! Parents you must research extensively prior to enrolling...just don't take my word for it or reveiws for that matter. We're shocked at the vast difference in the quality of education. For example, homework is 1 page a day at most. My child is unchallenged and bored.They do not push for excellence; however,we do. The state of Arizona is in the top 10 worse schools on national school ratings list. There is no improving this school for me..see for yourself. Research! This year was an eye opener for us. A school rating of 6 is a 6 for a reason. Parent to parent heed my words. I have nothing to loose. Arizonans "you can't see the forest for the trees". Coming in out of state "it's crystal clear"! Thank God all was well mid-year, so I was able to home school in conjunction! Research, then research some more. I can't stress this enough!!!

Posted July 28, 2012
I agree that this school is very underrated. It is true that there are many ELL students, many students in the low SES range, and large class sizes. These factors are challenging and can contribute to lower overall test outcomes. In my experience, the principal, teachers, and staff are very kind and open to parent involvement. Teachers are able to utilize modern technology in the classroom and provide students with an overall positive learning experience. My children have attended Havasupai from kindergarten through 6th grade and have consistently performed in the exceeds range on their AIMS tests. With very few exceptions, my children and I have liked and appreciated all their teachers. A few years ago, the school implemented a program for the 5th and 6th graders that better prepares them for middle school by having them rotate to different teachers for each subject. It gives students greater responsibility and control over their education. Additionally, it allows higher level students to be challenged more, while lower performing students were provided with needed help. Overall, Havasupai is absolutely a wonderful school.

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted October 23, 2008
This school is very under rated. My children and I have had a very positive experience. I have found the teachers and the staff to be caring, fair and involved.

Havasupai Elementary School
880 Cashmere Dr, Lake Havasu City, AZ  86404
Last modified Havasupai Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Havasupai Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top