Lake Havasu City, AZ

Jamaica Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2014
The teachers here are doing a wonderful job with the extremely limited resources they have. Jamaica Elementary received an "A" from the state of Arizona this year (2014). My 5th grader loves the school except for the very crowded class rooms. I can only wish that the student to teacher ratio was 18:1 as this site suggests. The sad truth is that there are 33 students in my child's class. All classes are carrying a student load in excess of 30. My hat is off to the dedicated teachers who continue to provide quality education in spite no raises and having a billion dollars cut from public education by short sighted politicians.

Posted August 21, 2014
I loved this school. Have been there since kindergarten and I am now in the ninth grade and now my siblings are there. The best teachers and great curriculum. This school has received the Blue Ribbon award and the "A+" twice now. Beatiful school!

Jamaica Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2014
A learning prison. Individuality is shunted at every opportunity. Go to a award assembly, and you will see children told that they can not celebrate the achievements of their piers. The only action allowed is to clap when told to do so. My daughter moved here from a school with half day kindergarten , and lower scores on this site. She spent the first semester going over what was learned the previous year. All students are given a packet at the beginning of the year and told you have to purchase about $50 worth of classroom supplies and school shirts. There is also no school busses so be prepared to spend an extra hour dropping off and picking up your kids, along with every other parent in the school. The teachers we have met with were friendly and helpful but the office staff is difficult to deal with and rude when questioned about anything

Posted October 28, 2013
My oldest son is in second grade this year and has been going to Jamaica since first grade. It is an absolutely wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated to individual student success and the principal runs the school wonderfully. I can't wait for the 2014-2015 school year since my youngest will be starting kindergarten at Jamaica. If you are an active parent then staying in contact with the teachers on a regular basis will deffinately help your child improve. I have never been denied time to speak with the teachers. They listen to what I have to say and value my input on what will help my child to improve. Top notch school for sure!!!

Posted July 23, 2010
Jamaica is an excellent school. My daughter has gone here since kindergardena and she has loved every year. I also have been extremeley happy with the fact that each and every teacher is amazing and treats each studen as if they were their own.

Posted October 16, 2009
This is an excellent school. Wonderful staff, teachers, and principal. I could not have been more pleased with a school. The drop off/pick up is the only problem. Overall, could not have been happier.

Jamaica Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2009
I agree 110% about the drop off/pick up situation. My son is now in 1st grade, and last year I wondered daily why they don't only allow Kindergarten drop offs in the front, and so on. We're incredibly happy with the school and I feel my son is safe when I drive away.

Jamaica Elementary School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
I think that all the staff at Jamaica are very helpful. You can go into to the school at anytime and speak with the staff. It is nice to help them if they need help. We are always at this school and we think this is the best school in this town. Unlike the high school

Jamaica Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2008
I agree 120% about Mrs. Gordier! She is a Godsend. My daughter was lucky enough to get her for her Kindegarden teacher. Mrs. Gordier set the 'Scale' I'am an active parent. School comes first. There are some ideas I have that would make the 'picking up and dropping off situation so much better.......Why can't the kindegarden parents drop off in the front of the school, the second and third graders in the middle of the school and the 4th and 5th graders in the back of the school and then drive around? My daughter started 1st grade the year Jamaica opened,move from starline. Everything seemed to move soothe then, I understand the school has grown but this just makes sense! It 'Drives' me Crazy to pick up my child from school! Tracy does an excelllent job directing traffic, but it's time for a change!

Posted November 20, 2005
Exceptional school! The core curriculum is challenging and meets students'individual needs. A lot of parent-teacher interaction and communication. They get results! my son loves it there. It is interesting and fun. Crocks rock!

Jamaica Elementary School
3437 Jamaica Blvd. So., Lake Havasu City, AZ  86406
Last modified Jamaica Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jamaica Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top