Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

This is the first time I have a situation where school staff promised me help in the education my children, but instead they crossed out the future of my children. It happened in Jamaica Elementary School. My children went to Jamaica Elementary School kindergarten a year ago and a year class teacher told to us about my children are very poor in the knowledge (instead of helping them to improve). We asked the help of the principal, she promised to change the situation for better and to give the best special education for my kids. But principal passed to the teacher side and covered her mistakes. Instead of the special education the Jamaica Elementary School left our children in kindergarten for another year at the request of embittered teacher. This year they had to go to First Grade. My children are forced again to undergo the same training, instead of helping them my children simply ignored. We made a big mistake by giving the children in Jamaica Elementary School. In another school they will already to go in First Grade. It is the worst situation in my life and my dream is to change the school for my kids. Do not expect the Jamaica Elementary School will help for your children, especially if you are different nationality than they are.

Develops character: Disagree

This school is going through a lot of changes, 2 principles in 2 years. Some really good teachers left due to its lack of direction. With that being said, I feel the staff is cold. The 5/6 grade teachers are mean. They love to yell at the children. I think they get a high off of yelling at the students instead of talking to them as people. It's unfortunate because the school is beautiful and rated an A+ school but that reward was years ago. They are also hiring first year teachers which will take some time for them to get adjusted to the district and school policy along with teaching. It will show a lack in test scores. Nothing wrong with first year teachers it just brings more challenges to the school as a whole.

Develops character: Disagree

its not consistent at all from student to student. Depends on the parent and relationship in the community.

I love this schoolit is a great place for kids to learn and most everyone is easy to talk to and very helpful

The teachers here are doing a wonderful job with the extremely limited resources they have. Jamaica Elementary received an "A" from the state of Arizona this year (2014). My 5th grader loves the school except for the very crowded class rooms. I can only wish that the student to teacher ratio was 18:1 as this site suggests. The sad truth is that there are 33 students in my child's class. All classes are carrying a student load in excess of 30. My hat is off to the dedicated teachers who continue to provide quality education in spite no raises and having a billion dollars cut from public education by short sighted politicians.

I loved this school. Have been there since kindergarten and I am now in the ninth grade and now my siblings are there. The best teachers and great curriculum. This school has received the Blue Ribbon award and the "A+" twice now. Beatiful school!

A learning prison. Individuality is shunted at every opportunity. Go to a award assembly, and you will see children told that they can not celebrate the achievements of their piers. The only action allowed is to clap when told to do so. My daughter moved here from a school with half day kindergarten , and lower scores on this site. She spent the first semester going over what was learned the previous year. All students are given a packet at the beginning of the year and told you have to purchase about $50 worth of classroom supplies and school shirts. There is also no school busses so be prepared to spend an extra hour dropping off and picking up your kids, along with every other parent in the school. The teachers we have met with were friendly and helpful but the office staff is difficult to deal with and rude when questioned about anything

My son went to Jamaica K-6 and my daughter has gone there 3-6...The teachers are terrific and are to thank for my children success... We love Jamaica!!!

My oldest son is in second grade this year and has been going to Jamaica since first grade. It is an absolutely wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated to individual student success and the principal runs the school wonderfully. I can't wait for the 2014-2015 school year since my youngest will be starting kindergarten at Jamaica. If you are an active parent then staying in contact with the teachers on a regular basis will deffinately help your child improve. I have never been denied time to speak with the teachers. They listen to what I have to say and value my input on what will help my child to improve. Top notch school for sure!!!

Last modified Jamaica Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.