Bad
Good

Attempting to transition my daughter to high school from junior high, after multiple attempt to call & email per school requests on registration paperwork sent home..........no response. I called and finally got through to the book store only to be greeted by the rudest most unprofessional woman I have ever spoken to. What a great representative for welcoming new parents and students. We'll be enrolling elsewhere my daughter deserves a better education and kinder more professional staff.

I have two sons who attend LHHS, and I attended there myself back in the late 80's. The school has changed drastically since I attended. Uniform shirts for High School age Teens? I think that is ridiculous myself. Not allowed to Wear a personal Jacket regardless of the weather outside. OK I get it they don't want girls wearing inappropriate tops. Have any of you walked the campus. Boys with there underwear showing, wearing their pants down to there knee's, Girls wearing skirts so short they look like they should be walking the Vegas Strip! Teachers Try hard, however there is NO Control. Too many Students per teacher. Lack on Consistency within the ranks of the Admin! One day of ISS for a cell phone or MP3 player violation? That is a bit extreme in my personal opinion~! I personally think it is time for Change. Rid the School Uniform shirts/jackets, Change up some rules, Smaller classrooms, More attention to the students and STOP worrying over the small Stuff! Allow the students a little individuality themselves. Be more active within the community, and Get some Admin staff in there that TRULY Care! I can only think of two!

Honestly, the school isn't so horrible. The teachers are generally very helpful, and as long as you can stay within the guidelines, which are mostly reasonable, though the jackets and cell phone rules could be a bit more lenient. The main problem is if anything gets complicated ABOVE the teachers- tardies, registrations and such can be a huge hassle and those staff who do not directly interact with the students just don't seem to care. Overall, good school, just as long as you plan on keeping your head down.

It is clear that some of the previous raters have children who do not care to conform to society's norms. Don't like it here? I suggest California. You will fit in there, AND it is rare to fail there, with at least a "D" virtually guaranteed. I know; I was a teacher there.

Lake Havasu High School is one of the best schools I've been to. People mind to themselves, the teachers challenge you and has a wide variety or opportunity while being well organized. The school lunch is pretty great considering they give you ACTUAL food instead of the packaged food that comes off the usual school food company trucks. Anyways, LHHS is a great place to send your child if you want an ACTUAL education.

As a teacher, I enjoy working here with a staff that works closely together and supports each other. The administration works hard and supports us every step of the way. Plus, our state test scores have been on the rise! I hope in the future we can add even more programs and reduce the class sizes in general. If/when class sizes drop, I look forward to working more individually with my students to prepare them for college and a career.

My kiddo had his first day of school here and I already hate it. No organization. So many different responses to one question and none were right. No busing. (only middle school if you are a mile away) (well mile away per the circle radius from the school) We live within the mile radius but driving it is over mile and half. But, they didn't care. We got on free lunch but neither of my kiddo's could not eat lunch to many kids and not enough time. You have to have brown paper bag book covers on your books or you are fined. Your first tardy you get 1/2 hour detention. So very disappointed and ready to find a private school. going to look for one now that is why I am on here. As others said t shirt for uniform, lots of daisy duke shorts and skirts. Other issues.

I do not enjoy school here. To many rules, for which, if you break any you recieve a 2-6 hour detention. If not served the total hours double! Ipods and Cellphones are banned also resulting in the many hour detention. Uniforms must be purchased and worn at all times or you will be given a 2-6 hour detention! Uniform jackets must also be purchased we are not allowed to wear our own jackets!

Lake Havasu High School is an excellent school! They have so many clubs, activities, classes and athletics! I never am bored here(that's very rare). You'll like the school too.

As a RTP student, my son excelled for the first time in his life! His interest was held by every teacher. His home/class work improved. What a great opportunity! This district (and school) is managed way beyond CA schools. Too bad the teacher retention rate stinks; this must be the School Board's indifference to proper funding. Salaries are about 60% what CA offers, yet the teaching is fantastic. What is wrong with upper mangement?

Last modified Lake Havasu High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.