Bad
Good

This is a no child left behind school, meaning that they teach from the bottom up. If your kid is smart then you will have to do work at home to stay ahead of good school. The work they give is below average to an average student. The administration and faculty is 98 percent women and it is like a girls club there. One of those it takes a village type of schools. If you are a male be ready for some rude treatment. The Principal will not want to hear your side of anything. Current Parent looking for another school

This is a fantastic school! My son is now in middle school but, he went there for most of his K-6 years of schooling, but along the way had to try out some other options and we definitely know this is a stand out school in the area. My daughter also started at Smoketree and is now in first grade. I have always had the most dedicated teachers there and really admire the principal and the way she runs her school! If there was one thing they were to work on I would say the classrooms could be a little more welcoming to the parents and let us be a little more involved, but I do understand it is somewhat a preference of the teacher. Overall a wonderful school!

I am currently an employee at Smoketree Elementary School. Over the years I have seen staff members grow professionally and collaborate with a focus on making improvements for what is best for students. We are on a path to provide collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity skills for our students, so they are prepared with 21st century skills and a global economy. Our goal is to partner with our parents to make this a reality!

As a former teacher who taught at Smoketree, I have to disagree with your critique of the principal. Connie Hogard's priorities are the children, the parents, and last the teachers. That alone should indicate that she puts more value in appeasing the parents of her students than being a ally to her teachers.

Worst School I have ever seen. Pulled our child out the first 10 minutes this morning. The staff could care less about a child's education. absolutely disorganized and pathetic. Even the receptionist was snide and unhelpful Seriously thinking about leaving LHC altogether, If you have young children, move to Lake Havasu City at your own risk.

Excellent! a special thanks to Mrs. Nelson, Mrs. Mahan, Mr. Skates, Mr. Erdman and, especially to Mrs. Hogard for everything that they have done for us

Last modified Smoketree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.