Lake Havasu City, AZ

Posted May 08, 2014
I am a Student here and This school is horrible. I moved here from the east coast and I was excited for a new school and new things and I wasn't impressed at all. Kids get away with whatever they want like Bullying, Drugs, PDA, etc. The students are very VERY racist and rude but not all. My advice is to not come to this school. My best choice for your kid is Telesis or The Academy. The teachers are unfair here with grades and everything. My friends get bullied and I stick up for them and I get in trouble! This school is a joke and they could do much better.

Posted June 19, 2013
This school isnt all that it is cracked up to be. The education sucks. I like some of the teachers but the way they teach is not helpful. Second, they have no clue how to comtrol kods. I mean I don't mind, but when they make all these stupid policies you'd think they'd try to enforce them. Wrong. Fights happen, Pda, and even drugs and do they stop. No. Come on Thunderbolt staff. I'd like to leave on a good note though. One thing thunderbolt is excellent at in my opinion is their sports program I was on their 7th grade boys basketball team and track team. I thoughts these programs and coaches were excellent. I compliment you on that. B hall-7th grade-boy

Posted May 06, 2012
A 9 out of 10 really? That's a laugh this school is the worst I've ever been to. More like a 2 out of 10 maybe.

Posted March 25, 2012
Arizona has the worst public schools in the United States and Thunderbolt isn't an exception. Overall this school is just terrible. Academics are terrible, learning environment is terrible, there's no consequences for students misbehaving, controlled by cliques, overcrowded, this is one of the worst environments to send a child to school in. Okay where to start. Teachers: To be honest teachers here aren't bad but they don't make learning very interesting. Academics: Terrible in every sense of the word. They are learning things here other states have learned 2-3 years ago (sometimes more). Tests are a breeze for kids who have moved into the district from out of state. Cliques: Many of them. Many kids don't know half of their grade because they stay inside their group trying not to talk to "outsiders". No consequences: You can get away with anything in this school. Curse all you want, fight in between periods, disrespect your teachers, there's no punishment. Overcrowded: There are classes that have 35 students in them! This town needs two middle schools but due to AZ's budget cuts on education they had to shut down Daytona. My tip: Don't move to Arizona W/ kids.

Posted February 03, 2012
This is the worst public school my daughter has attended. They are rude, uncaring, and the principle is terrible. My daughter is a straight A student. The academic part of it is ok, but everything else is just awful.

Thunderbolt Middle School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
My son was an honor roll student until he got to Thunderbolt & it all went downhill. The policies make it difficult to be all you can be there. Some teachers are allowed to have their own grading scale, where you get an F for no date on the paper. Some teachers dock a full letter grade for stuff like that. Others like to rip up papers if they are mad at the student, others throw them away for no name. My son is constantly assulted by other students in the hallway, yet no one seems to do anything about it. Can't wait til my son is out of there. We don't have a choice in schools due to budget cuts and they closed the other Middle School in town. My son is constantly bored & teachers don't know how to handle that well.

Thunderbolt Middle School 5

Posted April 16, 2010
Thunderbolt is excelling and is academically challenging for my son Thomas. Thomas loves his school and continues to perform above average with the wonderful instruction and mentoring he receives from the administration, staff and educators. Thunderbolt deserves to win because it is a winner! Laurie Monson Anderson

Thunderbolt Middle School 5

Posted April 14, 2009

Posted February 22, 2009

Thunderbolt Middle School 2

Posted October 08, 2008
My son attends Thunderbolt and was an honor roll student all through Elementry. His 6th grade year was tough at Thunderbolt but he still managed to be on honor roll. This 7th grade year he is struggling to stay an average student, because of a school policy that lacks flexability. The policy states that missed work due to absence can not be picked up unless the student is going to be gone for 3 days or more. This is rediculous...it puts the student in a bad situation and sets them up for failure. Students can't keep up with the class and their assignments if they can't collect their missed work while out sick! Unfortunately, 1 assignment NTI on time can make a student go from a A to a D. On many occations the teachers lose the assignment and blame it on the student. It happens....trust me!

Thunderbolt Middle School
695 Thunderbolt Avenue, Lake Havasu City, AZ  86406
Last modified Thunderbolt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thunderbolt Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top