PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Being a Christian school teachers and staff have the freedoms to instill biblical truths. Through classroom bible study and weekly character education students are taught and are expected to be honest, fair and and to work hard towards all goals.

When we moved here from out of state I was concerned about Arizona's reputation for poor schools. When we found CCA I was skeptical at first. I was never a fan of private schools. After 3 years of attending CCA I'm sold! The quality of the education exceeds what we were used to. The curriculum is a year ahead in most subject areas. The classes are small and the teachers are very in tune to each individual student. Another perk of CCA is they receive art, PE, character education, and computers every week all year long. We are so grateful to have such an excellent school in our small town.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The school is currently going through an intense accreditation process and every teacher is expected to streamline their curriculum and focus on the scope and sequence. Plus, rather than my child being measured against Orher students in Arizona their test scores are measured across the whole nation.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a recommended amount of homework noted by the administration and the teachers abide by it.

My Children have been attending CCA for 5 yrs. I feel that over the years the school has continued to grow and improve. The leadership and staff have changed but has only contirbuted to it's exceeding excellence. Academically they challange the student and they are above average on their testing scores. The smaller class size allows the teachers to give individual attention to the students that need it.

CCA used to be the premier school in LHC, unfortunatly, this past year the school has taken a turn for the worse. Our children attended CCA since pre-school and we used to love it. The lack of comunication and favorite teachers leaving the school has left it just an ordinary school. We feel the district has more to offer us as well.

We have had nothing but positive experiences at Calvary! Both of my children have attended since pre-school. I love the family oriented activities and the atmosphere of community that my children feel while there. Because of the well balanced curriculum, both of my children score above grade level on their standardized tests. I highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a quality and loving education for their child!

We love cca! The staff and leadership are number one. They care about each and every child. All the staff at cca are friendly and you can tell they love their jobs (calling). My two children have loved every one of their teachers and they have students in their class that have the same morals and values that we teach at home.

Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8