Public charter
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 15, 2014
My family has been with HPA since it's opening date. We have four children ranging from kindergarten through 8th grade attending this awesome school. My childrens grades, focus, and overall confidence and love of school is reflected by the education they are getting at HPA. We highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great environment, with great teachers, staff, and parent support.

Posted August 09, 2014
Great news HPA is an A school according to the state. The other K-8 school in town has earned a C this year. Way to go HPA!

Posted August 07, 2014
For the 2013-14 School Year, Havasu Prepatory Academy finished with the highest letter grade in Lake Havasu City and Mohave County for grade K-8 with a Letter Grade of A and composite score of 154. FACT: There is no better school for grades K-8 in this little city. Do your homework by visiting Arizona Department of Education. The next middle school for grades 7-8 in the city of Lake Havasu City has a letter grade of B and a composite score of 128 versus Havasu Preparatory Academy's composite score of 154 and letter grade of A. This is not even a close race between all the schools in Lake Havasu.

Havasu Preparatory Academy 1

Posted June 23, 2014
I wrote one of the positive reviews for this school last year, this year was extremely disappointing. We had several problems cleanliness of the school, lack of communication, and rules not being enforced. Definitely NOT returning! My child was a high honor roll student and in looking at the other schools HPA is way behind! Review the test scores before enrolling your child! Their advertisement for small class sizes is also a joke. They took away PE this 2013/14 school year and promised music. Music was taken away half way through the year and we were not even notified. The playground is exceptionally small. One of the worst things this last year with the change in leadership was a lack of communication. Our child's teacher left 6 weeks before the school year was over and we did not get notification that she was leaving till a few days before! The only correspondence we received from the school leader was to tell us to make sure our kids were on time and not be absent on the day of funding! Oh and they can show videos without viewing them 1st. Kids would come in to class repeatedly late which disrupts the classroom. I would definitely NOT enroll my child here!

Posted March 12, 2014
I love HPA and had to beg my mom to let me come here. When she finally came to the office to meet the principal she knew this change was going to be so good for me. I am happy with my teachers, the staff, and all of the cool friends I met here.

Posted March 12, 2014
We have been at HPA from the beginning when it was just the Southside Campus and started with Ms. Angel. I initially enrolled two of my children, then last year the third and pre-enrolled my fourth. I am pleased with HPA with teachers, staff and administrators. My experience with HPA is far from perfect, however whenever there has been an issue or concern it has been handled immediately and appropriately. I am excited to see how the school will grow! Next year my daughter will be enrolling in the High School for North Campus, I am choosing HPA for my child because I believe that the school is a fit for our family. Despite changes and growth they have always reassured and proved their commitment to my children and the children at both campuses. All I recommend to all parents at any school, if you have an issue with your school it is best to handle the problem immediately. I have made a point to keep in contact with all of my children's teachers and have never had any long term issues.

Havasu Preparatory Academy 4

Posted January 29, 2014
My school Havasu prep academy has been one of the best school i have ever gone to. its a small school so everyone knows everyone its not like a big school where you see different people everyday. Im in 9th grade so this is my 1st year @ highschool from what i heard its a lot different from the normal highschool. An example is the teachers can help you one on one if you dont understand the topic at hand the teachers help you when you need help, they are there when you have a bad day and just need some guaidence they really understand your problems they dont judge you they just listen. i really appericiate my teachers here at havasu Prepartory academy. yes there is some downfalls to this school we have to bring our own lunch everyday of the week. we have to purchase very expensive shirts $10 for just one shirt adn if you buy 5 shirts youre spending already $50 on just shirts !!! my parents didnt like that much. it made them very upset. then we have to buy khanki colored pants and they are just so ugly and uncomfortable. That is what i think of Havasu preparotry academy

Havasu Preparatory Academy 4

Posted January 28, 2014
I love this school we don't have to worry about lables or getting picked on here, everyone stands up for one another and we are all one big family, something you don't get at a public school. The only thing i kinda don't like is the uniforms.I love most of the teachers here they're all nice and they treat you like family, which is amazing.

Havasu Preparatory Academy 3

Posted January 28, 2014
Our school is very involved. I like that our teachers love to help us. They want us to succeed in life. They love their jobs and us. I wish we did not have to wear the khaki pants,just the HPA shirt. Our school is very welcoming with open arms to every and anyone. No one is judged for what their hair looks like or anything. We all are one big happy family. I love that about HPA. I honestly can not wait for our new campus to be built so others can enjoy our school just as much as we do.

Posted January 28, 2014
In our experience, the teachers at HPA are far superior in their dedication to and concern for the children they teach.. as well as in their understanding of educational techniques. HPA is much more similar to schools in a state with a higher ranked public education.

Havasu Preparatory Academy
3155 Maricopa Avenue, Lake Havasu City, AZ  86406
Last modified Havasu Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Havasu Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top