Posted April 27, 2014
I am very pleased with this school, I have 2 attending. My children are thriving...and I think it is due to me as a parent working with and in constant contact (as needed) with my children's teachers...parents must take ownership in their children's education...we can't hope and wish for our children to thrive we have to be involved on a daily basis not just during crises. Vista rocks!!!

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 2

Posted January 06, 2014
7th grade has been falling apart. Teachers leave and they fill with substitutes, hoping the teacher will return. This provides no stability for the student. Highly disappointed this year. This school has had high teacher turn over and only a few remain from the year they opened. This is my daughter's 7th year at Vista and she has started with a newly hired teacher every year since attending this school except for one year. I have had no problems in years past and only had great things to say about Vista but this year, I can not say the same. The PTA is wonderful at Vista and parent involvment is high.

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
Some Vista Del Sur teachers/administrators need to learn how to spell: grammer should be grammar broak should be broke goof afternoon should be good afternoon etc.

Posted December 18, 2013
My daughter loves Vista! We are so happy we decided to send her there. She is now in 1st grade and is doing wonderful! Her Kinder teacher was great and her 1st grade teacher is awesome! My daughter always looks forward to school and is always happy when she comes home from school! Ms. Pashley is the best. Very approachable, and is always open to listening to parents and their concerns. We are planning on enrolling our youngest at Vista next Fall. So happy this school is so close to home! Happy Vista has a gifted program for those students that are excelling. My daughter was recently admitted to the program. Couldn't be happier!

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 1

Posted October 19, 2013
I give this school one star because the teachers are complete bullies! Not only do they yell at the students, they physically tease them! The teachers and parents should be held accountable for the students performance, not the kids! It's unbelievable that Mr. Schut would be allowed to pull poorly written papers and make a laughing matter of the children. Seriously!? He actually told the kids he enjoys teasing people? Ridiculing the children doesn't make them better academically, it lowers their confidence and gives the kids ammunition to do the same. Bullying at this school must be addressed, and I'm not talking about student on student, but teacher on student. Then of course there is the matter of the principal. A child brings bad behavior to her attention and she yells and screams at them for it? Something is seriously wrong with this schools principles. It should not only about be about good test scores, but about well rounded children. But then I guess the they those tax dollars !!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Vista Del Sur Is The Best School, I love the communication...they are very organized system

Posted September 15, 2013
I've been going to Vista for 2 years now, and I absolutly LOVE it! The envorment at Vista is extremly amazing! Not only do they help you exceed, they make learning fun! And they don't make anything that complicated! They try to figure out your level of learning, and start from there, they make sure they know your learning style, and even though this school is slightly hard, in a few weeks you'll get used to it, and you will see your child's improvement while going to this school. I know for a fact my AIMS score has never been better when I first attended Vista. This really is an amazing school, an A School.

Posted September 06, 2013
Year seven for us as a Vista family. We are extremely satisfied. Our children look forward to school each day, even Mondays! Again, this school is not for everyone. Each child is different and not all children will perform well in this environment. Vista requires strict dicipline and accountability for both studys and behaviors, BY BOTH STUDENTS AND PARENTS. Attending a traditional school is a priviledge and a choice that requires a huge time commitment, and is a model for our standard schools and educational systems. Some Vista families have multiple children, one child may attend Vista while their sibling attends a different elementary school. Vista is rigorous. Please consider all possibilities to best suit your family. Go Tigers!

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 3

Posted July 16, 2013
Vista has a rude receptionist and is very rigid. Lots of arrogance. Prinicpal has a nanny mentality.

Posted June 26, 2013
My daughter loves this school, it was the best move for her. She is excited about her teacher, friends and her learning environment. I have to ask myself sometimes, I'm I smarter than a 1st grader because the school is doing such a great job. It keeps her challenged and she craves more. So if you child is a natural intellect and loves to be challenged, this would be the school of choice.But I have tried 2 years in a row and no luck with getting my son enrolled. I'll keep trying, maybe next year.

Vista Del Sur Traditional School
3908 W. South Mountain Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Vista Del Sur Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Del Sur Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top