Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 29, 2015
Communication between parents and teacher is number one I think if there is a problem with my child there is always an email or phone call from teacher

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 29, 2015
My son gets homework and I think he has time to complete all of required by his teachers by the due date.

Posted June 29, 2015
The school teachers are the best Love the way my son has improved since he started going to this school

Posted May 05, 2015
https://youtu.be/8OyTIPgvJJU Please educate yourself on the truth behind azmerit and standardized testing your children will be taking while attending this school. One teacher actually told us during a tour that high schools will "compete" for children who attend this school and before you think thats a good thing, consider why.

Posted January 14, 2015
I have two girls in Vista -one for 7 years and one for 2. I couldn't be happier with the school! They have involved us and communicated with us consistently. Our daughters aren't angels but Vista has actively worked with us in helping our gitls to become the young ladies we want them to be. Vista values each and everyone of their children and work with the parents to help the children be the best students possible. Opportunities abound for the kids to explore and be involved in a variety of activities. It is structured, can be intense at times, it is encouraging, supportive, consistent and clear. Thank you Vista for all you do!
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 27, 2014
I am very pleased with this school, I have 2 attending. My children are thriving...and I think it is due to me as a parent working with and in constant contact (as needed) with my children's teachers...parents must take ownership in their children's education...we can't hope and wish for our children to thrive we have to be involved on a daily basis not just during crises. Vista rocks!!!
2 people found this helpful

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 2

Posted January 06, 2014
7th grade has been falling apart. Teachers leave and they fill with substitutes, hoping the teacher will return. This provides no stability for the student. Highly disappointed this year. This school has had high teacher turn over and only a few remain from the year they opened. This is my daughter's 7th year at Vista and she has started with a newly hired teacher every year since attending this school except for one year. I have had no problems in years past and only had great things to say about Vista but this year, I can not say the same. The PTA is wonderful at Vista and parent involvment is high.

Posted December 21, 2013
Some Vista Del Sur teachers/administrators need to learn how to spell: grammer should be grammar broak should be broke goof afternoon should be good afternoon etc.

Posted December 18, 2013
My daughter loves Vista! We are so happy we decided to send her there. She is now in 1st grade and is doing wonderful! Her Kinder teacher was great and her 1st grade teacher is awesome! My daughter always looks forward to school and is always happy when she comes home from school! Ms. Pashley is the best. Very approachable, and is always open to listening to parents and their concerns. We are planning on enrolling our youngest at Vista next Fall. So happy this school is so close to home! Happy Vista has a gifted program for those students that are excelling. My daughter was recently admitted to the program. Couldn't be happier!

Posted October 19, 2013
I give this school one star because the teachers are complete bullies! Not only do they yell at the students, they physically tease them! The teachers and parents should be held accountable for the students performance, not the kids! It's unbelievable that Mr. Schut would be allowed to pull poorly written papers and make a laughing matter of the children. Seriously!? He actually told the kids he enjoys teasing people? Ridiculing the children doesn't make them better academically, it lowers their confidence and gives the kids ammunition to do the same. Bullying at this school must be addressed, and I'm not talking about student on student, but teacher on student. Then of course there is the matter of the principal. A child brings bad behavior to her attention and she yells and screams at them for it? Something is seriously wrong with this schools principles. It should not only about be about good test scores, but about well rounded children. But then I guess the they those tax dollars !!!

3908 W. South Mountain Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Vista Del Sur Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Del Sur Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top