Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 26, 2015
Such a good feeling to know my children go to school and learn. The kids follow a school program called R.O.A.R. (Responsible, Organized, Alert, and Respectful). And it's not just some nice little acronym. The kids know ROAR, school always stresses ROAR, and everyone strives to abide by it. Parental involvement is very strong and it shows. Communication is strong and it's all hands on deck there all the time. Can't stress enough how pleased we are.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 26, 2015
Keep up the great work Principal Pashley! You care for the school and it shows.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 29, 2015
Communication between parents and teacher is number one I think if there is a problem with my child there is always an email or phone call from teacher

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 29, 2015
My son gets homework and I think he has time to complete all of required by his teachers by the due date.

Posted June 29, 2015
The school teachers are the best Love the way my son has improved since he started going to this school

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
https://youtu.be/8OyTIPgvJJU Please educate yourself on the truth behind azmerit and standardized testing your children will be taking while attending this school. One teacher actually told us during a tour that high schools will "compete" for children who attend this school and before you think thats a good thing, consider why.

Posted January 14, 2015
I have two girls in Vista -one for 7 years and one for 2. I couldn't be happier with the school! They have involved us and communicated with us consistently. Our daughters aren't angels but Vista has actively worked with us in helping our gitls to become the young ladies we want them to be. Vista values each and everyone of their children and work with the parents to help the children be the best students possible. Opportunities abound for the kids to explore and be involved in a variety of activities. It is structured, can be intense at times, it is encouraging, supportive, consistent and clear. Thank you Vista for all you do!

Posted April 27, 2014
I am very pleased with this school, I have 2 attending. My children are thriving...and I think it is due to me as a parent working with and in constant contact (as needed) with my children's teachers...parents must take ownership in their children's education...we can't hope and wish for our children to thrive we have to be involved on a daily basis not just during crises. Vista rocks!!!

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 2

Posted January 06, 2014
7th grade has been falling apart. Teachers leave and they fill with substitutes, hoping the teacher will return. This provides no stability for the student. Highly disappointed this year. This school has had high teacher turn over and only a few remain from the year they opened. This is my daughter's 7th year at Vista and she has started with a newly hired teacher every year since attending this school except for one year. I have had no problems in years past and only had great things to say about Vista but this year, I can not say the same. The PTA is wonderful at Vista and parent involvment is high.

Vista Del Sur Traditional School 1

Posted December 21, 2013
Some Vista Del Sur teachers/administrators need to learn how to spell: grammer should be grammar broak should be broke goof afternoon should be good afternoon etc.

3908 W. South Mountain Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Vista Del Sur Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.