Posted August 11, 2014
This is the absolute worst school I have ever encountered. The teacher to student ratio for kindergarten is ridiculous, 34-1. And they have individuals who are teaching classes who have no college education at all. The school caters to the underprivileged yet doesn't provide lunch or breakfast for their students, and they will not allow ANY volunteers at all. That screams of trying to hide something. And the administration is a joke. Terrible, terrible school. I wouldn't send my dog here. I would have given it no stars if I could have. Parents, do NOT send your kids here.

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is horrible thee are some friendly staff but a lot of unfriendly staff including the principal. My child's teacher yells at the children and cusses at them and even the principal still backed up their teacher knowing what they do. They choose favorites at the school some kids can get away with anything even if it's not allowed in the handbook where others are singled out and threatened to be expelled for doing what the favorites do. My child loves the horsemanship and zoo lab they have and some of the activities but is afraid to go to school because of the way her teacher and other staff there treat her including the principal and due to recent events I am now having to go to the school board to report the staff for bullying my child as well as other children I would never recommend this school to anyone they need a completely new staff starting with the principal and my daughters teacher no teacher should be allowed to threaten kids, yell at them, and cuss at them it is ridiculous. Parents re not a Lowed to even visit there children or be involved in the school what kind of school outlaws parents the kind who have something to hide and are doing bad things to the kids.

Posted August 02, 2013
I agree that this is not a good school, parents do your research, visit the school without letting them know your going. I would not send my children there.

Posted August 02, 2013
I have attended CGCS from my 8th grade year til I graduated in 2011 from high school, a year early than I would have a a normal high school. They have amazing programs such as Horsemanship, Zoolab, the 3 week trips they take, Steele Drums, and many more. In horsemanship, everybody gets to learn about farm like animals such as alpacas, llamas, horses, sheep and more. While in horsemanship you learn how to feed the animals and take care of them. Zoolab has 4 different rooms in the building labeled: "Mammals", "Reptiles", "Amphibians" and "Quarantine" . They also have an insect corner and a wave pool with starfish. Their learning is primarily hands-on. The 3 week trips they take are amazing. They start with kids in 4th grade up to high school. The 3 week trips are to main locations in the US such as Washington DC, Yellowstone, Chicago, and New England. Their other big trips go out of the country to Belize and Costa Rica. High school here they give you the option of graduating in 3 yrs or the standard 4 yrs. They have great opportunities and events that go on here. I would say if you are looking for a traditional school this is not it but there are many GREAT opportunities here.

Posted April 30, 2013
Hmm I attend this school, so I recommend that one should not send their child(ren) here. There is favoritism among staff members, and they make you do things that "help build responsibility" (more like child labor) such as moving hay, picking up trash for standing while eating lunch, also known as "lunch detention", and working in business that make money for the school. During my time here I've only met about 2 teachers that genuinely cared about me academically. I wish I could move school honestly I do but I like my friends here and it is also too late for me since I'm in High School and most of my credits won't transfer to another High School. In all seriousness if your child(ren) attend here get them out before they get into High School.

Country Gardens Charter School 4

Posted October 29, 2011
This school like any other has it's ups and downs. Anyone can make a negative comment on ANY school. But here is my OPINION of the school. I've been atending this school for 3 years now and I have made the best friends I could ever have, I have learned things no other school is capable in offering. For example; I have a Food Handlers Card, and am certified as a PEER MEDIATOR. Now what school offers you that to put on a resimay? Also, this school offers a different way to learn, instead of large text books we do it hands on. I've been to Yellowstone TWICE.!! I've seen with my eyes how Old Faithful sprays every few hours. I can tell you how a Fin is formed because I was there to see and climb one. By going on these wonderful trips the information sticks to you. No one that has gone on these trips can tell you, they dont learn anything. Not only does this school do that but it builds character too. This school changes every year to learn from there mistakes. They used to put two grades in a classroom. But now they have changed that and every grade has there own class. I sometimes dont completely agree with the staff. But I would never regret attending this school.

Posted September 05, 2011
I love this school and so does my child. More actual learning takes place than at the public school in Laveen. Not only the trditional"book learning" but also how to be a sucess in life, how to stand for what you believe without stomping on others rights to do the same. Lots of homework, but it is meningful work not just busy work. The centers are great and the extra curricular trips are an amazing chance of a lifetime.

Posted July 15, 2011
I had been attending cgcs for 5 years,and recently moved and the bus doesn't go that far anymore. I LOVE cgcs the teachers & staff there,they are all very nice if I could I love to go back. It is one of the best schools. I will say this though people either love it or don't. Yes there are mice and other kinds of wild animals there but it's on a FARM!,but I can assure your child will not be in danger by the wild animals.Some of the wild animals/not wild animals are amazing you may not be able to see some unless you are in a zoo,such as(Great horned owls,peacocks,chickens and more.)

Posted September 27, 2010
This school is a joke they have policies that contradict their own policies yea confusing huh? well that tells you how much thought they put into their own policies!!!! staff hugging touching and kissing infront of student when their own policies prohibit students from engaging in this. I am a firm believer of practice what you preach!!! that fat chick kim is a joke thinks she is the queen of the world and yells at students for the dumbest things..wish parents got to see this side of the school. really have never seen a school so disorganized like this one calling wrong parents when their kids did something wrong.

Posted August 26, 2010
CGCS is very hands-on. You learn things you just absolutely cannot learn at a normal school..no matter what people say. CGCS has literally changed my personal life and I'm thankful for it. 99% of people get along there and the animals are amazing.<3 The trips are a once-in-a-lifetime sort of experience. I love the staff...They really care. What else could you ask for?? I learn WAY more at CGCS than I ever did at the "smart" public schools. Woo hoo CGCS keep up the good work!!

Country Gardens Charter School
6313 W Southern Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Country Gardens Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Gardens Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 76 reviews.