Public charter
Laveen, AZ

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 29, 2015
How can you be effective when you treat one child well and another with obvious predigest.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
This school does not in any way show qualities conducive to a healthy, happy learning environment.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
No respect at all. Bullying is allowed here under the mask that kids will be kids. Just wrong.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
Children were allowed to curse at students and put them down, say hateful things to my child to tease and hurt feelings. How does that support compassion, caring or empathy? It does not.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
There is no integrity shown at this school nor fairness in my opinion with what our child experienced. Children were allowed to lie about incidents they were involved in and the principal just chalked it up to kids being kids. Not what you want to hear. One of the staff members lied about a conversation and twisted some wording to back a teacher up during an incident. Not the kind of people you want as role models for your children, or that we want for ours.

Posted May 29, 2015
Horrible experience with my child in this school including the teacher. There was bullying that was allowed to go on and excuses were made for these behaviors by the staff. Physical incidents went without parental notification and "peer mediation" was conducted with the student that were involved in the incident/s and high school students supervised. The principal stated that when these incidents were handled this way no parents are notified. The principal took up for the teacher before she even asked the teacher about the incident and stated that prior to my call, she hadn't even looked at the incident report. There was predigest words and behavior exhibited by the teacher to us and our child. We put our child in this school because it seemed to be a small school and had animals that the children could learn about and work with. There is no school lunch program and what is offered for purchase is subpar to say the least. Every event that is done at the school you have to pay for including the dances for the children. If you do not give the $5 entry fee to the dance you child has to sit in another classroom while the children who do pay attend, the refreshments are also at a price. When the school has family events, anything your child wants to do at the even comes at a price. Worst school ever. I have never experienced a school such as this one. All school supplies need to be purchased by the parents and are then kept in the classroom and handed out communally. You also have to buy the reading journals that the school prints out, you are not allowed to buy a regular reading journal at the store (their ringed "journals" cost $3 and are not even pleasing to look at). I am so sorry that I sent our child to this school thinking it was close to home and may be more one on one with a Country flair. Be ware if you are thinking about sending your child to this school.

Posted December 03, 2014
My kids were excited to go to this school! But once they got in! The school was nothing like what they said it would be! They don't have good IEP's they don't have small classes and both my kids started failing! And they didn't do anything to help them but give me the run around! So I pulled them out after me and my mom spent over $300.00 in school supplies that they kept and won't give them back! I also know other parents that are pulling there kids out as well! Cause of the same stuff and there kids coming home with foul language and talking about in appropriate subjects like body parts and teachers allowing it! I am so greatful I pulled my kids out they are doing much better and not falling behind now I would never recommend this school to anyone at all! And one teacher is not qualified to teach but they still allow it!

Posted August 11, 2014
This is the absolute worst school I have ever encountered. The teacher to student ratio for kindergarten is ridiculous, 34-1. And they have individuals who are teaching classes who have no college education at all. The school caters to the underprivileged yet doesn't provide lunch or breakfast for their students, and they will not allow ANY volunteers at all. That screams of trying to hide something. And the administration is a joke. Terrible, terrible school. I wouldn't send my dog here. I would have given it no stars if I could have. Parents, do NOT send your kids here.

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is horrible thee are some friendly staff but a lot of unfriendly staff including the principal. My child's teacher yells at the children and cusses at them and even the principal still backed up their teacher knowing what they do. They choose favorites at the school some kids can get away with anything even if it's not allowed in the handbook where others are singled out and threatened to be expelled for doing what the favorites do. My child loves the horsemanship and zoo lab they have and some of the activities but is afraid to go to school because of the way her teacher and other staff there treat her including the principal and due to recent events I am now having to go to the school board to report the staff for bullying my child as well as other children I would never recommend this school to anyone they need a completely new staff starting with the principal and my daughters teacher no teacher should be allowed to threaten kids, yell at them, and cuss at them it is ridiculous. Parents re not a Lowed to even visit there children or be involved in the school what kind of school outlaws parents the kind who have something to hide and are doing bad things to the kids.

Posted August 02, 2013
I agree that this is not a good school, parents do your research, visit the school without letting them know your going. I would not send my children there.

6313 W Southern Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Country Gardens Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Gardens Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 93 reviews. Top