Trailside Point Elementary School

Public | K-8 | 900 students

Our community involvement and volunteer service

Posted April 25, 2014

Trailside Point is AWESOME! The school was just awarded an A+ SCHOOL IN ARIZONA!!! What strides this school has accomplished with excellent staff, teachers, parents and students!! You will want to check out Trailside Point Elementary School, now voted an A+ School in Arizona. The A+ School of Excellence Program is a comprehensive school assessment program that celebrates outstanding schools and brings to light the positive stories and successes happening in public schools every day. The A+ School of Excellence Program unifies and energizes a school and its community. The A+ School of Excellence Program was created by the Arizona Educational Foundation in 1983. Its purpose is threefold: to identify and give public recognition to outstanding public schools in Arizona; to make available a comprehensive framework of key criteria for school effectiveness that can serve as a basis for participatory self-assessment and planning in schools; to facilitate communication and sharing of best practices within and among schools based on a common criteria related to success.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 8, 2013

My kids have been at Trailside for 6 years. I have seen huge improvements since our current principal has been there. The teachers are amazing and the office staff is so friendly and helpful. Volunteers have made a difference too. We recently had to move but we stayed in the neighborhood so the kids could stay in this school.

Posted September 22, 2011

I have two daughters and a nephew who attend this school and they absolutely love it . They work well with student and the teachers are very attentive. My youngest was born after august 31st took the kinder screening test and passed on her first day of school she misses the bus back home. I get a call from the office and explain that I work 23 miles away- turns out the assistant principal gave my daughter a ride home!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT

Posted February 24, 2011

I have four children at this school and love it. The teachers are great. I volunteer a lot and I wish there was more parental involvement. My children love the school and I feel they are getting a good education. My oldest went from a below average student and needing resources to a honor roll student and doing great.

Posted April 22, 2010

I have a child that needs extra resources to help him learn. This school has bent over backwards to help him. The teaching staff has improved year over year and this year my son has started excelling in school.

Posted March 4, 2010

I have 4 children in the district and they are great. Not perfect but they are responsive and supportive to kids and parents. The district is available anytime there were issues and have been an active participant in strengthening our community.

Posted November 20, 2009

The adminstration at this school is awful. They don't keep parents informed on what is going on with their children. This school has not changed in the three years it has been open as some of these reviews have indicated.

Posted November 5, 2009

What a wonderful place to have my kinder son attend. The school gives a feeling of community, family and safty. The staff and teachers actually know the student's and recognize them, parents and realitives. It's awsome to know that my son is not just a 'student' that attends there.

Posted November 5, 2009

This is our 3rd school year at Trailside Point and things just keeping getting better. I see teachers and administrators that really care about the kids. They are a Performing Plus school this year and that mixed with all the extracurricular activities that are offered now really make it a great school that is focused on developing the whole person.

Posted October 25, 2009

The school has made a huge change from 2 years ago. The test scores are up and discipline issues are down. Trailside is currently a Performing Plus school.

Posted July 12, 2009

I would give this school only a one star rating. Disciplining the upper grade level students was a continual issue for me. My eighth grader, normally an A+, outgoing student, became withdrawn and quiet. He finally said the continual climate in the classrooms was total disrespect for the teachers and learning was difficult in this kind of environment. He begged me to take him out of there, which I did in the fall of 2008. Did I let the Principal and Asst. Principal know of the problems in the classrooms? Yes, but I think because they are so young and inexperienced, they do not know how to handle the discipline problems and lack of respect from so many of the upper grade level students. If you have a child that is an overachiever - be very involved and listen to your child.

Posted April 14, 2009

I was an 8th grade student at trailside last year. Overall it's the best school I have been too. The teachers relate to the student and are very helpful. The staff is kind and are there if anyone needs help. I loved it there and I had a great experience there!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 12, 2008

Since the school be open spring 2007 both of my children have made the principle list and honor roll. I'm afraid to move when my rental lease is up, because my children are doing so good at Trailside Point

Posted November 9, 2008

I have 2 boys going here, 3rd & 5th grade. They went to Laveen Elementary before Trailside was built. This campus is obviously beautiful and new, but I agree with some of the other postings on the decision to go K-8, terrible influence on the younger children. The junior high kids leave school and exit the park with mine and there have been incidents of fighting and bullying of my oldest son. I'v been in the office dropping paperwork ofF and wittnessed the disrespectful way the older kids talk to the staff. I think there is an element in the neighborhood that with time and pressure on landlords can be weeded out. Until then I am considering changing schools, it is overcrowded, 30 students is just too much.

Posted August 28, 2008

Very nice school, clean. they are very good about security for the students. I have a grandchild in Kindergarden and she loves it. I love it too.

Posted June 13, 2008

My child just finished the 07-08 year in first grade. We were very happy with all of the first grade teachers. They all obviously work togeher as a team but other grades, especially upper grades, look like they need a lot of help. All of the meetings I attended had complaints of violence and dicipline in the upper grades. Fortunatly they do separate the upper grades from lower, and both my child and teacher confirmed that they have not seen any of the issues that were being complained about. We have a new team of leaders next year, a promising PTA (just needs more active volunteers), and a great office staff that work wonderfully with parents. Because of this I am willing to give this school a chance. I'm confident that the next few years will weed out the rest of the 'bad'.

Posted June 12, 2008

This was my child's first year of school here, and I was really surprised by the amount of parent involvement in her class. She seems to be getting a quality education compared to many of our relatives kids. The teachers are all very friendly, there is some problem with tardiness to school, but really what school doesn't have this problem. I thought it was great that the principal was holding students and parents accountable for excessive tardiness. There is some overcrowding, but that is typical for new areas such as this. It really shouldn't be of a surprise to anyone. The school board recently received an award as one of the best school boards in Az, and they have given significant raises to teachers the last couple of years. I think some of the problems in the past are getting worked out.

Posted May 8, 2008

This school is a very good school i dont know what these parents are thinking.....But my kids like this school. So over all its a good school

Posted April 28, 2008

I knew there was a problem the first day I walked my daughter into that office on her first day of school and saw a line out the door with children waiting to get a pass to class due to their tardiness. I thought to myself, oh my......what have I done to my daughter. I do believe parents are the ones to blame for those children not being disciplined. However, I've heard the horror stories my daughter has told me and also what little the school has done on their part to correct it. Even with all the chaos at the school, my daughter has managed to be great kids and an A & B student with no disciplinary problems. However, she deserves a better school and that she will get.

Posted April 3, 2008

It was a BIG mistake for the district to decide on having K-8 at one school. The school is over crowded and some staff seem overwhelmed. I do not believe there is enough homework given and there are many times my kids say 'we had free time today'. I'm trying to make up the difference with subject/scholastic workbooks at home.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 52%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Security personnel
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Level of special education programming offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

School start time
  • 7:30am
School end time
  • 2:30pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Sarah Zembruski
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Individually guided instruction
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Acceleration
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Mentoring
  • Remediation
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Tutoring
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Scooptacular

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis