Laveen, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,900

Betty Fairfax High School 3

Posted July 26, 2014
Hm, alright. I'm currently a junior at this school. I've been attending since my freshman year. My freshman year was smooth an easy. The school made it easy for me to transition from a middle school setting to a more mature setting. Though, I've had a bad experience going on after freshman year. Sophomore year, my grades dropped dramatically. The teaching habits overall were rushed, and the lessons were stuffed down our throats. Not only did I experience this, but the whole sophomore class was. They have senior leveled expectations from the jump, and I think it's unnecessary. I'm forced to go to this school cause I love near by, but if I had a choice, I'd go to Chavez in a heart beat. This school is a homophobic based environment, which is unhealthy for the LGBT community. People are bullied at this school every day and the school doesn't bother to do anything about it (though they notice and see it everyday). I don't recomend anyone come here, it's very rushed and not many students pass their classes due to the fact that it's rushed. PostScrpit: The school is very lazy at keeping the school website/other things updated.

Posted April 13, 2014
I can rate the school not even 1 start but I don't have that choice. My daughter went there for one week and it was horrible the teachers are really rude, and there's a lot of bullying and theft problems and the school is not doing nothing about it, I was really concerned about my daughter she didn't want to go to school every morning, she was very scared, definitely not recommend this school to anyone, now she's attending to Cesar Chavez and what a difference, is the same district but a better school.

Posted January 31, 2014
I am currently a freshman here at Fairfax. This is a great school on the students education. They care about the students education, thu tend to teach the whole student, which is also part of a IB program. The school provides many ways to teach the whole student, ie: they have a tutoring hour where the students go to one of their classes they need help in, & they have programs dealing with what that student needs to be taught. This school provides alot for any kind of student with emotional problems, financial problems, etc. The school is made fun of by those outside of the phoenix union Highschool district, saying Fairfax is made of punks, but honestly you don't see that here, until you see Cesar Chavez High school. Compared to Chavez and Fairfax, Fairfax is by far best in teaching the student and caring for them. I recommend this highschool, even though I am a freshman, I actually enjoy coming to school. This school keeps me happy.

Posted January 08, 2014
This school has potential but they are not quite there. The students are allowed to loiter and there is high theft rate. My student and some peers have experienced bullying and theft. The principal, Dr. MUNOZ has no respect or concern for students safety. The administration does not return calls or follow up with parent concerns. The only positive thing they have going on is the IB program, which very few of the teachers are willing to put effort into their job. I want to recognize "Mrs. Baker" an IB math teacher for her dedication, concern and willingness to really teach the curriculum. She makes students accountable and has had a positive impact on the math department.

Posted November 23, 2013
I'm currently a JR and I have seriously wasted 3 years of my life here. Every single year I've attended, I've gotten at least 3-4 teachers that have no idea what they're doing. Also, the security guards and honestly the worst people ever. They're not afraid to talk to students with disrespect. The students are horrible as well. Oh yeah, out of all my years being here, I've literally seen the principle about 7 times. Yeah, I'm not an adult yet and my opinion doesn't matter, but enrolling your kid into this school will be the worst mistake you've ever made.

Posted May 14, 2013
Im a freshman , so this school is bad because when my teacher left they gave us a subsitute who cant teach and not only that did not provide the graphing calculators every other class had them but ours. Also the school spirit is bad the security guards show favoritsm and the principle says academics are good but its not they arent organized.

Posted July 22, 2011
As far as academics, the school's great. The IB program is officially starting this year. Most teachers try to stay after school to help us out which I find great. However, the school environment is what I can't stand. Students here are very closed off and stay close to their own group/clique. We tolerate each other, but don't communicate. And the school spirit is HORRIBLE. On spirit days, it seems like my friends and I are the only ones who like to participate and have fun. Everyone's so uptight. Clubs don't get enough recognition, and some don't get far because no one goes to the meetings. I just wish I could go to another school...

Posted November 28, 2010
It is extremely sad when the negative responses on this site is based from uninformed individuals. People tend more to complain than to give kudos. This school is focused on the student as an entire person, intending on rendering the community with a well rounded asset to the community. There is cultural diversity which is celebrated, a collaborative environment which does not tolerate boundaries, and a campus up well connected people that have a common goal...the students. This school will only set the standards and rise to any level that challenges improvement. This comes from the heart, and direct experience with the staff and students of this campus.

Posted November 06, 2010
I'm currently a Junior at Betty H. Fairfax High School,. This school is very good at academics (IB Program) and athletics. Fairfax is considered a performing plus and one of the best schools is the PUHSD. Our school is currently growing at the moment with academics because its a new school, but is striving to build a better foundation for the students every week.

Posted June 27, 2010
Prinicipal is extremely uncooperative and malicious. Teachers readily spread rumors and negate each others authority. Students are wild and out of control, due to no enforcement from security or administration. Academic expectations are extremely low, teachers ar merely urged to "rethink" their standards to have a higher pass rate. Parents are uninvolved and difficult with teachers. Overall the environment, student body, staff and administration and parents are disconnected and misguided.

Betty Fairfax High School
8225 S. 59th Avenue, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Betty Fairfax High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Betty Fairfax High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top