Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
Apparently, if you complain about the school they shut off your ability to manage your son'so academics online. I never heard of an educational institution actually hindering a student academically

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 09, 2015
Some of the dumbest people on the planet are in charge of this school. In particular, Principal Wooley, Dennis Gregory, and Heather Miller

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
The administration has no clue what they're doing. I've recorded all my meetings and released them online.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
My son was denied due process and suspended for an incident on 10-18-15 that allegedly took place on campus. Only problem is 10-18-15 was on a Sunday. Campus was closed and school wasn't in session on Sundays. I'm so glad I recorded all my meetings and kept all the certified letters they sent.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 09, 2015
I will be releasing all recordings I've got to the public of meetings I've had with Principal Wooley, Dennis Gregory, and Heather Miller. On these recordings I will let you listen to how dishonest and contradictory these three idiots are. Parents beware of this school and dealing with these three in particular.

Betty Fairfax High School 1

Posted December 09, 2015
I am being very genorous by even giving this pathetic school one star. My son was suspended without due process for an incident that supposedly happened on campus on October 18, 2015. Only problem is October 18, 2015, was on a Sunday and school wasn't even in session. I've attempted to meet with the administration there, dealt with social workers there, and know help whatsoever. My son's rights were denied but thankfully I recorded all meetings and have a copy of the letter I received certified mail which clearly shows he was suspended October 18, 2015. Beware of administrators Principal Wooley, Dennis Gregory, and Heather Miller. These people are a joke and I've filed a complaint with the district and attorney general's office. Parents avoid this school like the plague.

Betty Fairfax High School 3

Posted July 26, 2014
Hm, alright. I'm currently a junior at this school. I've been attending since my freshman year. My freshman year was smooth an easy. The school made it easy for me to transition from a middle school setting to a more mature setting. Though, I've had a bad experience going on after freshman year. Sophomore year, my grades dropped dramatically. The teaching habits overall were rushed, and the lessons were stuffed down our throats. Not only did I experience this, but the whole sophomore class was. They have senior leveled expectations from the jump, and I think it's unnecessary. I'm forced to go to this school cause I love near by, but if I had a choice, I'd go to Chavez in a heart beat. This school is a homophobic based environment, which is unhealthy for the LGBT community. People are bullied at this school every day and the school doesn't bother to do anything about it (though they notice and see it everyday). I don't recomend anyone come here, it's very rushed and not many students pass their classes due to the fact that it's rushed. PostScrpit: The school is very lazy at keeping the school website/other things updated.

Betty Fairfax High School 1

Posted April 13, 2014
I can rate the school not even 1 start but I don't have that choice. My daughter went there for one week and it was horrible the teachers are really rude, and there's a lot of bullying and theft problems and the school is not doing nothing about it, I was really concerned about my daughter she didn't want to go to school every morning, she was very scared, definitely not recommend this school to anyone, now she's attending to Cesar Chavez and what a difference, is the same district but a better school.

Betty Fairfax High School 5

Posted January 31, 2014
I am currently a freshman here at Fairfax. This is a great school on the students education. They care about the students education, thu tend to teach the whole student, which is also part of a IB program. The school provides many ways to teach the whole student, ie: they have a tutoring hour where the students go to one of their classes they need help in, & they have programs dealing with what that student needs to be taught. This school provides alot for any kind of student with emotional problems, financial problems, etc. The school is made fun of by those outside of the phoenix union Highschool district, saying Fairfax is made of punks, but honestly you don't see that here, until you see Cesar Chavez High school. Compared to Chavez and Fairfax, Fairfax is by far best in teaching the student and caring for them. I recommend this highschool, even though I am a freshman, I actually enjoy coming to school. This school keeps me happy.

Betty Fairfax High School 2

Posted January 08, 2014
This school has potential but they are not quite there. The students are allowed to loiter and there is high theft rate. My student and some peers have experienced bullying and theft. The principal, Dr. MUNOZ has no respect or concern for students safety. The administration does not return calls or follow up with parent concerns. The only positive thing they have going on is the IB program, which very few of the teachers are willing to put effort into their job. I want to recognize "Mrs. Baker" an IB math teacher for her dedication, concern and willingness to really teach the curriculum. She makes students accountable and has had a positive impact on the math department.

8225 S. 59th Avenue, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Betty Fairfax High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Betty Fairfax High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top