Public charter
Laveen, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted July 07, 2014
My school is..... Creative, the teachers are great. Caring, I think the principle really cares about each child. Challenging, The work the kids bring home signals they are being held to a high standard. My only qualm used to be that they seemed to charge for a lot of things like dress down days... but they seemed to ease up on that this year and use them more as a reward.

Riverbend Prep 1

Posted June 07, 2014
worst school ever my child got bullied by children and the staff and nothing was done about it.

Posted April 28, 2014
As a first time parent I have been very impressed with the school of my daughter. My daughter is in Kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Dorsey has been an excellent teacher. The front staff is always very friendly and they appear they like their job. If you have questions the front staff is always very nice and willing to help you out in anything. Teachers appear to like their job, and you are able to see them volunteer in extracurricular activities which they have several of : movie night, spring festival, fall festival etc. Despite that I have not have much verbal contact with the principal I see by his participation in activities that he is friendly and cares about his students. The recent activity we went to (spring festival) the principal was getting wet by every student that threw a ball at the duking machine he was in. I t was fun to see a principal, allow his students and parents to have fun with him. The festival was a lot of fun, and my husband and I despite we were tired from work, did not regret attending the event. Because Riverbend is a small school, teachers and staff are able to recognize my daughter by her name. It is an awesome school.

Posted March 08, 2014
I was sad to see a negative review because my experience at Riverbend has been excellent. I brought my three children here because I was unhappy with their previous school. It was a breath of fresh air walking into Riverbend. I agree that the office staff was very caring and pleasant. My experience with the teachers has been nothing but positive. You can tell they are teachers because they love what they do. They are always available to talk and all three of my kids are bringing home new things. I like that every grade seems to be doing similar things to improve their academics (Moby Max). Finally, the principal is very friendly and committed. He is always around (I have even seen him cleaning up the school when it needs it) and available but most of all, he knows my children. He takes the time to get to know everybody and is open to suggestions (even if I dont always get what I want). My experience with Riverbend has been very good and I would absolutely recommend the school. As with any big decision, I would suggest anyone looking for a school to come and check it out for yourself.

Posted March 08, 2014
I am so glad to be at Riverbend Prep. I have had 3 of my 4 children attend Riverbend Prep and have had nothing but success out of them. We love our school! The staff are very caring and concerned about all the students and they have a family feel to them. The teachers love their students and very compassionate to their needs. I love Riverbend Prep and am soo glad that we found this awesome school. If you are in need of a school for your child/ren this is the place to be. But I would do it soon because they are such a great school that they usually have waiting list early into the summer. Now is the time to look. Thanks Riverbend Prep staff! You ROCK !!!!

Riverbend Prep 1

Posted March 07, 2014
This is school was a great school the office staff was very pleasant and it made me feel comfortable taking my children there. That lasted a good couple of weeks until my son started getting bullied and there was little done about it and also my daughter I believe was getting intimidated and failed to want to attend school. She often said the teacher would get mad and say he wasn't going to return to school. The class as she said had no discipline the children took over the class. The children acted barbareic like they had no sense and the teacher just overlooked it had no structure. I thought that taking my children there would be a blessing it was so close the classes were so much smaller. It was totally the opposite the classes were smaller but they were dirty cluttered and it looked like the kids just played all day. I would not recommend this school to anyone but some people don't mind and they get used to the environment but as for me I grew up in a school like that and didn't want my kids to have to grow being in a hostile environment.

Posted October 30, 2013
I have two children that attend Riverbend Prep and they LOVE going to school. They enjoy their teachers, principal and office assistants. Riverbend has a GREAT music teacher and PE coach which is hard to find at a public school now days. As a parent I feel confortable sending my children there and I know they are getting an excellent education. I really like that everyone at Riverbend makes the parents and kids feel like they are a part of an extended family. I believe the principal and teachers have my children's best interest in hand all the time and their ability to install values in the students in everyday activities is AWESOME! The only thing I would like to see more of are fieldtrips because Arizona has a lot of unique places to visit. Riverbend is a small but powerful school and I would recommend parents in the Laveen area to send their child/children to this wonderful school.

Posted October 30, 2013
This a great school, with a very nice family dynamic to it. Everyone is extremely helpful and is committed to the children's success.

Posted October 18, 2013
Riverbend Prep is a great school! The teacher's are great. My kids love going to school and I know it's because their teacher's really care about each student and works hard to create a safe and fun learning environment for the class. The principal is doing a great job as well. He has been working hard to make Riverbend Prep the best school in Laveen.

Posted October 17, 2013
I love love love Riverbend! My kids were recieving C's and D's at their other school and had no support to help with after school tutoring or help from teachers at all. We came to Riverbend Prep and my kids got help afterschool or even before school. I couldn't get other schools to help me with my son to get an IEP and within the first quarter it was done and in place. This school is the best ! Thank you Riverbend Prep Staff and Admin.

Riverbend Prep
5625 S. 51st Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Riverbend Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverbend Prep Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top