Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I love this School. The teachers are great and keep my children engaged. They have so much to offer from education to fun events with the families. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to learn and have fun doing it.

I love this school so much! I'm so glad it's available to our community. This is my daughter's third year here. She especially loves her teachers and the extra curriculars. I love it for the engagement the school has with it's parents, the atmosphere, and the way they approach learning. Edit: I am saddened by some of the other reviews I am seeing I feel these reviews are placing too much weight on the teachers and the parents are not stepping up as they should be to ensure their child receives a quality well rounded education. It starts at home and parent engagement is a MUST!

I love love love Riverbend! My kids were recieving C's and D's at their other school and had no support to help with after school tutoring or help from teachers at all. We came to Riverbend Prep and my kids got help afterschool or even before school. I couldn't get other schools to help me with my son to get an IEP and within the first quarter it was done and in place. This school is the best ! Thank you Riverbend Prep Staff and Admin.

Overall, this school really lacks qualified certified teachers that are well organized and really care about their students and know how to be diverse in teaching styles. Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences for my child that has a IEP plan only to find out that he has not been getting the additional support that he is supposed to be getting in classroom. It is very upsetting to find out that my child hasn't been getting his IEP speech services plus learned that he has been sitting in class all day not getting assistance with assignments. He will come home with guided classroom assignments not completed. Of course the Special education coordinator and the teacher both flat out lie making it appear my child is really learning and progressing only to find out once he gets home that he hasn't learned zero all day in class. Also, I realized that they just been passing my child which is a major disservice to him. I will tell any parent to avoid this school not as it appears to be.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are not experience therefore they cannot be effective. They need well rounded experience teachers who are willing to educate and know how to be diverse for their students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They really need an experienced leader for each classroom to design a thorough lesson plan for each grade level. Majority of the assignments is sent home with no real explanation on how to do it.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can a school develop honesty, integrity and fairness in its students when all they have done is make a child IEP plan look like he is achieving when he has not

My kids have been going to this school for the first time, and yes the rating is very low and I can say that it certainly matches correctly. Classroom teachers seem to be lacking organization and communication between teachers, students, and parents. There is very little involvement with community, we've only done couple of times within 6 months. We do like the teachers as people they're great but really when we ask our kids what they're doing in school, they never know what's going on we can only guess by looking at the papers they bring or at Paragon nights they do once a month (which is a great idea but only one grade at a time). I would keep the kids in this school if the rating was much better, but I don't see improvement. By the way the gym walls need to be fixed, we started the year good, but now coming to the gym for meetings or picking up kids is like going through the constructions zone, it's embarrassing.

I am so disappointed in the experience that I as a parent have seen at this school. My child has been through 5 teachers since the first day of school, with this last change I did not receive a call, letter, email or any type of acknowledgement to inform me of the change. How is this beneficial to my child or the children in the class. A child should not have to adjust to 5 different styles of teaching for 1 class. Charter schools are supposed to be known for the academic structure that they offer to their students, this school has failed to do so in this situation. They offer no sports for the children to join or music for the Jr. High level students. I feel I was sold a "lemon" from a very smooth talking car salesman AKA the principal. Its sad because the majority of the staff that I have come in contact with are very caring and give their all to the students. This school could have lots of potential if they were provide with a better leader. I would give this school no stars but in order to submit this post I have to give it at least 1.

My school is..... Creative, the teachers are great. Caring, I think the principle really cares about each child. Challenging, The work the kids bring home signals they are being held to a high standard. My only qualm used to be that they seemed to charge for a lot of things like dress down days... but they seemed to ease up on that this year and use them more as a reward.

Last modified Riverbend Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.