Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted May 09, 2016
Overall, this school really lacks qualified certified teachers that are well organized and really care about their students and know how to be diverse in teaching styles. Unfortunately, I have had bad experiences for my child that has a IEP plan only to find out that he has not been getting the additional support that he is supposed to be getting in classroom. It is very upsetting to find out that my child hasn't been getting his IEP speech services plus learned that he has been sitting in class all day not getting assistance with assignments. He will come home with guided classroom assignments not completed. Of course the Special education coordinator and the teacher both flat out lie making it appear my child is really learning and progressing only to find out once he gets home that he hasn't learned zero all day in class. Also, I realized that they just been passing my child which is a major disservice to him. I will tell any parent to avoid this school not as it appears to be.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 09, 2016
The teachers are not experience therefore they cannot be effective. They need well rounded experience teachers who are willing to educate and know how to be diverse for their students.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 09, 2016
They really need an experienced leader for each classroom to design a thorough lesson plan for each grade level. Majority of the assignments is sent home with no real explanation on how to do it.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 09, 2016
Majority of the teachers are not determined to teach its students. My son grades have been all lies just to pass him because he has a IEP plan not taking the time to really educate him.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 09, 2016
No I don't because they should treat each student fairly by making sure if they take students with special needs that they have the resources to assist them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 09, 2016
How can a school develop honesty, integrity and fairness in its students when all they have done is make a child IEP plan look like he is achieving when he has not

Riverbend Prep 2

Posted February 27, 2015
My kids have been going to this school for the first time, and yes the rating is very low and I can say that it certainly matches correctly. Classroom teachers seem to be lacking organization and communication between teachers, students, and parents. There is very little involvement with community, we've only done couple of times within 6 months. We do like the teachers as people they're great but really when we ask our kids what they're doing in school, they never know what's going on we can only guess by looking at the papers they bring or at Paragon nights they do once a month (which is a great idea but only one grade at a time). I would keep the kids in this school if the rating was much better, but I don't see improvement. By the way the gym walls need to be fixed, we started the year good, but now coming to the gym for meetings or picking up kids is like going through the constructions zone, it's embarrassing.

Posted February 08, 2015
I am so disappointed in the experience that I as a parent have seen at this school. My child has been through 5 teachers since the first day of school, with this last change I did not receive a call, letter, email or any type of acknowledgement to inform me of the change. How is this beneficial to my child or the children in the class. A child should not have to adjust to 5 different styles of teaching for 1 class. Charter schools are supposed to be known for the academic structure that they offer to their students, this school has failed to do so in this situation. They offer no sports for the children to join or music for the Jr. High level students. I feel I was sold a "lemon" from a very smooth talking car salesman AKA the principal. Its sad because the majority of the staff that I have come in contact with are very caring and give their all to the students. This school could have lots of potential if they were provide with a better leader. I would give this school no stars but in order to submit this post I have to give it at least 1.

Riverbend Prep 5

Posted July 07, 2014
My school is..... Creative, the teachers are great. Caring, I think the principle really cares about each child. Challenging, The work the kids bring home signals they are being held to a high standard. My only qualm used to be that they seemed to charge for a lot of things like dress down days... but they seemed to ease up on that this year and use them more as a reward.

Posted June 07, 2014
worst school ever my child got bullied by children and the staff and nothing was done about it.

5625 S. 51st Ave, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Riverbend Prep is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.