Posted December 03, 2013
This school is awful, they cannot keep teachers employed and they cannot keep bullying under control or the amount of cursing that the kids run around speaking. Do yourself a favor and don't send your kids to this school.

Rogers Ranch School 2

Posted November 22, 2013
I made the mistake of pulling my child out of a good Charter School because I was excited a new school was opening near my home. It turned out to be a HUGE mistake. In the first few months of school several teachers quit. My child s teacher was one of them. The ONLY communication we received from the school about him leaving was a letter HE sent home 1 week before his last day. After he left the school did NOT keep parents informed of what was going on. The class was left with a substitute who was not teaching, for a couple months. What made me pull my child from Rogers was teacher conferences this year. We were shuffled through and all they did was hand us the grades with a brief explanation. When I tried to engage in conversation about my child s progress and goals the 8th grade teacher sitting across from seemed annoyed and ready for the conversation to over. We never got to speak to the teacher she was having the most trouble with. It was explained that the 4 teachers split up and he was busy with other parents. Maybe one day Rogers Ranch can work out the kinks and become a better school.

Rogers Ranch School 4

Posted September 25, 2013
I really like this school. The school isn't the problem some of the parents are. They do not punish their children and let them do whatever they want.

Rogers Ranch School 5

Posted June 06, 2013
I have a child that attends Roger's Ranch and I was very pleased with his teacher and the staff this year. With the school in its first year I know there were issues with a new staff, but the principal handled every situation professionally. She was very visible on campus and in the community. My son enjoyed the fact that he had access to so much technology, which I know was a vision of the principal, Mrs. Heller since I attended the community meetings. I was very upset to find out that she is leaving and she will be missed. I hope her vision for Roger's Ranch is continued with the new staff.

Rogers Ranch School 5

Posted June 06, 2013
The school is not the problem, the neighborhood is! My husband and I moved to the area from out of state without fully researching the neighborhood (our biggest mistake - our home is currently up for sale). Too many parents and children here have no respect for property, education or for each other. The neighborhood is riddled with crime, gangs, drugs and weapons. Thanks to Mrs. Heller's vision, the school has the latest and greatest in technology. Her forward thinking by looking at other schools, probably led her to the decision to not allow backpacks. There are many other schools that do not allow backpacks and/or do not have lockers. I can only guess the reason being the ability to control the amount of weapons/drugs being brought to school as well as preventing the lose of ipads and/or laptops from being stolen. My daughter carries a small purse for her school supplies (pens, pencils, rulers, etc.) and her "privates". Maybe if more parents were involved, attended meetings and asked questions, they may understand why certain decisions are made. I feel sorry for the new principal, he has no idea what he's in for and will have some very big shoes to fill.

Rogers Ranch School 4

Posted May 07, 2013
I have a child at Rogers Ranch. I am very happy with the school. I am very active in my daughters class. Her teacher is amazing and always willing to go the extra mile to insure my child has a great education. Mrs Heller is always available to talk to me about any of my concerns... which is normally the older students on campus. She seems to address the issues quickly and with compassion. Since I am so active in my daughters class I have noticed there is a large lack of parent involvement, I feel if parents would take the time to participate in their students education the outcome for the child is much larger. When I attend the PTO meetings it is normally just 2-3 parents MAX. The front office staff is always upbeat and able to help with any questions. I feel the largest issue with this school is not the staff or admin but the lack of parent involvement. My daughter will attend until we no longer live in the area.

Posted April 30, 2013
As all parents were excited about the opening of Rodgers Ranch Elementary school...now its just a major disappointment! I regret having my child enrolled in this school, and definitely my child will not be returning. The principle is all talks and can't handle the pressure. My child attends kinder there and her teacher is great, but she is absent at least once or twice a month, to the point where the students in her class realizes it. The front office staff is a joke as well, we had some issues that we needed the principals attention right away a few weeks ago, but we were brushed off like it wasn't important by the secretary. But their importance was showing off each others tattoo! There is way too many bad kids in that school, and during end of day the kids are just running wild in the hall ways and down and up the stairs, I almost got run over by the kids, there should be a hall way monitor or something, the dirty list goes on...ultimately we are very dissatisfied with this school it don't even deserve a star!!!

Posted January 21, 2013
At first i was excited to have a school within walking distance of my house but now i find myself seeking other options. I think the principal means well but is really not in control of her staff. I have had to come to her on several occasions and have never felt completely satisfied with the outcome. They seem to be constantly changing school rules without any parents having a say and it has gotten to the point were i feel my childs education is been gambled with because her 6th grade teacher seems more concerned with his image of a great teacher to the other staff and really doing his job by my child and her classmates. Did i mention my 4th grader has had over 4 teachers and numerous substitutes? I had to bring it to the principals attention by the middle of September that my child was still not bringing in homework and i was concerned that do to their lack of staff he may not be at the same level as the rest of the 4th grade.

Rogers Ranch School
6735 S. 47th Avenue, Laveen, AZ  85339
(602) 304-2030
Last modified Rogers Ranch School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rogers Ranch School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top