Laveen, AZ

Posted August 08, 2014
I honestly have to saybthis school was good untill dr.leavy Came and changedd the school. But the interesting story Is that some of the teachers here dont really instructct You well enough for you to understand. And also there is A big problem with disrespect from the techers and as the students Have to go under conduct of S.O.A.R why dont the teachers Have to do this either. It is disapointing that such a great School tearned into a mess after 4 years this school should Learn from there mistakes. And also I have seen techers do favorites With students especially students that are males and miss behave Alot I see teachers buying them McDonald's every other week and If you fix these problems I will be glad as a student too go back too laveen elementary Thank you this school nedds alittle fixing but its a grwat school

Laveen Elementary School 5

Posted January 09, 2014
This is my son's 2nd year at Laveen Elementary School. We have found that the staff is very much involved with after school functions. He has had excellent teachers and the principle makes it a point to get to know both the students and the parents who attend the functions. We LOVE this school.

Posted December 06, 2013
This school is great! This is my first year here, I have a 7th grader at Laveen and its such a relive all the posited things my child has to say about his teachers about how they are more caring compare to his previous school. It makes me happy as a parent to see how motivated my child is about his future just because of the way the teachers are teaching. He wont stop talking about what he learn that day in Social Studies and how his Language Arts teacher teaches with a fun attitude and Math is actually fun. I like the Leadership Program that they currently have, it allows my child to be more proactive and become a leader. They have a selections of afterschool activities and clubs that makes it easy as a parent to keep our kids active. I would recommend this school to anyone that is planning on moving to Laveen. Come and check it out!

Posted November 23, 2013
This was the worst school ever!! My child has been out of here for 2 years and he still gets upset over all the issues at this school.. I feel awful I let him go here for two years.. He did like his teacher and had him both years.. The classes are loud not a good learning environment. My child was bullied and ran from two fights I told him to stand up for himself he did and got suspended the bully did not because he had ADHD and that would take paper work for the school before they could punish him and the school didn't have time for that .. But it was okay to change my child's life.. Ugh please look elsewhere..

Posted August 26, 2013
This school is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. My son goes there for special education pre-k and and he has regressed in his abilities. He constantly is peeing his pants after school when before this school he had NO accidents ever. He took the bus and they told be he was too cried too much to ride the bus anymore. Ya he's autistic he doesn't like the mean people who ride the bus, but to tell me he can't ride it? B.S! The teachers are nice enough but the the office staff is rude and though the teachers are nice it doesn't seem like they are qualified for teacher a child with special needs. I will be withdrawing my child from this school and I would suggest finding a alternative if you are thinking of bringing your child there!

Posted November 20, 2012
I am nervous after reading all these reviews...... I am relocating from NY and have faced the EXACT issues from the school I am withdrawing my 5yr old from! I am shocked at these reviews ,saddened even because I was hoping for a more docile school environment! I am impressed with the "B" report card grade as the school we are moving from has an "F". I will pray all works out and that my New York mentality can stay tucked away! :)

Posted October 20, 2012
This is the most pathetic school I have ever attended! The teachers can't do a thing about the unruly children. Even the "mature" 7th and 8th graders act as though they are five. They teach to the lowest common denominator and just pass on students who obviously need to repeat the grade. My best freind their was expelled for self defense!? They told him he should tell the teachers next time but, what can you do when your cornered by an idiotic, bullying, kid. The teachers try to control the kids but, they can't enforce the rules very well, the sxhool punishment ought to go back to the paddle. Honestly, parents, don't even consider this school, It isn't going to challenge you little Einstein nor will it provide a safe learning environment for your child.

Posted October 18, 2012
My 2 kids just started here about a month ago. My son has come home with blood on his shirt and arm from being punched in the mouth and nooo teacher saw anything. My son has also come home with bruises on his back due to a boy in his class that punched, kicked, slapped and also thew his body on my son while he was down on the ground crying not doing anything to this other boy because of fear that he would get in trouble at school and sent to ISD. When i ask my son did you tell anyone what happend he said the teacher said shhh the 2 times that he had attempted to say something. My daughter has been threatened on the bus by an older boy. My daughter is very friendly so she tried to make conversation with this boy about her loose tooth and he told her do you want me to punch the rest of your teeth out. My daughter is in kinder and my son in the 1st grade they were never subjected to this kind of violence at there previous school. These children at this school act like savages but I blame the parents that are not as involved as they should be. Parents need to show their children love. These children are possibly exibiting the same treatment that they are being given. What a shame

Laveen Elementary School 2

Posted September 14, 2012
According to my kids, teachers and staff are nice but students are unruly. Discipline needs to be enforce.

Posted August 21, 2012
My son in special needs and is attending preschool here. I think communication between parent and staff is as good as is can seeing that the teachers are very busy teaching. My son loves going to preschool. However I can say that there needs to better screening when choosing teacher aids in the class. My son had a incident in class ( it was resolved quickly) but the incident would not have happened if they screened better.

Laveen Elementary School
4141 W. McNeil Street, Laveen, AZ  85339
Last modified Laveen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laveen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top