Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I believe the teachers would be stellar if the district, consistent with school leadership held students accountable to academic standards

Amount of homework: Agree

students are passed through the system regardless of home work completion, so there really isn't a such thing as too much or too little home work at Laveen Elementary School

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is neither honesty, integrity, or fairness in non student performance being equal to actual student performance

Standards of education are not the priority of Laveen Elementary school or this district in the person of its Asst. Principal or the Asst. District Superintendent. Failed students (students that received a final school year grade of "F" in Core subjects such as Reading/Math) are regularly promoted to the next grade level without hesitation. This promotes student apathy, disrespect for education, and undermines the teacher's ability to control their classroom. This type of educational atmosphere also creates parental apathy and severely hinders parental involvement. What's exceptionally disheartening about this, is that this practice is rigorously defended by the Asst. District Superintendent even to the point where this senior ranking official is unable to articulate or justify how a failed student gets promoted to the next higher grade (even when the publicized district policy doesn't allow it) equal to a student that worked hard to be placed on the honor roll. This type of leadership promotes a culture of failure from the top to the last student in the district and paints a very dark future for the students and the future of this nation. Please, thoroughly weigh your options before enrolling in Laveen Elementary or the Laveen Elementary School District if you desire your child(ren) to be educated in a way where education is the priority and not merely a punchline.

I honestly have to saybthis school was good untill dr.leavy Came and changedd the school. But the interesting story Is that some of the teachers here dont really instructct You well enough for you to understand. And also there is A big problem with disrespect from the techers and as the students Have to go under conduct of S.O.A.R why dont the teachers Have to do this either. It is disapointing that such a great School tearned into a mess after 4 years this school should Learn from there mistakes. And also I have seen techers do favorites With students especially students that are males and miss behave Alot I see teachers buying them McDonald's every other week and If you fix these problems I will be glad as a student too go back too laveen elementary Thank you this school nedds alittle fixing but its a grwat school

The school is always looking for activities to involve the parents and fund the school. The teachers are very caring and put their best efforts to help the students.

This is my son's 2nd year at Laveen Elementary School. We have found that the staff is very much involved with after school functions. He has had excellent teachers and the principle makes it a point to get to know both the students and the parents who attend the functions. We LOVE this school.

This school is great! This is my first year here, I have a 7th grader at Laveen and its such a relive all the posited things my child has to say about his teachers about how they are more caring compare to his previous school. It makes me happy as a parent to see how motivated my child is about his future just because of the way the teachers are teaching. He wont stop talking about what he learn that day in Social Studies and how his Language Arts teacher teaches with a fun attitude and Math is actually fun. I like the Leadership Program that they currently have, it allows my child to be more proactive and become a leader. They have a selections of afterschool activities and clubs that makes it easy as a parent to keep our kids active. I would recommend this school to anyone that is planning on moving to Laveen. Come and check it out!

This was the worst school ever!! My child has been out of here for 2 years and he still gets upset over all the issues at this school.. I feel awful I let him go here for two years.. He did like his teacher and had him both years.. The classes are loud not a good learning environment. My child was bullied and ran from two fights I told him to stand up for himself he did and got suspended the bully did not because he had ADHD and that would take paper work for the school before they could punish him and the school didn't have time for that .. But it was okay to change my child's life.. Ugh please look elsewhere..

This school is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. My son goes there for special education pre-k and and he has regressed in his abilities. He constantly is peeing his pants after school when before this school he had NO accidents ever. He took the bus and they told be he was too cried too much to ride the bus anymore. Ya he's autistic he doesn't like the mean people who ride the bus, but to tell me he can't ride it? B.S! The teachers are nice enough but the the office staff is rude and though the teachers are nice it doesn't seem like they are qualified for teacher a child with special needs. I will be withdrawing my child from this school and I would suggest finding a alternative if you are thinking of bringing your child there!

Last modified Laveen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.