Public charter
Litchfield Park, AZ

Posted August 27, 2014
We are extremely proud of what our students have accomplished, the enormous parental support, the dedication from our teachers, and of course, the tremendous hard work from all our wonderful students. The Department of Education gives every school PRACTICE AIMS TESTS which every school uses. Our tests like in all schools, remain locked up until the first day of testing. Thank you to all of the parents who informed and congratulated us about the report in the Arizona Republic! Based on information provided to them from the Arizona Department of Education, they have named Crown School #1 Charter School in the Phoenix Metro Area! :) :) :)

Crown Charter School 1

Posted August 26, 2014
Someone wrote a comment about the AIMS scores, let me tell you as a former teacher there. The teachers look at the AIMS test before they give it to their students (They are not allowed to look at the tests). Then they go back to their classes and redo their lesson plans and teach what is on the AIMS test. So that is BS on the scores for this school. Trust me, I know.

Posted August 21, 2014
The start of every school year begins with a new set of challenges. By getting to know my new students and getting an idea of where they are academically. I have to remember that my students haven t been in school for three months. Since we are now in the groove of things and have developed our procedures. I have seen my students begin to shine and blossom. We are playing a lot of games and hands on learning my students are soaring and mastering their foundation of phonics and addition. I am extremely proud of the growth my students have made in just short amount of time. I am looking forward to all of the new innovative things that we have come up with over the summer. Every day I am looking at how I can make a lesson fun and exciting for my students.

Crown Charter School 1

Posted August 21, 2014
Scary a teacher would post a review with two incomplete sentences (phrases) and a run-on. College educated?!

Crown Charter School 3

Posted August 18, 2014
My child is just entering Kindergarten and it has been an OK transition. Being new to a charter school, the 'closed' campus is a new concept for me and uncertain how I feel about not being able to have lunch or walk my child to class. I am also not able to walk and pick up my child from their Enrichment Program class. This is one thing I would say is completely different from a public school, especially for a Kindergartner that is just starting a school system. There also has been a teacher change within the 1st week of school. Noticed sent home mentioned the previous teacher deciding a new career path (strange that a career path change can be determine in one week) Would have been nice if the school organized a 'Meet the Teacher' day for us parents and students prior to having a new teacher introduced to class vs having a note sent home the day before. Hope this is just a small bump in the road and will be hopeful for a great year.

Posted July 30, 2014
This school is great. I can't wait for my son to start 1st grade in a few days. They truly love him there and they care about all the students.

Posted June 17, 2014
What a wonderful school. This school put on a "Kids Rock Concert" and didn't even charge admission. The Concert was outstanding. The look on my daughter's face was so precious. Her eyes were wide with excitement and she was right up front with all the other kids singing along and dancing. I couldn't quit smiling. Ms. TC is the greatest! She did this for our kids. She is always doing something good for thiem. I volunteer at the school and I see how much she cares and gently encouraged the children who were having difficulties and she taught me how to tutor them. There are hundreds of parents who are very pleased with Crown school and I am one of them. Volunteer and you will see how good Ms. TC is to the kids and the teachers. We love her and the school. Have a beautiful day.

Posted June 13, 2014
I am a teacher at Crown School and am thrilled with how much the 2nd grade classes have accomplished this year. Our interactive lessons and the way our teaching engages the students to be active participants in their own education allows for them to reach higher levels. This year our students were focusing on oral interpretation of literature where they engulfed the words written and incorporated body language when reading. It was very successful and raised their comprehension tremendously. Because our students mastered their multiplication facts, they were able to qualify for Crown Schools 30 second Club which earned them a trophy at the end of the year. They loved that! They also researched animals and were assigned to create a diorama that represented their habitats. Their dioramas were amazing!!!! We can t wait to present this opportunity to your children. You will not be disappointed!

Posted June 13, 2014
I am a Kindergarten Teacher at Crown Charter School. I have been at Crown for 8 years now. It has been a great journey for me. Thanks to our wonderful curriculum director I have grown so much and am now a Master Teacher. I have been able to see ALL of my students succeed. At this school we DO NOT leave not one child behind. We work at every student s level. This year, my students finished the school year reading at a first grade level. They were adding up to the thousands!! I took my students a step farther in creative writing. We came up with a word bank together and these Amazing students wrote their own creative story about a picture. It was amazing to see.

Posted June 13, 2014
Part 2: We reinforce phonics and we do choral reading everyday to ensure that our students feel confident in their reading abilities and never feel put on the spot to read in front of the entire class. Our reading groups are fun and keep the students engaged! By the end of the year, my students were multiplying and dividing by sevens and had amazing cursive handwriting! I am so proud of every accomplishment that my students make that I can t even focus on just one! Every year I spend time looking back at the previous class and remembering all of the fun we had playing games and learning. It is so great to see them grow and excel in school and to see that they have found that love of learning that I try to instill in all of them.

Crown Charter School
12450 W Maryland Ave, Litchfield Park, AZ  85340
Last modified Crown Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crown Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 153 reviews. Top