Litchfield Park, AZ
After care: No

Posted July 31, 2013
This school so far is completely amazing. I'm in the Honors program & the teachers are definitely awesome. Teachers will teach at the best, & will challenge you as well as be the best teacher you can have. Teachers are also fun but will have to be strict which is what you should look for in every teacher! There are so many after school activities & clubs that you could join, & WCMS is just completely awesome with what they can offer you. Students who struggle with homework have the opportunity to get help, & I struggled in Math, so I was able to go to a teacher in the mornings to have homework help. There is also homework lab but I'm no sure other grades have had the opportunity. This school is really fun, & makes you want to go to school everyday. That's just how fun it is. (:

Posted July 30, 2013
Wigwam Creek is a great school. My daughter attended for 3 years and my son is currently a student at Wigwam Creek. I am thankful for the teachers and coaches that have worked with my children and inspired them.

Posted July 17, 2013
Wigwam Creek is a great place to send your child for 6th-8th Grade. The curriculum is rigorous, the staff genuinely cares about children, and there are so many opportunities to get your child involved in clubs, sports and activities. I will definitely be sending my child here.

Posted August 15, 2012
A+ ? More Like Popularity Contest. That is what it was all about at wcms i didnt enjoy it at all i graudted 2 years ago and I am Happier than ever that im gone, Bullying was not handled the way it should have, teachers had there quote one quote "favorites" detentions were handed out to the non favorites like if it was candy. Basically if ur not the Smartest, or Coolest , Or non active , or not the IT kid DONT GO !!!!!!!!!!!!! plain and simple yes i was a cool kid and everything and very well know , but only ONE TEACHER LIKE ME ON A SIDE and at least i think she did , but it took me 3 years to turn into somebody I was not . But if you are not Anyof those above dont waist ur time and emotions for them its not worth it ur better off somewhere else . well GOOD LUCK

Posted February 10, 2012
The teachers do not like to communicate with parents. I developed a 504 plan solely for the purpose of forcing my daughters teachers to keep me updated on assignments. She has ADHD and most of the time doesn't recall having unfinished assignments. Teachers refuse to give me this information without a 504 that federally mandates they must. It's ridiculous to have to take such measures just for a little communication. They insist assignments are posted on teacher web pages and the online grade book.Too bad the teacher pages are rarely up to date and often the grade book is closed. They won't even follow the 504 plan unless I constantly complain. Funny though, they are very quick to hand out detentions when she doesn't complete assignments! Go figure! If you are looking for a school with teachers who genuinely care about your child's success, you won't find them at Wigwam. I had 1 of her teachers tell me he thinks they do enough & shouldn't have to do any more. This is my second child in this school and it has been the same lack of communication. I have often heard over the years that they are trying to prepare kids for the years ahead...I just wish they would prepare them for today!

Posted November 30, 2011
This is one of the best schools in the West Valley for many reasons. This is not a "warm n fuzzy" school, however "warm n fuzzy" is not what a student needs to be prepared for high school. The teachers are very knowledgable in their content areas and it shows! The administration listens to parent concerns and welcomes feedback. There are many activities that are available for the kids in every area of interest. The communication from both the principal and the teachers is absolutely amazing! I would like to see more "getting to know you" events for the kids because I do feel like the kids may not know each other very well. HOwever, over all this is one great school!

Posted May 28, 2011
I have a child in sixth grade honors, and I have been very pleased. The teachers challenged her and helped her reach her full potential, something that very few schools before her were able to do. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities and she seemed to really enjoy her learning environment.

Posted March 11, 2011
I have two students who have attended Wigwam Creek in the Honors program. The program gave excellent preparation for high school, particularly in mathematics. The teachers are excellent and know how to plans lessons that engage the adolescent learner. Extra-curricular activities and sports are offerred along with high caliber elective classes.

Posted February 10, 2011
Curriculum is outdated. Advanced children are not challanged, because of others just keep falling further behind. Leadership does not address the concerns of the parents.

Wigwam Creek Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
Wigwam Creek Middle School wasn't a school I enjoyed sending my children to every day. The school's environment is very biased, and teachers and administrators always have "favorites". I am not saying this because my children were treated as the lesser compared to others, but they were in fact all the teachers' favorites. Even they thought it was unfair. Although WCMS has an A+ status, that doesn't mean they deserve it. The week before the A+ evaluators came, they cleaned everything up and bought new things, and even tried to drill good behavior into the kids. I believe that to be a false exterior; one that was never kept up. Bottom Line: Unless your children are perfect A+ students or those who play sports, they aren't going to get the same treatment as those who are more involved.

Wigwam Creek Middle School
4510 N. 127th Ave, Litchfield Park, AZ  85340
Last modified Wigwam Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wigwam Creek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top