Litchfield Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 825 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 20, 2014

Kindergarten teacher was great second grade teacher great if your lucky to have the teacher we had but I will say the majority of the parents there are so snooty therefor snooty kids. Alot of the parents act like they are so much better than the next person.(fake too) Ruins it for the few really nice parents there. Those parents will only drop off their kids if its in front of the door or gate entrance instead of driving up all the way that you are suppose to so they create long lines.

Posted October 8, 2013

My kid is in Pre-School. Ever since she started has become more social and improved her communication skills. Her teacher gave a detailed insight over her classroom behavior which is very helpful to work those areas at home.

Posted September 8, 2013

I attended LESD 10 years ago and absolutely loved every minute I was there. My teacher Mrs. Petty was the best teacher I ever had. LESD is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it to all parents in the area.

Posted August 8, 2013

To the parent of the autistic child. My son is also autistic. He excelled beyond my wildest dreams. He was ultimately transferred to general population pre-k along with some of his peers and his growth and development continue to amaze me. My other son has been attending since kinder and I cannot say enough about Mrs. Nowell. She rocks!!!! She is honest, genuinely loving, strict, and understanding. Both Kim Hill and Mrs. Nowell dealt with it appropriately and kept it moving!!! I get daily reports via email on my boys progress and his challenges. I will make sure my boys stay in the litchfield school district through out their student careers. Ms. Hartwick is also the bomb!!! The only time I have ever seen her in her office is when I had a conference with her. Other than that she is in the trenches even during the summer months you can see her and her umbrella ushering our little angles from point A to point B and C if necessary. I absolutely love that they apply appropriate levels of discipline and follow it up by an equal amount of love. Both of my boys know what is expected of them and they voluntarily strive to meet and exceed those goals. LES ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 1, 2013

Litchfield Elementary school has been dedicated to providing excellent academic and character education for decades. I am grateful that my grandson has the opportunity to take advantage of all the Litchfield School District has to offer.

Posted May 16, 2013

The new traditional academy should be a big plus for the school and the district. It's quite competitive to get a slot. However, all the kids in the traditional school are supposed to be working at grade level and not a discliplinary problem. It doesn't seem that this has been very strictly applied. We'll find out for sure next year.

Posted November 14, 2012

Great School, Great staff!! My daughter is doing really good there, and the teachers are awsome!

Posted February 21, 2012

My daughter was varianced at Litchfield El. for her entire primary education. The teachers are great, administration is great, academics are great. Wonderful community involvement and support. Nice to see families who care about their kids and their kids' academics. If there is ANY problem at all, it is the politics played by the little snooty Mommy group known as the PTSA. They do a great job of fund raising, but refuse to spend their $60k plus on the kids. There are several projects that have been approved and fund raised for (playground equip, stage sound system, landscaping, gopher removal, etc....) yet the PTSA hangs on to the money and fights over which husbands' company gets to do the work. the PTSA needs to be wiped out and started over again. Great school, they PTSA just needs to stop handcuffing the Principal and do what is best for the KIDS!!!

Posted July 7, 2011

Reading the last two reviews makes me scratch my head. As an active parent and a PTA member I know these parents made little effort to get to know the principal who is very open to meeting parents. My son child bullied also. Within a DAY the bully was left off a field trip. Immediate action was taken by the teacher and principal. The staff make a great effort to help all students succeed. I volunteer and I see this happening. The school has some of the the smallest class size I have seen in public schools, so to say there is 'too many kids' means they have not researched class sizes in AZ at all. This is a great school but like any school a parent needs to be involved and get to know their teachers.

Posted June 9, 2011

If you have a choice, don't send your kid to this school. They don't care about the children. Everything is black and white with them. Your kid is either good for them or bad for them, either way it's all about them. They give up on kids who aren't perfect. The reason they're highly performing isn't because they're a good school it's because most kids are there on variances and they deny kids who need any extra effort to highly perform.

Posted June 3, 2011

I heard so many great things about this school so I applied for a variance and was thrilled that my son was accepted. It appears to be a good school on the outside. It's very cute, they have a helper-dog that is on campus, and the openness is gorgeous. It's all appearance though. They fail big time on academic and social education. There was a bully in my sons class, reported by several parents, and nothing came of it. They never gave me an honest report of how my son was doing, telling me he was fine, a great helper, great student, etc. etc. until variance renewal when I find out he's been getting in trouble all year. Then they sent a hugely insulting, extremely unprofessional letter to me about him. (For the record, I've never heard from anyone that my son has been a bad kid until the last weeks of school there). Academically, they have too many kids and don't challenge the kids to work at their own pace, kids get bored or frustrated waiting for other students to catch up. They don't have a strict grading system to let parents (or kids) track their kids progress, but they expect the kids to know where they stand. Overall, I'm glad my son will be going to a new school next year.

Posted March 15, 2011

I am a parent at LES and I teach an after school Drama program to the students. I am very excited and proud to be apart of the education of our future leaders of the world. LES is a great school and I hope to continue providing a Theatre Arts program at the school. The teachers are great and the school offers fun outside events for community. Every year they hold a Fall Carnival that is very impressive and "A LITTLE DRAMA" students dance to THRILLER! It is so much fun!

Posted November 3, 2010

I think Litchfield stands out as a better school in AZ. The principal is very visible and willing to listen and the teachers care very much for the students. The parents are a mixed bag, the PTA is not too visible, and the Litchfield Park residents come across as particularly unwilling to help.

Posted February 8, 2009

My husband and I can't say enough great things about this school! We have a son in 1st grade and a daughter in 2nd. They both love this school and as a family we have been impressed with all of projects and programs offered. The children work at their own pace and are evaluated often for appropriate placement. Both children are learning above grade level. The Principal is very friendly and visible on campus daily. We are very pleased with our choice in schools!

Posted February 8, 2009

My grand daughter who is in 1st grade has attended Litchfield Elementary for her full day Kindergarten and 1st grade as of 2-9-2009. I have nothing but praise for the staff and administration at this school. I am a retired teacher who has taught for 38 years in grades 1-12; and can professionally state that I have observed nothing but caring loving teachers who are teaching with great skills. The Principal also is doing an outstanding job with the same love and caring attitude. This is truly an outstanding school and we are most thankful that our granddaughter has been able to attend.

Posted November 10, 2008

My son is autistic. Since starting the special education pre-k program at this school he has regressed steadily. He fears going to school! the school is unwilling to budge on iep goals or recommendations by parents. There are no tyical peers avalable for pre-k special education programs so they apparently do not care about providing a FAPE. I am in the process of removing my child from this school and homeschooling because it is so bad! if you have a special neeeds child please beware!

Posted October 9, 2008

We are thrilled with our Son's achievements in 4th grade during his first full school year at an U.S. School. The tremendous support he received from his Class teacher and the School at all is absolute remarkable. He is still a ESL student and we look forward to his 5th grade year with great optimism.

Posted June 24, 2008

Our son just finished kindergarten at LES and we had a wonderful experience. Mrs. Ellis is and was an amazing teacher for our son. I can't say enough about Mrs. Ellis she is one of the best teachers and she had such a positive impact on our son. The staff at LES is great. The parents are very involved and we are looking forward to first grade.

Posted May 28, 2008

I am so pleased with this school! My son just finished 1st grade here and I am thrilled at how well he has done. The teachers really seem to care about the children and it shows! This school has a very 'one great big happy family' feel to it and I am proud that my child attends Litchfield.

Posted February 27, 2008

I'm on my third child attending LES and remain thrilled that we've had the opportunity to send our children there. Quality teachers and a lot of parent involvement as well as strong leadership have kept this school on track and will continue to do so. GREAT school!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian 4% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 2%N/A46%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

255 E. Wigwam Blvd