Bad
Good

Snobby Snobby Snobby!! I was simply trying to set up an appointment with this school to view there grounds and meet some of the teachers and I was told that they would never interrupt the classes( really, its the last week of school) and I could only do this at an open house. I understand that there are certain polices that have to be followed, but if the office personnel has an attitude, I can only imagine what the rest of the staff is like. Get over yourself!

Kindergarten teacher was great second grade teacher great if your lucky to have the teacher we had but I will say the majority of the parents there are so snooty therefor snooty kids. Alot of the parents act like they are so much better than the next person.(fake too) Ruins it for the few really nice parents there. Those parents will only drop off their kids if its in front of the door or gate entrance instead of driving up all the way that you are suppose to so they create long lines.

My kid is in Pre-School. Ever since she started has become more social and improved her communication skills. Her teacher gave a detailed insight over her classroom behavior which is very helpful to work those areas at home.

I attended LESD 10 years ago and absolutely loved every minute I was there. My teacher Mrs. Petty was the best teacher I ever had. LESD is a wonderful school and I highly recommend it to all parents in the area.

To the parent of the autistic child. My son is also autistic. He excelled beyond my wildest dreams. He was ultimately transferred to general population pre-k along with some of his peers and his growth and development continue to amaze me. My other son has been attending since kinder and I cannot say enough about Mrs. Nowell. She rocks!!!! She is honest, genuinely loving, strict, and understanding. Both Kim Hill and Mrs. Nowell dealt with it appropriately and kept it moving!!! I get daily reports via email on my boys progress and his challenges. I will make sure my boys stay in the litchfield school district through out their student careers. Ms. Hartwick is also the bomb!!! The only time I have ever seen her in her office is when I had a conference with her. Other than that she is in the trenches even during the summer months you can see her and her umbrella ushering our little angles from point A to point B and C if necessary. I absolutely love that they apply appropriate levels of discipline and follow it up by an equal amount of love. Both of my boys know what is expected of them and they voluntarily strive to meet and exceed those goals. LES ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Litchfield Elementary school has been dedicated to providing excellent academic and character education for decades. I am grateful that my grandson has the opportunity to take advantage of all the Litchfield School District has to offer.

The new traditional academy should be a big plus for the school and the district. It's quite competitive to get a slot. However, all the kids in the traditional school are supposed to be working at grade level and not a discliplinary problem. It doesn't seem that this has been very strictly applied. We'll find out for sure next year.

Great School, Great staff!! My daughter is doing really good there, and the teachers are awsome!

My daughter was varianced at Litchfield El. for her entire primary education. The teachers are great, administration is great, academics are great. Wonderful community involvement and support. Nice to see families who care about their kids and their kids' academics. If there is ANY problem at all, it is the politics played by the little snooty Mommy group known as the PTSA. They do a great job of fund raising, but refuse to spend their $60k plus on the kids. There are several projects that have been approved and fund raised for (playground equip, stage sound system, landscaping, gopher removal, etc....) yet the PTSA hangs on to the money and fights over which husbands' company gets to do the work. the PTSA needs to be wiped out and started over again. Great school, they PTSA just needs to stop handcuffing the Principal and do what is best for the KIDS!!!

Reading the last two reviews makes me scratch my head. As an active parent and a PTA member I know these parents made little effort to get to know the principal who is very open to meeting parents. My son child bullied also. Within a DAY the bully was left off a field trip. Immediate action was taken by the teacher and principal. The staff make a great effort to help all students succeed. I volunteer and I see this happening. The school has some of the the smallest class size I have seen in public schools, so to say there is 'too many kids' means they have not researched class sizes in AZ at all. This is a great school but like any school a parent needs to be involved and get to know their teachers.

Last modified Litchfield Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.