PK-5 & Ungraded
Litchfield, AZ

Dreaming Summit Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
Coming from a school back East, the adjustment to schools here in AZ took a while to get used to. Thankfully, DSE has managed to do good. The only reason that I don't give them 5 stars is based on the fact that they stick way to close to Common Core for my liking. The Traditional Academy at DSE offers an alternative, but with only one class per grade level, it's limited. I adore the teachers that we've had. They've always been on top of things, and very open to parental involvement in the classroom. I agree that the before/after school traffic and lack of organization in that area, leaves you feeling frustrated, but don't judge a school on traffic patterns. The teachers are what make a school and they are all fantastic at DSE!

Dreaming Summit Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
i have two girls; both have gone to dreaming summit since kindergarten...one is currently in middle school and the other is finishing up her last year at dse. certainly with having children at the school for the last 6+ years there are a few incidents i wasn't pleased with, but i would definitely not let them define my total experience with the school or the staff. i think overall the staff are truly concerned with the students and community. the school is very involved with the community and do SO many activities throughout the year. The curriculum is good and the teaching methods used have always kept my kids involved and very interested in their studies. I do wish i would see homework more frequently to have a better idea of the subject matter on a more frequent basis.

Posted July 19, 2013
The Dreaming Summit Team is very excited for the upcoming school year. Our teachers have been studying and learning all summer long in preparation of another fantastic school. It is an honor to serve such a fabulous school. Our students, parents and staff members are loving and caring. This makes our school very special. We can not wait to see all of our families at Open House will be on Aug. 2nd from 4-6pm. Believing in Greatness. Principal Gunning

Posted July 17, 2013
Fantastic school with a huge amount of family evolvement! I cannot say enough wonderful things about DSE. The teachers go above and beyond to help each student. Mrs. Zuniga is a fantastic 2nd grade teacher, everyone hopes their child gets her but all the teachers are great. The principal Ms. Gunning is a strong leader and comes to almost all the family activities. Fantastic PTSA that helps fund the school in ways the district cannot afford to. Love, love, love this school!

Posted April 12, 2012
We have attended this school for the past 4 years and have had a wonderful experience. This last year my son has needed extra help because of ongoing illness and the teachers and administration have been so supportive and helpful. We have nothing but good things to say about Dreaming Summit!

Posted April 11, 2012
Dreaming Summit is an amazing school. My son transferred here after a terrible year/experience at Litchfield Elementary, and I couldn't be happier! My sons teacher is great. She keeps the lessons challenging for the kids, but still takes the time to work extra with those who need it. It's not just her, though, ALL of the teachers are extremely nice and welcoming. The school does a lot of fun events, and gives parents a lot of opportunities to meet other parents. The school is very organized too, always letting parents know about all events, homework, the kids progress, etc. I'm very happy here & highly recommend this school, and I expect a lot from schools.

Posted April 26, 2011
My daughter started at Dreaming Summit the year they opened and has moved on to Middle School. Her time at Dreaming Summit was amazing. The teachers were very caring and brought out her desire to learn. I also Have two sons currently attending Dreaming Summit and I must say, they too are receiving an excellent education by caring teachers that are gifted in motivation. I tell everyone that asks me about schools in Arizona, Dreaming Summit is best!

Posted October 25, 2010
My daughter is starting her second year at this school, and I have to say, this is definately one of the better schools and I am so happy we made the choice to send her here. My daughter was assigned to another school in another district and we currently have a variance for her to attend Dreaming Summit. She is doing great, learning a lot and truly enjoys going to school every day. There are lots of events for parents and families, I've always been able to reach her teachers with ease and everyone is friendly and keeps parents informed. Reading the reviews previously left, it is true, sometimes parking can be "busy" but I would not put so much of a focus on this when rating this school. Focus should not be on parking.

Posted August 03, 2010
This is the best school in Arizona, my son went to Crown Charter School and Heritage charter school both of them was not able to teach my son how to read or math Heritage even told me that my son would never be able to read, I enroll him in Dreaming summit my husband was not very happy because to him charter schools were better now he thanks me that I put him in this great school my son now reads very good and he is doing very good, he is happier and he can wait to go back before he used to ask me for one more day off school. I am very greatful to all the teachers that helped my son

Posted May 12, 2010
Keep up the good work Mrs. Vanica, you and your teachers are doing an awesome job! I love the email updates! I love the support of the community businesses, and have been dropping children off & picking them up for six school years. Never had a problem in the parking lot! For goodness sake parents! Really??? Pay attention to your childs education rather than worrying about valet parking! Tsk, tsk.

Dreaming Summit Elementary School
13335 West Missouri, Litchfield, AZ  85340
Last modified Dreaming Summit Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dreaming Summit Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top