Marana, AZ

Posted November 16, 2014
I attended this school from k- 5th grade and had a wonderful experience. I recently enrolled my daughter there for kindergarten and she loves it! I have been extremely pleased with roadrunner and wouldn't want my children anywhere else! Myself and a few other parents volunteer when possible but I would love to see more parents involved in their children's education. The students love when we come in and it's a very rewarding experience for the parent as well. Unlike some of the surrounding districts they still have music , computer class and p.e. and most importantly a library with an amazing librarian Mr. Ash! I volunteered during this year's book fair and had a blast working with him :) I also really like the way p.e. is taught at this school and the activities they do. My daughter struggles with some weight issues and since enrolled here is already getting better and comes home wanting to do activities she learned in her p.e. class! As for her general education she is one of the youngest in her class and is making straight a's. I couldn't be happier with roadrunner and am very thankful for all of the extremely dedicated staff members. :)

Posted June 22, 2014
My sons' teachers were always supportive and receptive to having me volunteer in their classrooms. The problem was that so few parents seemed available to help while following acceptable behaviors all the time. A parent should not bring their younger children to the school while they are there to volunteer. It disrupts the learning in the classroom. When I was unable to volunteer in the classroom teachers were happy to send work home for me to help with. The school has so many family nights throughout the school year that it really is up to the families just how involved they would like to be in the Roadrunner community. We attended math night, reading night, the birthday celebration, book fairs, graduation, Kind Kids celebrations, and many other activities that were available to families. The Roadrunner staff members are welcoming and helpful whenever I go into the school. I am happy to send my children to Roadrunner.

Roadrunner Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2014
The people whom work there DO NOT allow you to become involved with your childs Education and like to LIE TO PARENTS! Know and understand your right as a parent to become more involved with your childs Educational Needs!

Posted April 22, 2012
Great School!!! My daughter attended from 2nd thru 6th grade and now my son is in Kinder there. The staff is great. The principal and her staff are wonderfull. The school has been completely re done in the last year. It looks brand new. Plus they are putting all new technology into each classroom. My kids loved this school and the staff as well. That tells you something.

Roadrunner Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2011
This school is a mess. Teachers are not supported and many yell. The yelling is destructive to the students' sense of worth and ability. I know too many kids who come home defeated from this school. I immediately pulled one when I realized the severity of the situation there. The general aids yell as well and bullying is not dealt with on the playground. There are some really great teachers, but unfortunately they are a minority. I would not recommended this school. Hopefully they get some help and guidance! The kids there have great potential which is not being reached!

Posted January 24, 2011
The teachers here are awesome! My son was having a difficult time turning in homework and completing assignments at the beginning of the year and his grades were suffering as a result. The 6th grade teachers sat down with us and made several recommendations to help him. After reading a great book they gave my son and I (The Organized Student), he was able to find a way of organizing his work that worked best for him. He has brought all of his grades up and knows exactly where to find everything he needs. Thanks ladies!

Roadrunner Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2010
The teachers are generally dedicated, but inconsistency in discipline continues to be a problem in most grades. My kids have been in this school for years and this latest principal is obviously dedicated but not very effective at pulling the staff together and getting the district to allocate the resources it needs. This school needs a major overhaul in both staff (starting with the principal) and equipment.

Posted March 26, 2009
Teachers care about the kids and their community. My son is enjoys the school. I wish the classrooms had more computers and training aids.

Posted March 25, 2009
My child loves this school and is excited to go each morning.

Posted March 27, 2008

Roadrunner Elementary School
16651 W. Calle Carmela, Marana, AZ  85653
Last modified Roadrunner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roadrunner Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top