PK-5 & Ungraded
Maricopa, AZ

Posted February 06, 2014
This is a great school for my special needs child. He is making gains every day.

Maricopa Elementary School 3

Posted December 21, 2013
There are two ladies in the front office. The Hispanic one is nice and helpful. Can't say the same for the other. I have heard her be rude to other parents besides me. She wasn't to kid friendly with my children on the first day. I have an I'll child that is on a special diet. He was told by a teacher not to bring in certain things. I would of been ok if maybe she asked a parent why he had it or sent a note home. The nurses and vice president were nice and understanding. Mrs Abner is an awesome teacher. I wasn't even told ahead of time that when it rains the children only have half days. Hopefully things will get better and they get rid of the rude lady up front.

Posted November 05, 2013
I called the school to ask some questions. The security seemed like she just wanted to rush me off the phone. She didn't sound to welcoming either. I will for sure be looking for my children to go else where. Even if it is out my way.

Posted August 28, 2013
If you child is bullied or assaulted at Maricopa Elementary, don't expect the Administration to do a thing. My son was assaulted on 8/16/13 by another student that resulted in a concussion. The Administration's response: A "Disciplinary Action Form" was filled out. That is it. The aggressor was able to return to school immediately after the incident while my son sat in the ER. There were no Administrators there that day. But I was told by the Nurse, her Assistant and Jerry one of the Secretaries that this was a Zero Tolerance school and the other kid would be delt with. I beg you to take your child/ren elsewhere. The kids at this school are not safe. Not one single adult witnessed a huge group of kids surrounding my son laying on the ground crying!?! B.S. They wanted to sweep it under the rug

Posted April 29, 2012
Now that Reese is leaving and morale will be better next year and those of you who keep your kids there will hopefully see them come home happier because they aren't so bored anymore - simple things like recess and creativity may get be part of the school day again.

Maricopa Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2012
I am new to this school and therefore can only speak to what I've seen for the past few months. Reading the previous reviews I was struck by the thought "what a difference a year can make!" I am happy to report that I have seen teachers who are passionate about their profession, teachers who display professionalism and dedication, and teachers who really care about the success of each student. The character traits that are being taught to the students are modeled by the teachers. I'm excited that parent involvement is on the rise and am even more excited to be part of the positive changes that are taking place with the overall culture of the school. But don't just take my word for it, get involved, take part, and facilitate the advancement of our students and community and you'll be able to see for yourselves!

Posted September 01, 2011
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. My son went to this school and they lost him. Didn't call me and tell until he was missing for over 30 minutes. So of the teacher are good at this school but how the school in ran makes this school a bad school. So if your child safety is important to you don't send them to this school. If I could give them no stars I would!!!!

Posted August 03, 2011
There is misinformation that I need to make sure gets corrected. I am a teacher at this school and our scores did not go down. I am not sure where this parent got this information from. Indeed our scores were amazing!!!!! For the first time EVER MES made AYP!!! (Adequate Yearly Progress). The sour grapes (teachers) that were keeping our climate down, are finally gone and it already feels great. For the first time in the 5 years that i have worked here I am PROUD to be a part of this school. I now feel like I belong to a team and I can brag about being a good teacher. GO DIAMONDBACKS!!!!

Posted May 11, 2011
Fact#4- Our school has never had a traditional art program; however it is up to each individual teacher to incorporate art into meaningful lessons that are tied in with state standards. My students recently finished creating dioramas that were related to a book that we read, and they loved every minute of it. If you can t be creative and learn to make these art lessons meaningful for students than maybe you need to reevaluate yourself as a teacher and as a parent you need to be asking yourself what am I really sending my students to school for? If you d like to see us in action, just stop by. On May 12th our students will get to watch a play, May 13th we ll be receiving a special visit from a famous author, our Character Counts assembly is on May 18th, Academic awards assembly is May 19th, Talent Show,Water Day is May 23rd log onto www.youtube an check out the special visit that we had from the FOX Whirlybird!

Maricopa Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
What has happened at MES this year? These are some of my observations. Students are not being allowed to socialize @ lunch, very little science /social studies/art instruction, administration openly scolding students in front of their peers. The students/staff appear to be following rules based on fear and intimidation instead of learning to making positive choices. As a parent I feel communication is lacking. I hear of events only through sheer luck, & most of the time after the event. And the latest, rewarding students who did well on a test to have a dress fee day, the students who did not succeed were easily identified by their uniform clothing that day. Isn t this discriminatory? Next year, many parents I know will be moving their children to other schools & districts. They, like me, are witnessing a change in culture on this campus, one that is not favorable. Warm, caring & loving teachers are leaving because they too are unhappy, this is a travesty.

Maricopa Elementary School
18150 N Alterra Pkwy, Maricopa, AZ  85139
Last modified Maricopa Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maricopa Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top