Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Horrible school, lazy, unorganized, lack of communication, sad, poorly run, under funding, absolutely disgusting. Oh and very disappointing

I've had two daughters who attended this school , one who graduated and one in 10th grade . My daughter had an IEP which they never cared about and pushed me out of it but my daughter is doing excellent there now and I'm so glad . I wished they would change there IEP program cause it's horrible but other than that I think it's a good safe school .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

With the exception of Ms. J Miller and Ms. Persitz this school is lacking sufficient teaching.

I was a student here for four years, graduated in May of 2013. This, by far, was the worst school I'd been through. You have Fine Art majors teaching Science and Mathematics majors teaching English. The staff are incompetent and oblivious to situations. I was "sexually harassed" by a student of the same grade and opposite gender, a remark was made in the lunch line toward my friend, I told him to knock it off, all was overheard by security. For these situations, and fights, you have to have a mediation and quite literally discuss your feelings in an office with a counselor, an office secretary, and and security guard or student resource officer (local police officer). The teaching techniques are subpar in most cases and very "open your books to chapter thirteen and read, your homework will be the end of lesson quiz, due tomorrow." The teacher to student ratio is more like 24-28 to 1, according to friends' siblings that still holds true. Counselors do minimal amounts of counseling and prepping outside schedule alterations. Coming from a class of 333 students, we had about 10 who didn't graduate, and an additional handful who had a summer course but technically graduated with us. Where is the class of 2013 now? Several of them are college dropouts with a kid or two. Many are still working their Walmart and fast food jobs.

This school has shown impressive improvement and I am thrilled to she what step they are going to take in the future.

Horrible school it needs work my child came home everyday crying because she was bullied staff never did anything about it. So I took her out of school.

i will be going into my Sophomore year and over all this school has had there up's and down's. They have improves a lot since i moved out here and they still are improving there education process is good and they have a good after school program there sports are great. The teachers are caring and are there for you when you need them. All my teachers that i had my freshman year were so nice and awesome especially my english teacher. she has helped me with my writing and it keeps getting better and exciting maricopa high school is a fantastic high school.

This school needs a great deal of help, from fairness, equality and academics.. So glad we are done! I would never send another child there!

This high school is GREAT! I'm a freshman and I'm loving everyday. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are super nice! Junior: "So you're a sophomore?" Me:"No, Freshman." Junior:"It's all cool, what do you have next hour?" They're really friendly. Bus transportation - FREE! Teachers are great! I have the best teachers in the world right now. I just received my report card in the mail 2 days ago with a 4.00 GPA. The spirit that the school has is amazing! Every Friday is spirit day where a lot of people celebrate in the cafeteria. Pep rallies are always fun to go to. The buildings and computers are new and everyone walks around with a fresh feeling. Lockers are provided as well! The new gym,weight room, and locker room looks fantastic! The arts performing building is in construction and is also looking very nice. Overall this school is awesome! Go Rams!!!

MHS has been such a great choice for my child. After conteplating on wheter or not to send him to Tempe we chose to stay close to home. Thank goodness! The staff has been great and they are already preparing him for college in the 9th grade! We couldn't be happier and our student is suceeding and has excelled on Aims after 3 years at a maricopa middle school. I support MUSD and their staff!

Last modified Maricopa High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.