6-8 & Ungraded
Maricopa, AZ

Maricopa Wells Middle School 4

Posted November 09, 2014
We recently moved here from the Kyene District. Our child is now being challenged in their work since the change to public charter school. The middle schools are good. The teachers seem to care about the students and problems are addressed in a positive manner. The counselers are wonderful and inspiring. Our child doesn't like all the teachers, what child does? But finished last year with straight A's, and is on the honor roll this year. Great principal too from what I have heard.

Posted February 06, 2014
We just started here and the reception has been wonderful. Our special needs child is thriving.

Maricopa Wells Middle School 3

Posted August 27, 2013
I think this school need to change their hours of operation instead of nine am. It would be appreciated if the time should change. If the school would improve the timing to an early time.

Maricopa Wells Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
I love this school, my daughter went 7th and 8th grade now and this is the first school that she ever got on the honor roll and she has an IEP . I'm so excited they kept it open this 2013-2014 school year , also the teachers really care!

Posted June 27, 2013
My daughter only got to spend a couple weeks their before graduating but this school is one of the best! My daughter loved it immidately and I wish that the school will continue to be as amazing

Maricopa Wells Middle School 1

Posted October 07, 2012
Well today they lined up all the kids in front of the bleachers and my grand son was being pushed in the back. He retaliated and pushed back. Then another boy slugged him in the side of the face and began stepping on him when he was down. I believe they gave everybody suspensions to be added after the fall break. My daughter withdrew him and they are moving to Ohio. They were already going to move anyway but there have been many incidents before. The kids there don't seem to have any worries about the consequences if they get caught bullying but that's for someone else to care about now.

Posted December 29, 2011
This is a great school with great staff and faculty. Teachers are doing more for less and are raising the bar. The problem does not lie in the administration, teachers, or staff as the disgruntled parent below mentioned but with parents themselves and their children. They need to be involved and back teachers up as well as hold their own student accountable for their actions and lack of output. I challenge every parent/guardian to come to conferences, attend lunch with your parent day, a pto/site council meeting, check grades via parent vue, encourage your student to attend before/after school enrichment as well as ask your child how the day went and check on their homework. Ultimate the responsibility is on YOU the parent and your student. Step up to the plate and take the challenge because it takes more than excellent teachers and strong administration. It takes parental involvement and student accountability!!!

Maricopa Wells Middle School 1

Posted November 22, 2011
This school is far from anything resembling a good school. I have 2 children in this school so I have encountered many of the teachers and other staff. Unfortunately, the second you walk into the office your treated the same as the way they treat the children, as if your bothering them. Never a smile or greeting, just a grueling "can I help you". As for the teachers, I have meet a couple good teachers but the majority act simply dreedful. Ignoring problem, cursing, and so much more. It's do as I say, not as I do mentality. The principle seems friendly but it takes a lot more then that to run a school, which I have not seen much headership. However, I'd much rather deal with him then the stupid loser they call their vice principle. Lastly, this school has a major bullying problem that both of my children have observed or had the misfortune of being involved in. Several times I have spoken with the faculty about bullying and was disgusted with the lack responsibility to make my children feel safe and the way they deal or I should say they do not deal with the problem. I will be sending my children to a different school next year. I had to select one star but its really ZERO STARS!

Posted September 07, 2011
Maricopa Wells is a good school that just keeps getting better. 8th grade students now have the opportunity to take English 1, Geometry and Algebra 1 for high school credit. Algebra 1 is also offered for 7th graders. The MORE classes offer great opportunities for specialized electives and meaningful project based learning activities.

Posted August 31, 2011
This school is full of amazing students and dedicated teachers and staff... a genuinely supportive community. Even M.O.R.E. is being offered to students this year, that many students wouldn't otherwise receive at other schools. Way to go Maricopa Wells!

Maricopa Wells Middle School
45012 W. Honeycutt Ave., Maricopa, AZ  85139
Last modified Maricopa Wells Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maricopa Wells Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top