Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

I Love Love Love the principal , he is so good w/ all the kids and he cares About them plus knows them by name as well . Plus the 20+1 program is superb !

Maricopa Wells is a great school . I promise if you come to our school you will learn.

We recently moved here from the Kyene District. Our child is now being challenged in their work since the change to public charter school. The middle schools are good. The teachers seem to care about the students and problems are addressed in a positive manner. The counselers are wonderful and inspiring. Our child doesn't like all the teachers, what child does? But finished last year with straight A's, and is on the honor roll this year. Great principal too from what I have heard.

We just started here and the reception has been wonderful. Our special needs child is thriving.

I think this school need to change their hours of operation instead of nine am. It would be appreciated if the time should change. If the school would improve the timing to an early time.

I love this school, my daughter went 7th and 8th grade now and this is the first school that she ever got on the honor roll and she has an IEP . I'm so excited they kept it open this 2013-2014 school year , also the teachers really care!

My daughter only got to spend a couple weeks their before graduating but this school is one of the best! My daughter loved it immidately and I wish that the school will continue to be as amazing

I have 2 daughters in this school and i have met all their teachers and the faculty and they all care for the well-being and safety of the children. It is an excellent school and Mr. Abel always is good at solving issues presented to him.

Well today they lined up all the kids in front of the bleachers and my grand son was being pushed in the back. He retaliated and pushed back. Then another boy slugged him in the side of the face and began stepping on him when he was down. I believe they gave everybody suspensions to be added after the fall break. My daughter withdrew him and they are moving to Ohio. They were already going to move anyway but there have been many incidents before. The kids there don't seem to have any worries about the consequences if they get caught bullying but that's for someone else to care about now.

This is a great school with great staff and faculty. Teachers are doing more for less and are raising the bar. The problem does not lie in the administration, teachers, or staff as the disgruntled parent below mentioned but with parents themselves and their children. They need to be involved and back teachers up as well as hold their own student accountable for their actions and lack of output. I challenge every parent/guardian to come to conferences, attend lunch with your parent day, a pto/site council meeting, check grades via parent vue, encourage your student to attend before/after school enrichment as well as ask your child how the day went and check on their homework. Ultimate the responsibility is on YOU the parent and your student. Step up to the plate and take the challenge because it takes more than excellent teachers and strong administration. It takes parental involvement and student accountability!!!

Last modified Maricopa Wells Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.