Santa Rosa Elementary School

Public | PK-5 & ungraded

Posted August 4, 2014

We are so happy with Santa Rosa Elementary! The small class sizes, great Teachers and wonderful office staff make it a pleasure to walk the campus. My kids are both excelling educationally and LOVE coming to school each day!

Posted August 4, 2014

Santa Rosa is a great school! I love their small classroom sizes and the teachers seem to really put in an extra effort to make sure their students are motivated and try their hardest.

Posted May 1, 2014

Great staff, and amazing teacher and kids loving going to school and love their teachers.

Posted May 1, 2014

Great school, the staff is so welcoming and amazing teachers. My kids love attending school.

Posted May 18, 2013

I'm very impressed with this school. My son is enrolled here and the staff is excellent and seem to really care about the children. The new principle seems to be well like by the parents and children. She is outside every morning waving as each kid is dropped off.

Posted November 29, 2012

the teachers are good the principal could be ok but they let groups of kids bully other kids till they get mad then they get in trouble and the bullys just get to keep bullying kids we went in and talked to the principal a couple times sent emails all over but they will do nothing one kid evin threatened to stab my daughter and she hits my daughter all the time if my daughter tells she gets in trouble her self i got a appointment with a lawer in a week

Posted April 20, 2012

So far I've had two children attend Santa Rosa. They both have done really well. One of my children is in middle school and continues to thrive. I think the school and the teachers are great. If I have a questions or concerns I can always count that the teachers and principa will respond. Other parents should quit complaining and be more proactive in their childrens education. Maybe that way the children will do better. Get involved with the PTO. I think that a lot of parents expect teachers and schools to be miracle workers.

Posted October 29, 2011

If you are looking for a drill Sargent for a principal or a military feel to the school then by all means come here. I've had my child here for 4 years now and this is by far the worse shape its been in. Our kids have NO fun, there is no interaction between students and principal, raising money for PTO is more important then recognizing our students hard work. There are some of the most dedicated teachers I've met at this school but their morale is slowly disappearing. My child actually asked if he can attend a new school after the Christmas holidays, really sad. My youngest calls the principal a witch and anytime her name is mentioned cowards and hides. Not a good atmosphere at all.

Posted August 21, 2011

Oh my, what a mess! Not sure what this district is thinking. Another new principle this year and the worse one yet. Teachers were RIF'ed at the beginning of summer and new teachers were brought in. Now after two weeks of school more teachers are being transfered and classes are being merged. Just what we need, large class sizes, no specials, poor teachers and another poor leader. My kids do not enjoy going to school anymore and I do not enjoy or even want to volunteer. If you have a chance choose one of the other schools in the district. This one will take a lot of time to go back to how it used to be a few years ago.

Posted August 20, 2011

I decided to give this school one more year. I think that was a mistake! Last year, with the inexperienced principal things were not running smoothly. This year, however, the principal that was hired is even worse!! this lady doesn't walk out of her office; my daughter thinks she is the meanest person in the school. I am very dissapointed with santa Rosa. we miss Mr. Abel!

Posted July 3, 2011

I have my daughter attending this school. I have checked papers which she has received from her teacher that are grade,only to find errors that she did not mark and the ones she did mark were right. We received the report card in the mail at the end of the year only to read the right name in the comments followed by the wrong name in the next sentence. She was sent home with homework and I had to teach her step by step what to do! If these teachers do not what to make sure that the kids are learn than they should find another line of work. Also her teacher had the kids voting on which homework assignment they wanted. Since when do child dictate their work.

Posted May 2, 2010

Great teachers, great town, and a great bunch of kids!

Posted April 28, 2010

The staff and students here have a very positive attitude about learning and showing that Santa Rosa is the best.

Posted April 28, 2010

They really care about the kids. The staff is excellent and the kids are doing a great job of learning

Posted April 28, 2010

My granddaughter attends Santa Rosa and I can see how much she has grown in her learning abilities & She 'loves going to school'!

Posted April 28, 2010

The way the teachers care & all staff.. your kid is not just a test score

Posted April 28, 2010

I like this school because my kids attend here and I also work here and the teachers are awesome. I have seen a huge improvement with both of my boys here at santa rosa

Posted April 28, 2010

Because it has great leardship, and therefor we have great staff, and therefor we have great kids!

Posted April 28, 2010

my grandson is doing so much better at this school he want's to to school now thank you Santa Rosa Elementary a happy grandmother

Posted April 28, 2010

I love Santa Rosa Elementary School for the care,consistency,and dedication shown to my children by the wonderful teachers at this school.My eldest son, who will be a high school freshman this fall, entered Santa Rosa in 2003. I was hired on at this school as a Para in 2004 when my twins entered kindergarten. My twins are now in fifth grade and ready to move on to sixth grade at the jr. high. This school and it's exceptional staff have been a part of my family. I know my children are well prepared to move on to higher grades, but we will miss Santa Rosa dearly.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (520) 568-6155

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now