Bad
Good

Excellent school! My son transferred here in 4th grade, from a charter school, that had no resources, or funding to appropriately teach. Since enrolling him in Pima Butte, his academics have skyrocketed! He has an I.E.P. for speech only, and having his teacher recognize this in a matter of two weeks, that his previous school failed to clue in on, for the past 5 years, was disappointing. I feel like his academic ability was stunted by the lack of help he got prior to Pima Butte. The Principal is wonderful, and the staff is great. They truly care about all of the children's academics, and this stands true, as they have been able to maintain an "A" rating, for 5 consecutive years and the only school in the entire Pinal County to have this rating. My youngest son starts Kindergarten in August. We are thrilled that he will start school at Pima Butte!

May daughter has attended Pima Butte for 3 years and we feel like it is a part of our family. Each of her teachers has pushed and challenged her and the teachers and administration have always been receptive to questions and concerns. Parent communication and involvement is a priority and the success of the student is the ultimate goal. We couldn't be happier and our daughter is thriving!

My son's teacher is great! We've also had bus issues and voiced concerns to administration . Overall I feel great about my son's education there.

My son has had problems with transportation (bus driver is horrible) and the principal. The principal acts like more of a private investigator than a principal. The only phone calls I get are negative feedback. My son earned two awards at school and I never got notification; no email or "invitation" to see the award being received. Other parents have the same issues. Word of advice - send your child to Kyrene... pay for the bussing if you have to.

This school does not communicate with parents about problems with their child's educational needs and would rather hold the child back than talk with the parents about additional help and resolve educational issues. My child was having problems and I was not notified until the third quarter that he would be held back and by then it was to late even though the teacher had told me at that time it was happening all year! This happened after the discussion with the same teacher at the second quarter said he was doing fine and no major problems. If your child goes to this school talk to the teachers everyday and ask for weekly progress reports to back up what they tell you!!!

Both of my kids have went to Pima Butte for two years now and they absolutely love it. Both of their teachers are very knowledgeable and are very good with the kids. I have been able to go on several field trips with my kids and the kids that go to school there are very well behaved. Pima Butte is a great school and I am so glad that my kids have had the chance to go to school there.

My daughter has been at Pima Butte since grade 2. She loves her teachers and I think the parent involvement is great! It is such a great school with hard working teachers! Never a complaint about a single one!

Apparently, this was once a wonderful school; unfortunately, the new principal, Mrs. Ledbetter, has been unable to foster the same positive environment as her predecessor. The only bright spot at this school is the front office staff, specifically, Jamie. Other than that, the teachers are uncommunicative and disrespectful to parents and students. My daughter frequently overheard teachers complaining about other children and how much they needed to get away from the kids. They seem unhappy, disgruntled, and overworked. The climate at the school does not foster parental involvement. You are expected to pull up and drop off, pull up and pick up. Our experience was so poor, I withdrew my child immediately. Overall, the teachers are bullies and the principal is incompetent. Stay away!

Both our sons attend Pima Butte and absolutely love their teachers and school in general. They have many activities options outside of school (movie nights, fall festival, etc) and the curriculum is age-appropriate. Neither boy has a ton of homework, but seem challenged enough by what they get. The teachers are very involved and motivated. Great school!

My daughter has gone to Pima Butte since we moved to Arizona. She began in the first grade, and is now entering fifth grade. She has had wonderful teachers every year, and is sad that she cannot continue to go to Pima Butte after this year. She has really enjoyed going there, but misses the old principal Mr. Montoya!

Last modified Pima Butte is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.