School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We believe that parents have a choice in the selection of the academic environment for their children. When a parent exercises that choice with Legacy Traditional School, they are choosing a safe structured accelerated program with high expectations. At Legacy Traditional School students benefit from a Legacy of Learning as they prepare for the world ahead.
December 12, 2011

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We have lost our faith in people after our experience at the Glendale Campus. It says something when the School Psychologist "parts ways" with LTS and no one notifies the parents who trying to get help for their kids. You have to wait until an email bounces back to find out what's going on. They're supposed to offer a "free and appropriate public education" for all kids who they accept for enrollment - that's the law. Sorry we trusted this school with our child. Don't make our mistake.

Not a benevolent work setting at the Tucson campus. Micromanagement prevails, especially in special education areas. Steer clear!

Amount of homework: Agree

While it may appear to be a lot, it is given for the week and clearly defined objectives. You have to work with your child to achieve success but I think that is the point!

LTS has been outstanding for my daughters and has pushed them to excel. We have been using charter schools primarily and have had no regrets. LTS has high standards and requires actively engaged parents in order to achieve educational goals for each student. I appreciate the efforts from the staff and the inclusion with my child's academic needs. They have provided a great alternative to the public school system and should be applauded for the efforts!

Been with Legacy at Athlos for 4 years, started off great. However the quality of our experience has declined in the last year. Junior high teachers do not engage with or care about the students, just run them through the process of tests & quizzes and get them out the door. We have tried to engage the Assistant Principal about issues, but have been ignored. Pulling our three kids out. There are too many other quality charter school options to tolerate how this school is managed.

My daughter went to legacy last year for kindergarten and is getting ready to go back for 1st grade. She's reading and writing and doing math. We couldn't be more happy!

I have four children that attend this amazing school kindergarten through fourth grade. My oldest has attended Legacy since kindergarten. For a short time, my oldest attended Pima Butte. Legacy has a curriculum that, in my opinion, is unmatched. The students and their parents are exceptional. The parent involvement is breathtaking. I will have my children attend as long as they can.

I've been teaching for many years, and I can honestly say that this is the best school I've ever had the pleasure of working for. The teachers and staff are absolutely amazing. You can feel just how dedicated they are and how much they truly love and care about every student. Administration is just as wonderful. Not only do they have hearts of gold, they also provide each teacher, staff, and student the support and guidance they need to be successful. I highly suggest you at least take a tour and see for yourself.

LTS is a great school and the Maricopa campus is beautiful. The curriculum is well-designed. I love Saxon Math. The homework assigned is a little too much, but they really cut back on that this year. The students are expected to behave, which is not too much to ask for. The teachers love their job and it shows. They really do care about the students, but they don't coddle them. We love the uniforms. It's not military-but it is strict. If you want to get the most from your children, consider Legacy.

The curriculum is good. I love Saxon and Spalding. I love the school uniform idea too, but I wish they would not allow jeans. Jeans are too different in styles and colors and I see kids wear "skinny" jeans or jeans with holes and start bully other kids in uniform pants that they are not stylish.

Last modified Legacy Traditional School – Maricopa is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.