Legacy Traditional School

Charter | K-10

We are best known for back-to-basics curriculum.

School Official Point of View

Posted December 12, 2011

We believe that parents have a choice in the selection of the academic environment for their children. When a parent exercises that choice with Legacy Traditional School, they are choosing a safe structured accelerated program with high expectations. At Legacy Traditional School students benefit from a Legacy of Learning as they prepare for the world ahead.

Posted March 20, 2010

We have been at Legacy Traditional School for three years. Yes, there were some ups & downs in the beginning, much like any new endeavor. My child learned that life brings difficulties, & we used this time in our family to learn flexibility, patience, & thinking the best of others. Great values for life! In this school semester, we have had none of the early issues. The staff is wonderful, very caring of the students & appreciative of all parent involvement. The teachers strive for excellence while keeping the classroom fun. I appreciate the focus on character development & discipline as a virtue. We are very pleased withLegacy Traditional School. Check it out for yourself. It may be just what your family is looking for:)

Posted March 19, 2010

Love the new gorgeous campus, love the teachers for our 3 kids. Great values taught, no bullying allowed. Overall scores for this school compared to neighboring schools is fantastic! This is what initially sold us on Legacy. Don't take anyone's word for it, go in and check it our for YOURSELF. It has been an awesome experience for our family and we are so pleased with Legacy Traditional.

Posted March 19, 2010

We have attended Legacy for 3 years and we have 3 children enrolled. We have had an incredible experience. Our teachers have been awesome and they are always willing to communicate. Our kids are excited about learning, they have excellent study habits, and we could not be happier with the entire school. If interested, I suggest visiting the campus and class rooms. I have never been so pleased with a school for my kids. I feel the admin truly has the kids' best interest in mind.

Posted March 19, 2010

My children have attended Leagacy for 3 years now. I love it! The teachers there are caring, loving, and devoted to making each day the best day, both academically and emotionally for my kids. The new campus is beautiful and just another example of how dedicated Legacy is to making their students environment the most wonderful possible. They offer many after school programs that my kids love! From running club, tennis club, and now the school mucical, and so many more! They are challenging to my gifted children both in class and a once per week after school program. Legacy expects the very best from its student and the students have met those expectations! I am thrilled to have such a fabulous school in our community for my children to attend!

Posted March 19, 2010

I am a parent of students at this school, a former employee and a frequent volunteer and I LOVE this school! The education is top notch, the teachers and staff put the students first and the communication and amenities are great. We have been at Legacy all 3 years and they just keep getting better. It's true at first they had few extra curricular activities but now we have many sports and numerous clubs as well. It is a fallacy that Legacy is military strict with little to no fun, or hands on learning. LTS is quite the opposite. My children enjoy school and have fun while achieving their goals. It is true that they set high expectations but as you can tell from our test scores, our students rise to the occasion. Do yourself a favor and try it for yourself. You and your children won't be sorry.

Posted February 23, 2010

This school is fantastic. The teachers are highly qualified and actually care about the students. There is free tutoring for the academic areas if your child is struggling. I have 2 children enrolled. They love going to school each day. They love their teachers. The curriculum is accelerated and has a high standard of learning. Although it is not for all children since there are different ways of learning, it is suitable for mine. They have been there for 2 years and we are very pleased and thankful they are in Maricopa.

Posted December 12, 2009

I wonder how this school keeps the 8 as a rating. When I read through the reviews, there's mixed responses. My 3 children attended Legacy because I wanted to believe the promises that were continually made and never followed through. I pulled them out for many reasons but mostly because of the lack of leadership and qualities I wanted them to learn from the place they spend a great deal of time daily. And just for those who want to believe those in charge there, my children are gifted students, and well-mannered. But I was dissatisfied with the lack of challenge they received academically.

Posted November 27, 2009

My children have attended LTS since it began and I am so very thankful to have a traditional school where my kids are taught both core academics and the value of hard work. We live in a society that tells us our job as parents (and schools) is to entertain our children. What happened to hard work, discipline and high moral standards? As parents, we know that by sending our children to LTS we are giving them the gift of high achievement. When they enter the 'real world' they will be ready! They will not be surprised; instead they'll be prepared. They are learning now how to be diligent, self-controlled and managers of their time. In addition, children thrive on structure. The LTS staff works hard to create a safe environment for learning. Children generally achieve to the level the bar has been set- why not set it high!

Posted November 20, 2009

This is our third year with Legacy and we are so happy with the education that our children are receiving. Our 5th grader is even taking advantage of the free tutoring that is offered. The teachers are so kind and caring. Our children love going to school everyday. While I agree that Legacy is not the right choice for every family, it is the perfect choice for ours.

Posted October 9, 2009

We are finally happy that our kids got into another good charter school in Maricopa after leaving Legacy. The children who didn't want to go to school, now are so excited to go. They were tired of the bullying in Legacy play grounds. Now they enjoy the recess time and play well even with older kids. No wonder why the new school has so many kids and teachers and office staff from Legacy.

Posted September 28, 2009

I had 2 children with LTS. I got tired of the total lack of unprofessional shown to myself, my children and the teachers. Those who are in charge have little to no knowledge of what learning looks like in this or even the last century. Students learn by doing not by sitting like robots at constant attention.

Posted August 5, 2009

I was a student of legacy junior high and my experience with them was great! Although there were some problems with the school being built on time, the overall experience was very different but excellent. My whole life my brother and i were in public schools, and the difference of public schools and LTS is that the teachers really helped each individual. My brother had a very difficult time learning how to read and write, and he was in the 7th grade. This was because all of the schools we had gone to before never really paid any attention to him. When we entered LTS my mother informed the teachers about this and helped him throughout the whole school year. As for myself i am a different story, i am an accelerated student. LTS made learning a challenge which is what i love! Next year i am returning to LTS for9thgrade!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 27, 2009

The education is fine if you are looking for your students to sit in their desk the entire day and not have any hands on learning. It is also good for teaching students how to memorize and do lots of homework. I for one am searching out a school for the 21st century were students use computers and learn how to interact with students and learn to problem solve. This style of learning is very old fashioned to me. I am also sicked by how the owners treat staff and parents. It is all buisness to them. Even family and friends mean nothing to them.

Posted July 12, 2009

After working in public schools I decided that I would send my children to a charter school. We moved to Maricopa in the middle of my son's kindergarten year. He had been at a chartered/public school in Tempe and was excelling. I wanted to keep him in a school with the same curriculum with a focus on teaching the students how to read, write, and do arithmetic. He just completed kindergarten and is reading fluently and can do simple arithmetic. He had wonderful teachers and they communicated with me on a regular basis and if I had any questions they were more than happy to answer them. I think the administration could improve in some areas but I think they are doing a wonderful job for such a new school, and with time, I have faith that those areas will improve.

Posted June 18, 2009

Communication is key and this school has none. I was really hoping this was going to workout but they still have a lot to learn. A building will not make the communication issues go away. The new charter school Pathway prep. coming to Maricopa will give parents another choice.

Posted June 16, 2009

So glad this year is over!! If this school lived up to half the sale pitch Bill gave me, it would have been great. Two years in and the management of this school is horrendous. The only legacy this school has built is that of broken promises.

Posted May 16, 2009

I have been a parent of two Legacy students since it first opened. I heavily participated in the establishment of the school, both in & out of the classroom. I have been happy with the in-class education my kids have received. Unfortunately, this otherwise positive experience has been maligned with severe deficiencies within the administration. After the 1st year they promised a permanent site that would be delivered over the summer. The facility would allow for expanded extracurricular activities and increased enrollment. Consequently, they got full enrollment for the '08-'09 year. The only problem was that they learned mid summer that the new facility would not be able to be built as planned. Instead of notifying the parents, they waited until 2 wks AFTER the other schools started, then told us that we would have 1/2 day school due to lack of classrooms. for '09-'10, my kids will now go elsewhere.

Posted May 4, 2009

I am pulling my child after this year because I believe the school is too conservative. I believe in structure and letting kids be kids. However, Legacy has built a school that wants to shelter the kids from the real world. I do not believe this school teaches acceptance to all people or race, gender, and personal beliefs.

Posted April 30, 2009

LTS has only been around for 2 yrs. Given that, of course there are several areas that need improvement, the main being a permanent building & campus. They should have a designated, experienced planning committee as well. However, we have been satisfied with the education our daughter has been receiving, the quality of friends/families we are meeting as well as the attentiveness of her teachers which we felt she would lack in a larger class at an ordinary public school. As a Christian, I do believe children need to be held to higher standards, respect, etc..however I think LDS comments need to be guarded because this is a State Charter School - NOT an LDS private church school. Values are values. Ethics are ethics. Also I do hope computers and foreign languages will be incorporated at some point however.

Posted April 29, 2009

As an LDS parent, I think it is great that there is finally a school that supports our core values and beliefs. I was getting so tired of the values other schools were teaching my children. I love that Mr. Gregory and Mr. Hale continue to make sure teachers are teaching to our values and getting rid of teachers whom do not fit their views. To me computers, the art programs, and sports programs are not as important as knowing my core beliefs are being supported at the school. This is why I will continue to go to the school, even if it means staying in the trailers.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

147 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

147 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 36%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Clubs

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

• Kimberly R. Allison
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Is there an application process?
Fax number

Music
  • Band
  • Orchestra

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture