Saddleback Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted August 2, 2014

Saddleback Elementary is a wonderful school. The environment is welcoming and the staff goes above and beyond to help. My children have attended Saddleback for 4 years. They look forward to meeting their new teacher and new friends every school year. I appreciate the dedication of the staff and the commitment they've made to help my children excel academically

Posted May 1, 2014

We've had wonderful teachers for my son while at this school! Principal active on campus, and swift to address concerns.

Posted March 6, 2013

I am very pleased with this school. I have three children attending and all have good teachers. No problem with communication, lots of activities, active PTO. The office staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and actually remembered my kids names after only one day! No complaints.

Posted April 25, 2011

It's sad when your children request to go to another school because of the lack of challenges available to them or teachers who won't talk with you about issues they are having. My presence it known on the campus and I am always available to address the issues with the children in order to support both the teacher and the child. I was a sad day when Mrs. Amick left.

Posted April 24, 2011

My two children went there two years ago, the teachers were great. One day I asked my kids how the principal was and they could not tell me anything. We didn't even know what she looked like until the yearbook came out. We changed schools the year after. Also my oldest didn't get her AIMS scores, and neither did anyone else in her class.

Posted August 26, 2010

Saddleback (SBE) is the absolute best. I LOVE this school, teachers,& administration. I m zoned for MES & have filed a boundary request for the past 2 years for SBE. I saw a comment referencing the principal dissolving the PTO Coming from experience, parents don t always behave professionally on a PTO. Sometimes THAT is what is best for students, staff, & parents. For the comment posted about never seeing her- Well, I see her every day almost without fail & I don t even go into the building each day. When I pick my children up she is always at the parent pick-up ensuring the kids safety. However, if you do not make the time to volunteer & step on campus it would make it rather hard to see her. I can t imagine any parent going on campus regularly missing her; she seems to ALWAYS be there. We LOVE Saddleback!

Posted August 11, 2010

I am NOT very happy with the staff at Saddelback. I had an issue with my child. I got no response at all. I could not even tell you what the principal looks like, for the principal is yet to be seen. However I do appreciate my childs teacher, who took the time to address my concerns.

Posted July 13, 2010

My daughter loves going here. The staff is great, very professioal, and she learns so much. She always has great behavior there, never once got in trouble or had any problems with naughty students. I think that the review posted about the unattentive pricipal should not be taken seriously. Especially since it is coming from someone that cannot use proper grammer. Go Saddleback!

Posted July 27, 2009

I am a Grandmother who has Guardianship of three children whom I pulled from MES and placed with Saddleback Elementary. I cannot begin to tell you how much the children advanced this past year with the caring and loving teachers and staff. They are coming back!

Posted July 22, 2009

This school is fantastic. I know that someone has already said that the principal does not have anything to do with the kids but she does. Every day... she is doing everything she can do help the students - ALL the students. I am so honored and thrilled to say that I work at Saddleback. This is by far one of the best Administrations that I have worked with.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 12, 2009

I have two children who attend this school. The teachers are amazing. They are very welcoming and seem to have the childrens best interest in mind. I know that the principal did however do away with PTO and other parent involvment. It is unfortunate. There haven't really been many family acitivities bacuse of this.

Posted April 26, 2009

not very good the princapal has almost nothing to do with the children and almost nothing to do with her staff she has no idea how to run a school that is the reason i will not be letting my children go to that school next year

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 63%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (520) 568-5151

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now