Butterfield Elementary School

Public | K-5 & ungraded | 1 student

Posted December 17, 2013

My children have gone to school here since it opened and we love it at Butterfield. Yes, many teachers and admin have been there, but the school has been improving its scores year after year! The teachers and staff are fantastic and my children have excelled here!

Posted April 2, 2013

My kids have been going to this school the last 4 years. I use to LOVE it!! Now, the principal has left and some of the best teachers left as well. I do believe that the 5 out of 10 appropriately describes not only the academics, the teaching and admin staff, but the over all quality of the school. This is so sad and will be bittersweet as my children will not be returning there next year with how this school has just gone down hill.

Posted January 12, 2012

My two sons have been thriving at Butterfield. They are challenged and have have teachers who not only care about their academic growth but also shaping the kind of men they will become. In their years there, there have been a couple of disappointing teachers but those in each case my concerns were met with genuine concern and proactive management. My boys are in great hands with the staff at Butterfield and I trust them entirely to educate and look after the most incredible gifts I will ever have. The sense of community has been incredible! As a parent, my job is to educate and shape my sons with my active involvement and I am so happy that for the 7 hours they are at school, I can trust that they are being taught solid academic instruction and character traits that will prepare them for life!

Posted September 1, 2011

My daughter is new at this school this year. Now that it has been about a month I do have to say this the best school she has gone to. If I have questions or problem they take care of you right away with no problem. Everyone I have talk to has been very nice. They know what they are doing and understand as a parent that your child safety is number one. I believe they have all the children at this school safety number one... I will be taking my child back to this school next year.

Posted May 6, 2011

My child is new to Butterfield this year. We were welcomed and found the principal and office staff friendly. We have been disappointed with comunication between the school and home. We do not have any idea how our child is doing until we receive her reportcard. By then it is too late for us to provide her with needed support at home. Our child likes her teacher and classmates although she does tell us the teacher yells at the class. We haven't had opportunities to meet other parents at the school. I am disappointed that my child does not receive Tech training due to budget constraints. I feel this is too important to the childrens future to be excluded from their education. The classrooms should all have computers in them for student use. My older grown children had computers intheir classrooms 20 years ago. There must be ways to get the community to help out with things like this or funraisers to be held. Here is hoping for a much better school year, next year (2011-2012).

Posted April 1, 2011

Butterfield is a great school. I have 3 students that attend and truly enjoy their teachers and receive a quality education. As a parent it is nice knowing your students wake up excited for school.

Posted May 25, 2010

Dodi, so far this year this school has been terrific!! The principal has been great to work with and communicate with. My daughters teacher has been terrific. I will give them a 7 in all areas of ratings. Mama D

Posted May 4, 2010

My kids love their teachers and I feel that they truly do care!

Posted May 3, 2010

This school has great teachers and staff. my son loves it.

Posted May 3, 2010

I love Butterfield because it has a great group of teachers! Although we are a fairly new school we are very proud of the way things have gone over the two years.

Posted May 3, 2010

The teachers & their dedication to the students overall education!

Posted May 3, 2010

This is a nice facility, with a great faculty, and my grandchildren are thriving! Butterfield's dedicated teachers should not have to pay for supplies out of their own pockets, but many do to ensure they have the tools they need to make a bigger impact on their students. Their caring generosity is greatly appreciated! This school deserves to win, and if we do, it will truly be an investment into the lives of our kids - which is what it's all about, right? A VERY WORTHY CAUSE!

Posted May 3, 2010

I love all the teachers and staff at Butterfield. They have been very dedicated to making sure that all the students are getting the very best education.

Posted May 2, 2010

Love the teachers and staff, everyone is so nice and caring and really care about the students and their education!

Posted May 2, 2010

With the limited State of Arizona support and the relatively 'low' tax monies recieved, this school has some of the most ambitious, dedicated and sincere teachers I have ever met - both in school and as a teacher.

Posted November 11, 2009

Both my children go here and the staff is excellent. They do a great job of communicating with and involving parents in the success of our children's education. The Literacy and Magical Math Nights were incredible. This is a caring, above average elementary school.

Posted May 8, 2009

I love this school, my daughter wakes up before her alarm goes off just to be there early every day. The teachers, staff, principal, and nurses are very friendly, and her teacher Mr. Goss is great!! I have met teachers in her 2nd grade level and alot of other teachers in other grade levels and they all seem wonderful. I feel she is getting a good education as well. I as well think some of the parents have issues, and it definately passes to their kids and you can tell which ones, but unfornutately there is always going to be a few of those around, but as for Butterfield I think highly of it and the teachers and staff, and I appreciate them and their hard work. So far so good!!!

Posted May 6, 2009

Butterfield is a brand new school, only open for one year, so there is a lot of fine-tuning to be done. I have found the principal, asst. principal, teachers and staff to be very friendly, caring and hard-working. I feel my son is getting a very good education. The kindergarten program is amazing! My only problem with the school has been other parents. Rude and inconsiderate...and this will be passed on to their children. Other then that, no complaints about Butterfield. Only appreciation and praise =^)

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

122 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

114 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 54%N/A47%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

43800 West Honeycutt Road