Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Mrs. Jackson gets to over whelmed with her class size made up of mostly boys. I had to leave the school.

My son started Kindergarten 2016 in Mrs Jacksons class. The second day of school my son came home with a behavior report stating he had been excessively talking & not walking in a straight line. I spoke with his teacher the next morning asking her to elaborate on this report. She told me he was touching the walls when walking & he would continued to talk when she asked for attention. I believe in correction, but i dont need to be made aware of this the second day of school! Its a new place, making new friends, new environment... I would expect a report at the end of the month letting me know if it was STILL and issue.. completely ridiculous. She Mrs Jackon had told me my son didnt know his name when he was being called, after the first day of school.. She stated several kids didnt respond to there name being called... She would rather point out the negative qualities about a child then the good. I did speak with the principal, about the situation, but i never heard what happened with the conversation between the teacher and her... She was more concerned that i was ready to pull my son from Mrs. Jacksons class & move schools all together. I did pull my son from Sequoia Pathway Academy to go back to his old school he attended Pre K at in Scottsdale. With that hour drive I will make M-F will give me comfort knowing my son wont be bullied by any teacher and his education with be the best! I had asked for the school supplies i bought for the class to be returned since my son only attended 3 days... ( and i dont see it necessary to leave 100 dollar donation in school supplies) I got back one box of gallon storage bags, scissors, pencil box, 2 box crayons, one container clorox wipes, 1 note book, composition book, 24 pencil pack, one tissue box, one paint pallet, dry erase pack, pack of erasers, and 4 glue sticks ( one used). Needless to say, I will never recommend this school to any of my friends, and none of my kids will ever attend this school again. No Thank you. There is a reason the school is rated a 4-5.

My kids have all gone to this school since we moved from CA, theres no ways i would change it for the world,Best school ever!!!going on 2 yrs!

I have had my sons here for 4 years now and have grown to appreciate what the school does for the students. Like all schools, there are some teachers who could improve, but nearly all of them are truly invested in the children. Their sports programs are growing all the time and they are making a good mark in the community for being such a small school. I do feel that our society is very weak with the parent involvement, but that's not the school's fault. Parents need to set their priorities to their children and get involved in what they do.

I am very disappointed in this school, academically as well as ethics and dedication of teachers.

Our family recently moved to Maricopa. We have 1 child in elementary, finding the right school for her was the hardest part. I was recommended Sequoia Pathway and I love it but most importantly my daughter loves it! She is in the 2nd and her teacher couldn't be more better for my daughter. I love the different teaching methods and how I feel so involved even though my husband and I both work full time. Thank you Sequoia for making school fun, exciting and a great place to learn for our princess!

My kids have been at Pathway for the last 4 years, the teachers communicate with parents so you know whats going on in the classroom.The principle greets every child by their name in the morning and says good morning. Their motto is every child is known. Drop off and pick up takes a while because the school has no school bus.

I am currently an educator at Pathway. I have enjoyed the staff, families and leadership provided by the school. I've worked at other charter schools and this is by far the best place to work. I enjoy each and everyday.

Quartz Hill is a fantastic school with hardworking teachers and solid leadership, from the principal. The office staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the school conditions are top notch. The facilities are maintained meticulously, which help give it a warm feel when you walk the halls. Both me and my wife are educators, so we have first-hand knowledge of other options in the district. to say Quartz Hill is the best school in the Gilbert District, is an understatement. the only exception to this well deserved praise, would be the special needs teacher, who truly is a waste of space. My only assumption is that the district is afraid to fire her as she is on her last year of teaching, so the problem will fix itself. I know of at least 5 families that have filed complaints about this teach, yet no real improvement in performance. My hope is that they will find a suitable replacement for next school year.

Awesome school. My children have attended this school for the last 4 years. Their motto is...."where every child is known". Every student is greeted in the morning with a "Good Morning" and a handshake from their principal. A great way to start any students day. Currently, my students are in 6th and 9th grade. I cannot imagine them attending any other school in our area. I have one student that excels and one student that needs continous monitoring and additional help. Both of my students receive individual attention addressing each of their individual needs. The teachers are in constant communication with me in various ways, including e-mail, phone calls and face to face during pick-up and drop off. They also have 24/7 access to their grading system via the internet. All in all, it is a wonderful place to have my children educated.

Last modified Sequoia Pathway Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.