Mayer, AZ

Posted October 19, 2011
I think that this school has a terrrific staff, principal, superintendent and board. Recent changes have all been improvements and very effective.

Posted April 19, 2011
Mayer Junior/Senior High School is a sad example of Arizona's lack of focus on education. It is an inadequate school serving mostly at risk students, and not doing it well. There are some great teachers here, but they get no support from the board or administration. They are paid nearly nothing, less than almost every other school district in the state. The board hires administrators out of retirement whose sole focus is to reduce costs and cut student programs. There is no library, no overhead projectors, few books, no school nurse. There is no formal discipline policy, and favortism is shown to school athletes and children of employees. I could go on, but you get the picture. Enough said.

Posted June 23, 2009
School lacks professional skills to teach students. Horrible teaching methods.Lack of teacher student relationship

Posted May 16, 2009
The teachers that were even good and taught me something are all gone now. I learned the most when I was a freshman and had Mrs. Baker teaching me. This school has gone down hill and will keep going because they no longer care about the students. This school has stopped being a real school and most of the teachers left do not know how to teach. Students are out of line and I ended up dropping out. I instead found it easier to get my GED and get into college that way. Its sad to say but you child is more likely to get into a good college with a GED then a Mayer diploma. Mayer is the school anyone should go to in its current state. Mayer is not even a school anymore.

Posted February 19, 2009
I think that this a great school for children and kids to go to :)

Posted October 12, 2008
I personally have had a child graduate as validitorian of his class and he is now a junior at Embry Riddle with an internship as Boeing, and I have another child who is a juinor. I think the school is doing the best they can and we as parents stand behind the administration and Superintendent and School baord in ther dieciions to make things good fro our children

Mayer High School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
My daughter attended Mayer High school last year and we were fairly impressed with the school and her teachers. She was a freshman, but was allowed to test out of freshman classes and take upper level classes. There are quite a few extracurricular activities like drama and band. Her teachers were willing to give her extra work if she worked ahead. Over all, we were happy.

Mayer High School 3

Posted August 22, 2005
MUSD has been through quite a quake in this last year. I am not familiar with all the details, but I know that administrators and faculty cannot be held totally accountable for the quality of this school district. If you have concerns the State Board of Education is always ready and willing to listen. And if parents have concerns or issues I would encourage them to get involved and educate yourselves. Really become involved in a positive way. MUSD is a small district with limited funding. I have had 6 children. I have homeschooled, privated schooled charter schooled and public schooled. There is good and bad in all. A school is only as good as its community.Be ready to step up and make positive changes. It takes an entire village to bring up a child. I would be happy to share info with other parents and make MUSD a better school.

Posted May 14, 2005
both my children attend there and both have for the first time made honor roll they r doing a terriffic job and have great teacher.

Posted March 28, 2003
Mayer highschool is the worst school ever. They give students no freedom, and are definately not preparing them for the outside world, its horrible

P.O. Box 1059, Mayer, AZ  86333
Last modified Mayer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayer High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top