Mayer, AZ
After care: No

The Orme School of Arizona 2

Posted November 03, 2014
My daughter attended Orme during the 2013-14 school year and she LOVED her experience. I initially felt the same. I overlooked the outdated facilities and remote unsecured location because we felt it was an awesome opportunity for my independent 8th grader. My daughter got straight A's and was very active in the campus community. We decided not to allow her to continue at Orme (even though she really wanted to) for two reasons. 1. The cost was not justifiable when compared to the 2) graduation to college acceptance results. Not one high school student was identified as being accepted or admitted to a "highly recognized/reputable" college or university. Most were B schools or unrecognizable schools. Not one named at the graduation appeared in US News and World Reports Top 100 colleges and universities. This leads me to believe that schools like UCLA (which I am an alumni of) do not recognize the Orme curriculum. Additionally, none of the teachers are credentialed by any state agency. I understand that credentialing is not required, but I suspect something curriculum/faculty oriented is preventing students from qualifying for admission to more reputable universities.

Posted April 03, 2011
The Orme School understands that its students, teachers, and staff are individuals, not interchangeable cogs in a machine. The people at Orme are what make the school the wonderful learning community that it is. My daughter has thrived at Orme. She has made many lifelong friends, not only with other students, but with her teachers and staff at the school. For the first time in her academic career, she truly wants to learn and excel academically. Orme attracts students from all over the country and around the world, providing a broad cultural environment in a rural setting, so my daughter has had the chance to make friends with kids from all kinds of backgrounds and countries. She also loves all the animals on campus, and the unique opportunity to study the environment and natural history of the Arizona high desert. The Orme college counseling program will help her find the college where she will also be able to thrive and succeed. The generous financial aid program ensures that cost should not be a barrier. If you think that your child would thrive in this environment, I encourage you to visit the campus, talk with the students and staff, and apply.

Posted August 24, 2010
The Orme School of AZ has been a wonderful experience for our whole family. The academics are rigorous but the atmosphere is supportive and enlightening. Athletics, horsemanship, and sustainability programs are top notch and challenge students with the opportunity to learn and grow.

The Orme School of Arizona 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Orme is a great place to thrive academically and socially. They push you to your limits but understand your weak points and help you to strengthen those points.Orme is a great place to thrive, have fun, experience new things, and get ready for the real world. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for my high school career

Posted December 03, 2008
I love the horsemanship program and the campus is very nice. It has excellent faculty that make you feel like family.

Posted May 05, 2008
This is a GREAT high school to develop self sufficiency, friends for a lifetime, horsemanship to a high level (even). They also offer summer camps that are terrific. Pretty reasonable prices too.

Posted January 31, 2008
I love it! Everyone is so nice.

The Orme School of Arizona 1

Posted February 21, 2007
- a former student
This school may look good in reveiws, but it is truly a poor learning facility. The Orme School of Arizona has very bad dorms.

The Orme School of Arizona
Hc 63 Box 3040, Mayer, AZ  86333
Last modified The Orme School of Arizona is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
The Orme School of Arizona Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top