Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 31, 2015
The teach these skills and put emphasis on these values. They also have older kids assigned to teach and mentor younger kids and they get practice with caring and empathy every day.

Posted December 31, 2015
Love this school. My children have thrived here for several years. The teachers are engaged and have a good grasp on the progress of my children and my kids enjoy going to school and learning.

Posted January 30, 2013
I moved my child to this school after the public school tried to have him repeat. I know my child's capabilities and knew that a repeat was not necessary. The classroom in the public school was 28 kids to one teacher. My child did not have a chance to get the proper instruction or attention needed to succeed. We decided to get a tutor, change schools and not repeat. So far this year my child is doing just fine. Not one complaint about MEC, they are great. The teacher/kid ratio us much smaller and my child loves that he is able to interact with them on a personal level. My child is a typical 6 year old. I do get the note home from time to time about his performance. What I like about MEC is that the note is just to let me know. The teachers handle any situation that come up and then send a note to me so that I am aware. We are very involved with our child's education and can not say enough good things about MEC. This school is worth a visit.

Posted November 30, 2012
My children went to this school 2yrs, my youngest was bullied came home with scratches the teacher did nothing to address the situation, after many attempts I finally contacted the principle who also did nothing to address the situation. 1st grade students could not read was told not to worry just keep them back another year!! Poorly managed school principle cannnot retain teachers. Not all teachers are Montessori trained beware before enrolling students. At new school kids are excelling.

Posted November 07, 2012
My child attended this school for 2 years. Towards the end of our second year our child was wrongly accused of being a bully by is teacher. The assistant director of the school agreed the situation was not handled in a professional or correct way. My child was never apologized to which we felt he deserved. Instead we, his parents, were reprimanded for being upset with the way he was treated. We put our trust in the teachers and staff that our child would be nurtured and protected and taught the "Montessori way" however we were very disappointed. We had a very difficult time finishing out the year and we were treated like we had done something wrong when all we were doing was protecting our child, as any parent would do. We were also told they would be holding him back this year. He is excelling at his new school and is in fact a much happier child and has gotten all A's and B's so far. We would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 14, 2011
My daughter attended this school for almost three years. And every year end we got reports that she was falling behind and needs more help. But they are not able to provide any assistance in school. Only get referred to web sites for help. I paid for my child to be tutored out of school and was told by the tutor that she did not have a problem at all but in fact was ahead. This school wanted her to repeat the third grade. So we finally just took her out and placed her in a public school. This Montessori School was quite disapointing. I do not recommend them.

Posted June 09, 2011
Terrible school. 4th grade teacher bullied and allowed other students to also bully children. The teacher only taught those that she liked and did not teach all students. Our child fell behind in studies because the teacher was deciding not to give lessons.

Montessori Education Centre Charter School - Mesa 4

Posted May 06, 2010
This is our first year at this school and doing Montessori. My daughter is 5 and in kindergarten (Pre K-kinder class) She absolutley loves this school! She adores her teacher and has progressed so much. I love the opportunity to learn the Montessori way and have learned alot myself. I feel her teacher could communicate better with me but she is wonderful with all the kids. Very loving and caring. Its a small campus so extracurricular activites are limited but most everyone will know your child by name! We may not attend next yr because we are moving but its still a wonderful school.

Posted May 02, 2010
I love this school have been attached since my kids were 4 and now going in the 4th grade... they have been excellent especially with my son.. with memory problems,ADHD etc... they are always communicating with me and open to suggestions from this doctors/therapists.. and my children adore their school and teachers!

Posted December 27, 2009
My two oldest attended this school until we moved out of the area. We loved it!! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great elementary school.

2834 East Southern Avenue, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Montessori Education Centre Charter School - Mesa is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Education Centre Charter School - Mesa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top