Mesa, AZ
Students enrolled: 3,207

Posted May 20, 2014
Reading the reviews I was surprised to read the teachers favored the LDS faith. Being of the faith I chuckled because I was not favored. In fact I was more picked on by the teachers. I wouldn't say because of my faith but because of my personality and lack of ties with sports. They say it's a great school but I was never academically in any of the higher classes. Resources were great and I had good teachers for the most part. There are more races now then when I went there 2005 but it's still a high school and not a bubble despite a large population of Lds people. In fact our class president was not LDS so you don't have to be of that faith to be involved with any leadership.

Posted January 02, 2014
Moutain view is an outstanding school. I know many of you are concered with the LDS faith but it is not a problem at all. There isint very many "cliques". If you're a hard working student you will suceed in this school. While i am with the LDS faith i have talked to many non members who have said the LDS kids have always been great! Moutain view is a changed school. Dont take it from parents who have just over heard there kids complain. I have first hand expierence. No teenager is going to tell there parents how good it is. They just say the negative. Please consider this school.

Posted July 31, 2013
This High School has the look and feel of a small College! Very professional and great learning environment for the students. Although a good many are concerned about the "LDS" population, I do not see where this should have anything to do with how the school is rated. My family isn't LDS but shouldn't learning and how the school is run be the rating and NOT what kind of students go there?

Posted January 12, 2013
I am hoping that the Mesa School District hires us a good Principal that cares about students is what we will get. Mr. Luketich is retiring, and I hope we get a young up and comer in MVHS that will inspire our students to be the best that they can be. Here is hoping from a parent of 3 future MVHS students that we get somebody who cares about all students learning as if it is all that matters.

Mountain View High School 3

Posted January 12, 2013
This is a great school, too bad our Principal is retiring. I am hoping they recruit that Mr. Buechers, the turn around Principal from up near Superior or Miami. My sister lives up that way and this guy holds many of the same philosophies as Westwood's new Principal, and boy has that placed made a change for the better! I guess these guys worked together in the past and have created a whole system of success for schools, that really works! Mesa needs young, dynamic and courageous leaders if we want to be able to compete in the east valley!

Posted October 20, 2011
I would say mountain view high was a excellent school. Yes it is highly populated by the LDS faith but they are Christians and they will accept you for who you are even if you are not of there faith. The teachers are all nice and they know there stuff and they will help you succeed in this world.

Posted April 17, 2011
Topnotch teachers in all areas...rigorous curriculum, high expectations made college a breeze for me. I participated in the Academic Decathlon program which continues to be one of the best in the nation.

Posted March 21, 2011
I graduated from this school several years ago. Although I must admit it does have it's cons, I wouldn't say they outnumber the pros. After all, what school isn't the same in these regards? I would have to agree that it is highly populated with students of the LDS religion as much of the City of Mesa is. Sometimes, I did realize that certain people did only want to befriend those that they also attended church with every Sunday, but it was also the same in jr. high. It's not JUST a Mountain View "thing". I didn't have any problems with students with my religious differences and felt very at ease while at school. I do agree that it takes an outgoing type personality to blend in well with those if you are not LDS though. I would recommend this school to parents as well as LOVE to go back and re-live my high school days there! Call me crazy!

Mountain View High School 3

Posted March 06, 2011
My child is enrolled in this school. Yes, this is a mostly LDS school. We aren't LDS, but if you child is strong and confident enough, he/she will ignore the 'clicks' and create their own success. Most clubs are run by LDS, so forget about any leadership position if you are not one of them. A few clubs, however, have no/little LDS students, and thank goodness! Sports participation can also be a problem, as LDS rule the majority. Some coaches aren't LDS, so do your homework before enrolling your child in any sport/club/activity. The LDS have their seminary across the street--I often wonder why in the world those of us of Christian, Catholic, Jewish or any other faith can't have the same thing across the street!! MVHS is, academically, a good school & our experience has been favorable because our child is confident & outgoing & is successful in a club/organization, but this isn't a campus for the meek, weak and the indiviudalist/bohemian...you'll be treated like an outsider. In retrospect, if we had to do this over again, I would've enrolled our child at Red Mountain HS (nearby), it would've been a more diverse, welcoming campus, and still offer wonderful academic opportunities.

Mountain View High School 1

Posted August 17, 2010
If you are close-minded enroll ! This is the sanctuary you've been looking for ! On the other hand , if your courages enought to create your own path to understanding & happiness then you are not welcomed at this school . You will be dehumanized and looked upon as an outsider . From not only the students I might add but from the staff members as well . This is a educational institution for the weak & lame .

Mountain View High School
2700 E Brown Road, Mesa, AZ  85213
Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top