Posted November 24, 2014
This school is excellent! We have send our children and many other neighborhood children to New Horizon. We love the staff, teachers, and the administration. The curriculum is excellent and my children have excelled using the after school tutoring program as a way they raise scores. I office staff is so helpful, and friendly and accurate. I have never had any problem .The performances are way beyond any other elementary school. The performances have really helped to build self esteem and self confidence in all of my children. I would always support New Horizon and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great school and staff.

Posted November 24, 2014
This my second school year working here, my husband has worked here for over 13 years, our three children attended this school Kindergarten through 6th grade. I had the opportunity to be the PTO president for 5 straight years. I retired fro 30 years as a child care Director and was offered a fantastic position here at the school , I was very excited to work with the Principals, teachers and families here. I would shout about this school from the roof tops. It is a great place to learn and explore dance, music, drama and the violin.

New Horizon School for the Performing Arts 2

Posted January 05, 2013
At all cost avoid sending your children to New Horizon School. My children no longer attend New Horizon and are now doing wonderful. The principal does not care about these children and only sees dollar signs and numbers. Most of the teachers are wonderful but the turn around in staff is ridiculous. I have personally heard the principal scream at students and staff. It's a wonder they have anybody at this school.

Posted June 21, 2011
I feel very blessed to have found this school for my daughter. We lived in Avondale and drove into Mesa everyday for school then on to my job in Scottsdale for the entire 2010/11 school year. I found it to be so worth the sacrafices that would be made for her to attend New Horizons. I searched out performing art schools and was very drawn to this one. The outside appearance is not at all what I expected nor wanted it to be like, though that too has gotten hold of my heart it tells of the character and commitment to the vision it carries. What I found was the heart, vision and integerty of this school surpassed my expectations. The rewards of academics and the performing arts offered stand alone. It's more than a school it's an environment that enables children to thrive. Mr. and Mrs. Wilder have taken a vision and have devoted their whole lives to it. The teachers and staff are very devoted as well. Needless to say we have relocated this year and Mesa will be our new home.

Posted April 19, 2011
New Horizon is a blessing. In one year my kids have advanced over 2 grade levels in reading. they began the year far below where they should have been, and have now surpassed where they need to be. Math has also has improved dramatically! Yes, it's true that there can be staff turn over, however I am glad that if a teacher is not performing up to standard, following curriculum, or teaching in unapproved ways that they are asked to leave. This is my children's education, and I for one am glad that their teachers are held accountable for doing their jobs. The performing arts (music, dance, violin, etc.) is a bonus. The kids love to perform, and it has raised their self-esteem by leaps and bounds. The best part about New Horizon is that my kids feel safe. there are no bullies, and even the cliches for the upper grades are discouraged. These kids come out of this school not only as better students, but better people. I wish every student could experience the individualized attention and concern that New Horizon provides.

Posted March 26, 2011
My nephew goes to New Horizon and we are very close and see each other almost every day. He loves New Horizon and is so happy. He plays the Violin - Wow the teacher is also the administrator and very talented. I am amazed when I go to the concerts. My Nephew also loves to sing so the plays and productions are prefect. His grades are better, and I love the teachers. He not only has a head teacher but two paraprofessional helpers for reading and math. They divide into groups and really help each student on their level. My nephew told me he loves the friends and no bullies like at his other school he was attending in Mesa. The school is very friendly and easy to talk to the staff or administration.

New Horizon School for the Performing Arts 1

Posted February 20, 2011
This school is going down hill and it is like a rock sinking fast. The directors do not care about the students if they did they would hire better teachers and get rid of students that cause problems. The staff is direspectful to the parents and the whole school is on title one just so the school can get money. THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE. My family members have been in this school for a few years and it seems the school cannot make up their mind in what direction they want to go and the only ones they are hurting are the students.

Posted May 23, 2010
You want your child to want to go to school? Send them to New Horizon. My children are so excited everyday to go to New Horizon. I have had all of my children attend New Horizon. I do not like the local public school. My children were in a public school & struggling. At New Horizon I love paraprofessionals working in the classroom with smaller groups of students. I also like the curriculum. I find that most children need a variety. New Horizon has a great AR reading program, Math Facts, Read Naturally, Sound Reading, and I was talking to a teacher and they just got a program called Study Island to improve math skills. I love the staff, the programs, the plays are like watching a Broadway show, very professionally done. The Principal is very kind and understanding. The Vice Principal is fun and works with the students. Great School!

Posted September 29, 2009
I love this school, great teachers, great atmosphere wonderful learning environment. I dirve almost 45 minutes to bring my son here

New Horizon School for the Performing Arts 1

Posted September 10, 2009
I went to New Horizon for 1 and a half years. I loved my teachers and would recommend them for sure but they no longer teach at this particular school. As for the school itself, it's low quality. I got in trouble several times for things that I didn't even do. That's unusual seeing as, I've never gotten detention in my life. As for the performing arts, I don't know if Kids Next Door is still there but it was an 'alright' group. We went to disneyland once a year and performed at the retirement homes. Where as, at the school I am currently attending, we have performed for the Phoenix Suns, DiamondBacks, California Adventure & Disneyland, and ranked number three in the world for best performing group as we went against 50 other countries. If you want to be a performer, New Horizon is a good starter school.

New Horizon School for the Performing Arts
446 E Broadway, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified New Horizon School for the Performing Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Horizon School for the Performing Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top