Bad
Good

Parents have easy access to teachers and principals. Very responsive to needs of students. School is clean and neat.

No one answers the phone or returns calls when looking for enrollment info. Very disappointing.

The administration is excellent ! I have so much admiration for them as leaders. The students admire them, and the teachers and parents respect them. Their expertise in the field of performances, productions, music, theater, and dance is outstanding. My grand-kids have gone there for 6 years and still more are going . I love going to their open houses, they are very professional, and the secretaries, and staff are very helpful, and friendly.

School administration is a joke. Beware, they are not for all children's best interests. The teachers are wonderful people however, but they are limited by their chosen employer.

This my second school year working here, my husband has worked here for over 13 years, our three children attended this school Kindergarten through 6th grade. I had the opportunity to be the PTO president for 5 straight years. I retired fro 30 years as a child care Director and was offered a fantastic position here at the school , I was very excited to work with the Principals, teachers and families here. I would shout about this school from the roof tops. It is a great place to learn and explore dance, music, drama and the violin.

This school is horrible. The principle or principal's are a no go. They don't care about ANY students who attended there. The principal's will pick and choose their favorite student. I have seen the principle pick on students,staff, and parents. Most teachers are great there but some do the same the principle does. My daughter went through 5 teachers in her 6th grade year and my other daughter had her cell phone stolen by another student and the principle showed no real interest in taking care of the issue of theft at all. We even got the police involved and was reprimanded by the principle.If you want your child to be happy please don't send him/her there.

At all cost avoid sending your children to New Horizon School. My children no longer attend New Horizon and are now doing wonderful. The principal does not care about these children and only sees dollar signs and numbers. Most of the teachers are wonderful but the turn around in staff is ridiculous. I have personally heard the principal scream at students and staff. It's a wonder they have anybody at this school.

I feel very blessed to have found this school for my daughter. We lived in Avondale and drove into Mesa everyday for school then on to my job in Scottsdale for the entire 2010/11 school year. I found it to be so worth the sacrafices that would be made for her to attend New Horizons. I searched out performing art schools and was very drawn to this one. The outside appearance is not at all what I expected nor wanted it to be like, though that too has gotten hold of my heart it tells of the character and commitment to the vision it carries. What I found was the heart, vision and integerty of this school surpassed my expectations. The rewards of academics and the performing arts offered stand alone. It's more than a school it's an environment that enables children to thrive. Mr. and Mrs. Wilder have taken a vision and have devoted their whole lives to it. The teachers and staff are very devoted as well. Needless to say we have relocated this year and Mesa will be our new home.

New Horizon is a blessing. In one year my kids have advanced over 2 grade levels in reading. they began the year far below where they should have been, and have now surpassed where they need to be. Math has also has improved dramatically! Yes, it's true that there can be staff turn over, however I am glad that if a teacher is not performing up to standard, following curriculum, or teaching in unapproved ways that they are asked to leave. This is my children's education, and I for one am glad that their teachers are held accountable for doing their jobs. The performing arts (music, dance, violin, etc.) is a bonus. The kids love to perform, and it has raised their self-esteem by leaps and bounds. The best part about New Horizon is that my kids feel safe. there are no bullies, and even the cliches for the upper grades are discouraged. These kids come out of this school not only as better students, but better people. I wish every student could experience the individualized attention and concern that New Horizon provides.

My nephew goes to New Horizon and we are very close and see each other almost every day. He loves New Horizon and is so happy. He plays the Violin - Wow the teacher is also the administrator and very talented. I am amazed when I go to the concerts. My Nephew also loves to sing so the plays and productions are prefect. His grades are better, and I love the teachers. He not only has a head teacher but two paraprofessional helpers for reading and math. They divide into groups and really help each student on their level. My nephew told me he loves the friends and no bullies like at his other school he was attending in Mesa. The school is very friendly and easy to talk to the staff or administration.

Last modified New Horizon School for the Performing Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.