Posted March 20, 2015
This school is a total joke! The amount of worksheets is crazy!! The staff dose not allow for your input as a parent. Everyone is related. I was happy to see a new principal this school year but, unfortunately nothing has changed. They will do next to nothing to help you if your child needs extra help. They say there a stem program but, the kids are doing worksheets more than anything. The administration is there to defend each other and never help you. Don't put your kid there unless you are of the mormon faith if not your a OUTSIDER!!! There always right.....end of story!!! There after school program is a joke and not structured at all just a way of baiting people in for more money!!!

Noah Webster Basic School 4

Posted January 25, 2015
I'm in a profession that openly welcomes feedback and reviews, and while some feedback is good in helping pinpoint areas that can be improved upon, I feel that some individuals use reviews as an open forum to portray an entity, which in this case is a school, in a bad light. I was very surprised to read the first few negative reviews that show up on this site. My son attended Noah Webster, and I was always very pleased with the school, staff, and the education he received. My daughter is enrolled in the Pre-K Program, and I have been EXTREMELY happy with the program and surprised at what she has already learned. She started school knowing her alphabet, how to write a few letters, numbers, etc. Now, she is reading short books, she can write a sentence, and she is even beginning to grasp more advanced math concepts. Her teacher maintains frequent contact with parents and welcomes their help and input. The discipline/positive reinforcement method the teacher uses, a color system, is fair and appropriate for their age. It's unfortunate that some parents feel as though the school shouldn't receive a good rating because our family's overall experience has been fantastic thus far :)

Posted December 11, 2014
Most of the teachers are strangely related to administration and are asked to put positive reviews on this site. Noah Webster puts parents first, students second, and teachers last. Because they are driven by government funds they pack their classrooms full with students, 33 kids in a class is way to many! Unless you drink the Administrations weird Kool-Aid and know the secret handshake you are treated an outsider. As a former teacher of Noah Webster and a former Golden Apple Teacher, I was let go for performance issues related to answering emails and putting grades in. Sorry not sorry, I didn't learn to teach from a desk or to shove worksheets down kids throats. If you want your child to be babysat and to do countless worksheets then this is the right fit for you. They are not a STEM school in any shape or form, don't let them fool you!
5 people found this helpful

Noah Webster Basic School 5

Posted December 01, 2014
I have worked at Noah Webster for several years because I care about the students. I started out as just a parent and have always valued the education my children have received. My children are both on honor roll and are taking advanced classes due to the educational foundation they were given at Noah Webster. As with any job if you fail to meet the expectations you are let go. The teachers work very hard to help the students. There are many teachers that have been here longer than I have and are invested in the students education. Teachers and staff work together to make it a safe learning environment. And yes I think the students and teachers should be proud of their A rating. They have worked very hard for this. What parent would not be proud that their child helped achieve this. Bottom line this school goes above and beyond to help all students achieve their very best and I happy to be a part of that.

Posted November 23, 2014
As a former teacher, I can assure you, the 50% of the staff that have been there over 8 years are; librarian, front office, cafeteria, maintenance, playground, health office, and bus drivers. Not, I repeat, NOT TEACHERS! You do not want to teach here. You are not respected, and you are not valued.

Posted November 14, 2014
verything u said is 100% correct!! If u want to be apart of Childs education don't send them there. They all back each other up and are weirdly related unless u know the secret handshake your a outsider and your opion doesn't matter. The school only cares about its A+ grade. If your child learns from worksheet after worksheet its for u if not run away. Most teachers are unqualified and it shows There are a few that go above and beyond to help but, u can tell there in fear of loosing there job. The computer stem program is a joke. The pre k is the same and, the school they write up 4 year olds for the craziest things very overpriced for what are child learned. I should have listened to my gut when I read these reviews years ago

Posted November 12, 2014
My son's teacher quit in the first week of school. They replaced her with a sub but that sub was always absent. No one knew anything about his grades and the lessons were thrown together. The first week of 1st grade he had to write a paragraph as a test and she marked him off for every little mistake. It broke his heart and he had no idea what he had done wrong because they had not even covered sentence writing. The kids have not had one moment of computers this year because they are broken. It is sold as a STEM school but his day is 85% reading and writing and 15% math and science and everything else. He only has science once a week for 30 min. His assignments come home once a week and I have counted the worksheets each week, he averages 48 a week. I don't use the after school care but I have been in there and it is 200 kids in the gym all sitting for hours with no activities. The most disturbing part though was the class size. He started the year with 33 kids in his class and just one teacher with no aide. I believe they have a good program but have just gotten greedy. Holding on to that A+ and having money rolling in has become more important than actually teaching kids.
4 people found this helpful

Noah Webster Basic School 5

Posted November 09, 2014
As the principal of Noah Webster Schools-Mesa, I would like to acknowledge all of our teachers, staff, and support staff. They are dedicated to Noah Webster and they all work with the goal of growing each and every student, every day. We could not be an A rated school without them all. At Noah Webster we value each employee and understand that every individual on our campus is an asset to our team. Over 50% of our staff and teachers have been working at Noah Webster for over 8 years. We appreciate staff s loyalty to Noah Webster. Our Human Resource Department operates with the highest integrity. Noah Webster has high standards for our staff. This is something that sets us apart from other elementary schools. Noah Webster Schools-Mesa s Board of Directors are respected business and community members that all operate independently from one another and come together to serve on the Board for Noah Webster Schools-Mesa. I personally am in my 11th year with Noah. I work for a well-organized school that puts student learning, in addition to staff and teacher development, at the top of their priorities. Noah Webster is an A rated place to work! Jessica Friedermann, Principal

Posted November 06, 2014
If you are considering a career at NOAH WEBSTER think twice about it. i have never seen so much back stabbing and double standard's in my life. If you have an issue you cant go to HR because she is the Daughter of the CFO and there family and friends makes up almost the entire SCHOOL BOARD. So if you have issues you cant say anything if you want to keep your job. If you aren't in there tight knit group watch you back. NWBS fails miserably at treating employees with respect. Just do as your told and you will be fine. good luck

Posted June 24, 2014
This school was a total waste of time. I am completely surprised to see how unprofessional the people working at this school can be. Unbelievable! I had been waiting over a month, close to two months, just to know if my child had been accepted for kindergarten. I was told at the most it would take 3 weeks. I received an excuse every time I called or stopped by as to why I had not yet received notification of acceptance. It is just completely ridiculous to hear that they have no idea why my child is the only one they have no response for. I have decided not to enroll my child at this school. I can just imagine what it would be like if I had a concern while my child attended this school, the time it would take them to get back to me.
2 people found this helpful

Noah Webster Basic School
7301 E. Baseline Road, Mesa, AZ  85209
Last modified Noah Webster Basic School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Noah Webster Basic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 239 reviews. Top