Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

The teachers really care, and all the staff seem really invested in the school and the children.

This school has the best academics and excellent teachers! I highly recommend this school to anyone wanting the best for their child.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There is always room for improvement, and each teacher and grade level have their good points and bad points.

Amount of homework: Agree

One of my children gets their homework done in 20 minutes, one in about 30 minutes and another can take 45 minutes. They have the same amount of homework. I don't feel like it would be better to tailor the amount of homework to each child.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think that this school does a very good job of teaching and promoting honesty, integrity and fairness. I do think that many Noah Webster parents feel that their child is "special" and therefore never a bully, instigator or liar, and this undermines the entire process.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There have been some amazing teaches at this school who are being fazed out by new staff who just happen to already be close with someone at this school

Develops character: Disagree

When a teacher lies to protect themselves there's no integrity in that. When the office is aware and helps cover the teachers behavior, there's certainly no honestly either

Gossip, backstabbing and bulling. That's what you can expect from several teachers, office staff and the principal. Most of it is directed at the kids! And you better be real careful if your child's friends with a staff members child. I am extremely happy this year is almost over and that my child is finished with this nonsense and will not be returning to this environment. Parent and volunteer

My daughter attends kindergarten at Noah Webster. I have been very impressed with Noah Webster especially in light of the fact that I have two older kids in Gilbert Public Schools. I put my daughter in Noah Webster after researching the nearby schools, speaking with other parents in the school as well as using my own experience after having gone through the public school system with my older two. If you are looking for a school that will create an environment for your child to excel and become a self-reliant child, then this is the right place for you. Creating an environment for excellence has certain caveats to keep in mind. The curriculum is challenging, my kindergartner has good days and bad days sometimes she has made her homework take two hours and sometimes she gets through it in 30 minutes. Another thing to know, is the school follows strict attendance guidelines. She had been ill twice and missed a total of five days, and the school sent us a letter of excessive absences. The five absences were in two semesters one week she was sent home with a fever and then missed the next two following days, then the second absence she was ill again and we kept her home for two days. Each two day absence the school sent home a packet of missed work with totaled about 13 pages of missed work which my daughter had one week to make up. In the converse, I have a step-son who in a Gilbert Public High School who has missed 16 days and the school has currently has 17 missing assignments in his English class alone. The school has said nothing about his excessive absences and continues to give him chance after chance to make-up his work in some classes he can get full credit on assignments that are turned in months late. My son's high school teacher sends emails to the parents literally begging the parents to remind their kids to turn in the assignments. Noah Websters does not do this, they will not coddle your child, starting from kindergarten my daughter is learning to be responsible and accountable for her own success, the kindergarten teacher explained on the first day of school - no late work would be accepted. I am grateful to my daughter's kindergarten teacher and all of Noah Webster School. If you are looking for a school that will create an environment to make your child learn and become independent, Noah Webster is the right school for you.

My child has been at this school since her PK class of 2012. By all means this school is not perfect, but neither is ANY other school. I don't care where in the country it is.... Arizona is not the best with education, and I'm sure anyone who has researched it is aware of. However, I am from Arizona and have realized in my adult age that politics and other reasons are absolutely why the "red" state has education issues. Teachers do not make enough money, and no you do not have to explain yourself either. Do not let reviews effect your emotions, because I also happen to be a business owner in the valley and have found that every review should be taken with a grain of salt. The one thing I would have to say I don't particularly agree with that this school does, is excepts ahcccs. I did not put my child in a charter school for that to be the case. I believe in tuition, and would pay every year for this to be what I originally had in mind. I am not against ahcccs or any persons who need it. I did pay $7,000 for my daughter to go to PK here and would pay that every year, and think it would ultimately be better for the school if this was the case. On a side note, the parent who wrote about this school being Mormon, is completely incompetent... We personally are Catholic and have never heard any of the staff EVER discuss religion. I do not believe that is a correct statement to assume. But then again, Grain of salt. This school is a great school, and this is why we continue to take our daughter here even after moving to the Highland Ridge area. The teachers have ALL been wonderful, and the after school programs and care is very convenient to say the least. There is a Spanish program, legos, cheer , and baton. All of which have been excellent. The teachers have all been very receptive to any concern we have ever had(not very many). And have addressed them fairly. Especially last year when a parent ignorantly accused my daughter of being a "bully" which is absolutely ridiculous if you know my daughter. Luckily the teachers and staff do know her, and knew that this parent was way off! As long as parents/ people in general act this ridiculously without getting all the facts, or maybe taking a little accountability themselves, there will never be a happy median. Please find out for yourself before reading and believing everything on the internet!

Last modified Noah Webster Basic School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.