Mesa, AZ

O'Connor Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2013
The principle is very nice he really tries to communicate with parents when needed and is very helpful. There are a few really great teachers their. Their PE program is great and so is their kindergarten program. The computer lab teachers are awesome. The food is not very good nor very healthy we always packed our lunch. The school security measures could be improved. The staff for the kids with special needs isn't very good so I sent two of my children to other schools with better programs. I have seen some of the teachers yell at parents and children. The staff that works in the office except for the school nurse are very crabby to kids and parents.

Posted August 22, 2013
My 3 children attend this school and I am very pleased with the teachers. Just last week my son's teacher called me, she noticed my son was having a hard time hearing, I appreciated her concern and watchfulness over my son! After the phone call I had a conversation with my son, we both agreed he will get a hearing exam done.

Posted October 04, 2011
i rated this school 5 stars my son went to this school k-4 and it was great i never had to worry about bullies the lunch ladies used to be amazing all the kids were well behaved and when i heard all of this i couldnt send them back... now they are in red mountain ranch elementary school its a great school

O'Connor Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2011
Sister of a Student: Doesn't handle special needs students well.They don't treat special need children with the right way. The staff is know to have yell at students and parents for unreasonable reasons. I worry for students attending this school.

O'Connor Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2010
O'Connor has been a great school for my kids. My son has attended from K to currently 2nd grade. My daughter is attending a pre-k program on site four days a week. I experienced the end of the 'Dr. Green' era (former principal) and have personally talked with the new principal, Ms. Braney. She was very sympathetic and involved in making sure my family and son were doing alright after the passing of our youngest son (1 year old). I get auto messages nearly every week from the school reminding me of an early release day or other important bit of info. I find the communication between the school and parents to be excellent, but then again, I'm one of those involved parents who pays attention to what my kid brings home. I've volunteered for two years in my son's classes and have always found the administrative staff to be welcoming.

Posted August 18, 2009

O'Connor Elementary School 0

Posted June 14, 2009
My child attends this school and I am very sad to report that in less than six (6) months this school has started to crumble. When my child had a problem with a teacher I, as a parent, could not talk to the teacher without the principle present. Never, when dealing with a teacher have this ever hqppen before. I feel the concerns of my child is so far on the back burner. When the new school year start I willgive them 30 days or we will change school very quickly.

O'Connor Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2009
There is a new principal at the school that doesn't listen to parents concerns or issues. There are aides that work in the lunchroom that are just outright mean to the kids. Several parents have went to the principal with these problems and they just don't get dealt with. My sons kindergarden teach is wonderful though and my son loves her. My child will not be attending this school next year.

Posted September 25, 2008

Posted May 07, 2008

O'Connor Elementary School
4840 E Adobe Road, Mesa, AZ  85205
Last modified O'Connor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O'Connor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top