Mesa, AZ

Redbird Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2015
My son went to Redbird last year. The staff doesn't monitor the kids will. A couple times my son got pulled into the office and was sitting by himself for 45 minutes for things he didn't do. The staff would call me after the fact to let me know that other kids confessed to the activities so it was a mistake. My son is in first grade and is behind because he wasn't given the tools to succeed in 1st. I moved him to a charter school and he's catching up. But he's doing the same work as my other son in kindergarten. The kids didn't have enough time outside.

Redbird Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2008
I had the great privilege of teaching at Redbird for 26 years. It was a fantastic experience due to the dedication of the entire staff. Every child, regardless of needs, was treated respectfully and taught as if the child were a family member. I will always treasue my time there. And although I was there long enough to have 5 different principals, each in their own was was able to maintain a sense of family and belonging, hence the reason so many staff stayed there for many years. Bravo to a wonderful school!

Redbird Elementary School

Posted September 20, 2007
I did not like this school. My daughter went there for two weeks and was miserable the whole time. They have the children on a points system where they lose points if other children feel they should. The curriculum is very behind. My daughter was in 2nd grade and they were teaching her the alphabet. Most of the stuff the were teaching her she had already learned before she had even started school. I would not recommend it.

Posted August 13, 2007
Great student teacher ratio, parent involvemnet,, and comfort level for children

Posted July 20, 2007
The most recent review for Redbird was almost 3 years ago what a shame. Redbird is one of the best schools around and it all starts with the principal and filters down into the staff and shows in the overall feeling of the school. Students are treated with respect, the staff are excited to be their and the parent group is fantastic.

Redbird Elementary School 1

Posted September 14, 2004
This school was a good school a few years ago. Not all changes are good ones. A new principle brought problems period! We have lost many experienced, dedicated teachers who loved their job. But the principles personal beliefs and power struggle has sunk this school deep into the ground. The staff isn't what is used to be and no one smiles anymore. The teachers are worn and torn to the point where I'm sure that the good one's we have left are ready to leave. Redbird School has become a scene out of an old deserted desertlike prison. One more year and I am free from it... and looking foward to meeting teachers and staff like Redbird Used to have...

Posted May 19, 2003
I have a special needs child. The staff at Redbird have been absolutely wonderful in meeting his needs and working with us. The staff is committed to meeting the needs of all of its students.

Posted April 12, 2003
My daughter's grade 6 in Redbird Elementary. Her performance is outstanding and I believe teacher-student relationship in her class is very good. She has consistently been in the Principal's List for 3 quarters and had been a student of the Month. This school has motivated her study attitude very well.

Posted April 03, 2003

Posted March 27, 2003
Redbird has the best staff around. They are caring, highly educated, professionals.

Redbird Elementary School
1020 S Extension, Mesa, AZ  85210
Last modified Redbird Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redbird Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top