Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Neutral

My child is on an IEP. I wish here schedule allowed for more specialized support.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

With almost 700 students and a majority being lower income it's hard to keep consistency on bullies. Too many parents are bad role models and the school can't be blamed for that.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I don't like seeing children eating hoods, hats and mask on campus and on the busses. I don't let my children and I feel the campus should support a sronger value of cummunity and consistacy.

Develops character: Agree

I feel Salk does put an emphasis on kindness and understanding others differences.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My kids prefer a kinder approach to teaching. If they feel screamed at or forced to learn in a difficult environment they shut down. But if teachers show little accountability they won't put in any effort...teaching is a fine line with class sizes being so large.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I have two student at Salk. One rarely get work sent home while my younger student has class work and homework sent on every night. I think something in the middle and more consistent would work better as a family in a whole.

The office staff and people come across on campus are very polite and kind.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers at this school are not actively involved with their students. They do not build personal relationships with willing parents.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My daughter has not brought any homework from school at all this year.

My kids have been going to this school for the past 3 years. I have always been just "OK" with it. I prefer a charter school, however my kids have voiced that they would prefer to attend public school, so I gave it a try. This year has been by far the worst. The teacher my son had this year quit after a week so I assume she feels the same way! I can go on a tangent about how they do not offer any after school or before school help for the kids.... But, I will leave it at this: I have e mailed and called the principle over a week ago concerning my son and his negative relationship with his new teacher. I have yet to hear from her! We will be pulling my son out of this school asap!

Last modified Salk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.