Mesa, AZ

Posted August 04, 2015
The staff is BEYOND incompetent and the students are not managed in a consistent manner. The teacher constantly asked us our opinion on how she could "reach" him and NEVER LISTENED TO US. So instead, he got to come home feeling like he was a horrible kid because he was always in trouble due to lack of discipline. It has RUINED his self esteem. To top it off, we had to move outside of the school district but had to keep him in Mesa School District due to work schedules and transportation issues and they DENIED HIM ENROLLMENT because of "behavioral issues". HES A 9 YEAR OLD BOY!!! WHAT 9 YEAR OLD BOY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE TAUGHT HOW TO BEHAVE AT TIMES?! If he was SO BAD then why were they willing to keep him had we still lived in the district?! Instead they used it against him for re-enrollment. And their registrar wasn't even in the office until 2 weeks before school started. So I jumped on the issue to apply due to tight time frames (thanks to whoever planned that ladies vacation) and instead of CALLING US TO TELL US HE GOT DENIED A WEEK BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS THEY MAIL A FREAKING LETTER. And they were afraid to tell me over the phone because they knew VERY WELL that their reasoning is UNFAIR AND BAD PRACTICE. Your school is PATHETIC. Your staff is SPINELESS and BRAINLESS. Your effort to reach children is LAZY. I am shocked that any of you have a job after how you treat students and parents!

Salk Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
This school is raising children to not learn how to deal with issues but to tattle on every little thing. I mean little. I understand bigger issues. My 7 year old has gone so down hill once he started going to this school. Learning things from other kids I can't even imagine at his age. Now he is always getting in trouble for saying and doing innapropriate things. My 6th grader calls home for everything. Your not actively writing on your paper...call home. You made a sound with your pen cap....call home. I am worn thin. They are worn thin and feel they can't do anything right. Our family, neighborhood families, and our church think they are awesome kids. Too bad the kids don't feel that way anymore. They come home saying they can't do anything right and they are losers. Not Okay! When my 6th grader would tell on his friends for something they were all doing the Principal threatened to call the Mesa Policy Department on him if he didn't tell!! To me that's bullying!

Salk Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2011
Salk has been rated an A+ school this year !! And it is an A+ School ! If you have children that go to Salk and thay are having issues at school ,are they having issues at home as well? I've seen the Principal and the Staff bend over backwards to help troubled kids, But the "help" needs to begin at home Parents!

Salk Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2011
I'm a grandmother who has seen my granddaughter excel and thrive in this school. The teachers have been encouraging and nudged her to her full potential. The programs for the students offer opportunities for growth on social as well as educational levels.

Posted May 25, 2010
I don't believe the majority of the population being Spanish is not the problem. I think it is a good thing for our children to be raised in a diverse environment. The issue is what the other parent said-it is all about pushing these kids through. A few years back there was a big thing about 'we have zero tolerance for bullying' that is not true-it is happening every day right under their noses and they don't want to see it. It is sad that my son has to come home every day saying that he was called this name and kicked and hit and no one is ever there to see it-when he tells he is dismissed. They cannot control what happens on their own campus or buses and that is sad.

Posted May 13, 2010
Awful school!!! Heavy hispanic population & class was spent half in english and the other half of the time translating in spanish. My son became bored and was getting in trouble. Who can blame him!! He went all of about a month after I pulled him out. Nobody seemed to want to take the time to help. Since, he has been in his new school everything has drastically improved!! Attitude, grades have soared outside of Salk!! The staff has such a ho hum attitude there. Pulling him out there was the best thing I ever could have done!!!

Salk Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2008
Salk is an awesome school. You can feel the positive school climate the moment you walk on the campus. I have seen the principal go out of her way to make a difference for the students. They love her and it shows. The teachers a so loving and highly qualified. Best school my children have ever attended.

Salk Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2008
I like the teachers my daughter has but I am not happy with quite a few policys. It seems to me that the 'rules' are only inforced for 'certain' students. There is too much inconsistancy in discipline to be effective in that department and too much violence on the buses

Salk Elementary School 2

Posted November 27, 2007
I am not a fan of Salk. My daughter is attending Salk. She is bored and not challenged. Our son also went to Salk and it is about pushing the kids through.

Salk Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2007
The teachers get 5 stars all the way! I've never seen a more devoted group of people. Every one I have met has gone out of her way to help my child. I just cannot say thank you enough.

Salk Elementary School
7029 E Brown Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Salk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salk Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top