Public charter
Mesa, AZ
After care: No

Sequoia Secondary School 3

Posted December 20, 2011
The review below, that posted on August 31, 2011, is actually a review about Sequoia Academics and Arts school, not Sequoia Secondary School. Though no school is perfect I would not want to see another school take a negative review because their name is similar. Sequoia Secondary School is a NCA accredited institution and has done great things for my children.

Posted August 31, 2011
Pulled my daughter out of the school after only one day. Students ran the school, came into and out of classes as they pleased, cursed at teachers, the English teacher spoke with a heave accent and had a poor grasp of the language, a student in trouble visiting the principal was allowed to put his feet on her desk, but when confronted it is us who just don't understand the folksy family style education. Do yourself a favor and do not enroll your student here. It is a complete and utter joke. They're not even accredited, the reason the principal Ms. Graham is cost, I'm just glad we realized it before too long.

Sequoia Secondary School 4

Posted June 24, 2011
My daughter graduated top in her class from Sequoia and EXCEEDED on 2 of the AIMS tests her Junior year and the third her Senior year. She was awarded an in-state scholarship and attends ASU now. She was actively involved in the sports programs all six years she attended Sequoia. My son graduated top of his class from Sequoia and EXCEEDED on his AIMS tests also. He was actively involved with the wonderful Student Council program and some of the sports programs during his six years at Sequoia. He played football, ran track and cross country. My kids teachers were very pleased to see I was actively involved with their education. They would love to see ALL parents actively involved. They welcomed any questions and worked with me on any concerns. All the teachers and the principal, Dean of Students, etc., have an open door policy and are very helpful. I give Sequoia 4 out of 5 stars because to me 5 stars is Perfect and no school is Perfect.

Sequoia Secondary School 4

Posted June 23, 2011
As a parent who has had 3 kids graduate from this school. I am very proud to say they went to Sequoia charter school. The teachers here are great and have worked with my kids and have prepared them for college. All three of my kids are attending college and are doing great. The Athletic program at that school is superb, and the programs are growing every year. They are well known by every charter and public school around as being very athletic school, and preforms well in all sports. I have asked the coaches to help my son get better, and they have taken the extra time after practices to spend one on one time with him, and helped him get better. Colleges have contacted us about my son playing for them. If you want your kid to get looked at by colleges, this is the school. This school was a great asset to my kids, and helped them grow to be great leaders. I can't say enough about this school.

Posted May 09, 2011
I am pulling my son out of this school. He is upset because he has friends here but he is in the 9th and getting great grades WITHOUT turning in his homework, without being able to spell or write properly. I had a meeting with teachers regarding his spelling and the response I got was "we don't grade on spelling." Oh heck no...how will my boy be able to function in the real world without spelling correctly? Out he comes!

Posted December 03, 2010
If you have a child who plays sports please be very careful when considering this school. Please review all AIA and Charter schools rules before allowing your child to play for the Athletic Director at this school. The A.D. has only one real goal and that is to win games, he will ask teachers to hold pink slips until after the season, magically all his players were eligible last season even though a few managed to barely pass by the end of the year, if they passed at all. There are fights during games, favoritism towards A.D. s son. Most important this A.D. will turn on anyone who isn t giving him what he wants. He has no regard for the students or their futures, he only cares about what they can do for his teams. I am surprised he is still employed. My Son will NEVER play football at Sequoia again, I am only sorry I didn t see the type of person and organization this A.D. was running before this school year.

Posted February 09, 2010
this school is awesome my kids enjoy every day. I swear it. The peace and tranquility is something you feel once you get there the food could be better.

Sequoia Secondary School 5

Posted May 31, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009

Sequoia Secondary School 5

Posted December 05, 2008

Sequoia Secondary School
1460 S. Horne, Mesa, AZ  85204
Last modified Sequoia Secondary School is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoia Secondary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top