Stevenson Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 711 students

Posted September 16, 2013

The Staff at the School are very open to communications fellow parents. Please acknowledge there hard work.

Posted July 29, 2013

I enjoy some of the teachers and staff. However, lots of changes need to be made. I have two children that attend each in different grade levels. They have came home on many occasions saying the teachers cus in class. There is also some extreme behavior issues from students in the class that never seem to get resolved. It's makes the classroom a hostle learning environment, that is constantly disrupted. My kids have always been A,B students that did very well in school. They have stayed close to that level last school year but I did see a drop in grades and overall happiness to go to school. This school is a new school for them so hoping this year is better than last.

Posted July 8, 2012

I love this school. I have 2 children attending Stevenson Elementry, and they love it too. They have each attended 3 years here, and they have loved each and one of their teachers. The teachers take the time to help each kid indiviually, and will call the parents just to let them know how their child is doing in class. Last year we moved out of district and we drive our children 30 min each way just so they can continue to go here. If your looking for a school that actually cares about teaching your children and going above and beyond to help your child, bring them to Stevenson Elementry!!

Posted May 7, 2011

I went to this school when I was younger, I was there till the forth grade I loved this school. I learned better in Stevenson then I have in my other elementary school. I learned better in a fun environment then I did in a cram and nose in a book school. This is the best school I can think of for my future children, parents are active in student learning. I loved my teachers and the unique ways they taught me as a child.

Posted May 28, 2010

I love this school, I have one kid in this school he loves his teacher and his school.

Posted May 4, 2010

As a new Kindergarten teacher at Stevenson I love the staff and how they work together to create a fun and safe learning environment for all students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 2, 2008

I love this school. I have two children and they love the school and the teachers. 4th and 1st grade. The teachers keep me with upto date information and progress of my children. This makes my childrens' education easy, enjoyable and fun. Both parents and teachers participation on the childrens' education makes life simpler. I can say the teachers are great and do there work well and call for parents participation. The principal, teachers, office staff and all staff in general are friendly and good. My advice to parents out there, be part of your childrens' education. Participate where the teachers want you to participate, attend meetings when they call you and review those notes that the children bring home everytime. The teachers at Stevenson care about our children and I have no complain so far. I would like to say thank you to all the staff at Stevenson Elementary.

Posted July 9, 2008

My son is currently attendd Stevenson, and he is a 4th grader. He loves this school. He struggle at reading at first, and the teachers worked with him and and taught him to read. I see him reading alote more, and he understand what he doing. I wanted to thank the staff for taking the time out for him.

Posted January 23, 2008

I have three children who have attended Stevenson. My oldest in now in 11th grade and I have a 5th grader as well as a 3rd grader. We have lived in another district for the past four and a half years. At the beginning of the 2007-2008 school year I tried sending the two youngest to another district and school. After the first five weeks I pulled them out and drive them every day to Stevenson. You can't beat the quality of education or the teachers at Stevenson.

Posted May 21, 2007

Three of my children currently attend Stevenson. We moved them to this school from Patterson over three years ago. We absolutely love Stevenson! My children are doing so well. The teachers and staff are all very friendly and easy to work with. They care about the students and very much encourage parent participation. We did not get that at Patterson.

Posted January 19, 2007

My daughter has attended Stevenson for 6 years and has always done excellent. Most of the teachers are VERY caring where the children are concerned. I highly recommend Mrs. Shaw. I have never seen a teacher care so much about their students as she does. She truly goes above and beyond her duties as a teacher.

Posted September 20, 2006

Our year at Stevenson was difficult to say the least. The teachers were self absorbed with low expectations of students. The behavior issues involved teachers as well as students. I believe lower income schools have a different set of problems; however education, safety, equality, respect, and caring should be the basic foundation for all schools. We did not experience these characteristics at Stevenson in 2004/2005 school year.

Posted August 19, 2006

My 7th grader attended Stevenson in 5th grade.(2004-2005)We were disappointed and sent him to a different school thereafter. My other 2 children are on their 3rd year at this school. The teacher turnover seems high, however, my children have had 'new' teachers for 2 years and we have been pleased so far. I love the extracurricular activities that they have and as far as supplies, we have never been asked or expected to provide. We have been asked to donate, but only if able. They care very much about the unfortunate, even providing 2 meals a day in June. My 2 youngest love it there. Overall, you have to outweigh the good with the bad.

Posted October 17, 2005

My child is attending this school throught the Young Learners Program. I am very pleased with this program in how it is preparing her for kindergarden. Her teacher is wonderfull and they go to the library and music and P.E. just like the big kids. She is very happy and excelling in her letters and numbers. I am very pleased with this school.

Posted July 6, 2005

My children attended here when Mr. Meecko was priciple and at that time I could not have been more pleased. But since he left so did all the programs and intrests in our kids. My children no longer attend stevensen.

Posted October 23, 2004

My child has only been going to this school for a short time but I realy like the way the school is layed out. My childs teacher knows what she is doing unlike the last school my child was at. They seem to have plenty of money for everything the school and kids need. I am very pleased with this school!

Posted October 22, 2004

I am very happy with this school, my childs teacher and the funding that the school gets.

Posted August 20, 2004

This is my daughter's fourth year at Stevenson! They are doing a great job! The teachers are wonderful!

Posted August 26, 2003

I think that Stevenson is a wonderful school. I have no idea what the person who commented on 'children always being asked to bring in treats and supplies' was talking about. To start school here, children are not required to bring in anything. Not even a box of Kleenex. And as for snacks, it is up to you whether or not you want to help out. There has never been any pressure. Keep up the good work, Stevenson!

Posted April 17, 2003

My two children attended this school for three years. Always being asked to bring in supplies for projects or treats put alot of pressure on my kids and myself as a single working parent. Since my kids have gone on to another elementary school close to this one, I have noticed more emphasis on learning than having 'fun'. Teachers are not as professional as in past times, in attitudes and dress.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 85%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (480) 472-9070

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now